• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sigh. (It hurts when you see it pointed out like that)

PanthersATL

The more stuff I watch the more I see him playing with that same emotion and fire #17 had. Jake wasn't as coordinated with his celebrations and wasn't half as fast as Corral but that emotion, that fire made regular Jake great some Sundays. Corral is obviously more gifted but to me that's just another piece of the psyche needed to make it as a QB in the first place.

That said, Corral is our best option to win going forward. Stop it with Sam this and that. At this moment Sam isn't worth more than Matt Corral in any trade scenario. What does that say? What do his career stats say? Blame everybody else? No. Not a starter. Yes, a QB, not a starter anymore. Too much bad tape.

Now after the injuries and what happened last year, shouldn't be running. That's 30% of Darnolds upside gone. Being a backup is still saying a lot in the NFL. That's his career trajectory. Not bad. Give it time, people forget, he may start again.

Truthfully, I don't know how Sam feels about backing up a rookie, maybe that's not what he signed up for and would want to test the market so those conversations need to be had. One thing is for sure. Golden Corral needs his reps, he needs to be fully evaluated before the next draft. He's from the SEC so I really don't think the lights will be too big for him. Kids got swagger.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

We've always sucked, minus a season here and there. That stat doesn't effect me in any way.

eh, since 1996 we are middle of the pack.  Up and down .  I think we are 14th in playoff wins in that window.  

Until the Tepper/Rhule era no coach had pulled off 3 consecutive losing seasons.  And only once in our history had a coach gone 3 consecutive years without making the postseason.  Seifert.  And Seifert window was correctly ended. 

We suck now.  This is the peak of Panther suckage. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

18 hours ago, rippadonn said:

The more stuff I watch the more I see him playing with that same emotion and fire #17 had. Jake wasn't as coordinated with his celebrations and wasn't half as fast as Corral but that emotion, that fire made regular Jake great some Sundays. Corral is obviously more gifted but to me that's just another piece of the psyche needed to make it as a QB in the first place.

That said, Corral is our best option to win going forward. Stop it with Sam this and that. At this moment Sam isn't worth more than Matt Corral in any trade scenario. What does that say? What do his career stats say? Blame everybody else? No. Not a starter. Yes, a QB, not a starter anymore. Too much bad tape.

Now after the injuries and what happened last year, shouldn't be running. That's 30% of Darnolds upside gone. Being a backup is still saying a lot in the NFL. That's his career trajectory. Not bad. Give it time, people forget, he may start again.

Truthfully, I don't know how Sam feels about backing up a rookie, maybe that's not what he signed up for and would want to test the market so those conversations need to be had. One thing is for sure. Golden Corral needs his reps, he needs to be fully evaluated before the next draft. He's from the SEC so I really don't think the lights will be too big for him. Kids got swagger.

I agree with you on all points but starting him just for the sake of knowing what Sam is.  Corral is a good prospect, I don't want to ruin him out of the gate.  I think we get Sam until he implodes.

Charlotte FC crowds are very different from Panther crowds. My whole section in 127 stands for the whole game. They follow the supporters section lead who cheer and sing the whole game.  Guys running around with no shirt on, waving huge flags, smudge pots going etc. The atmosphere is really electric and the players feed off that. I imagine  the Panthers could benefit from a more raucous crowd.

4 hours ago, thefuzz said:

I agree with you on all points but starting him just for the sake of knowing what Sam is.  Corral is a good prospect, I don't want to ruin him out of the gate.  I think we get Sam until he implodes.

Sam has already imploded, exploded. The Jets knew he was done.

Starting this kid won't hurt him it will show him from day one what the expectations will be.

Unless he's injured he's our best option to win football games. Ask Corral if he wants to start, or is it too much? He'll probably salivate. He wants the ball. He deserves his chance. Sam was that guy and is no more.

It's football. He just needs a training camp. Zach Wilson in contrast and Malik Willis not having just played in the SEC may need a redshirt but not Corral. Playaction is his strength and directly translates to Sundays.

Very few QBs play with that Jake/Smitty like emotion. This guy does. He's ready.

Let's eat!