• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Fowler on Panthers QB search

- Panthers engaged in trade talks with Browns on day 2 regarding Baker Mayfield however he didn't get the sense the Panthers were enthusiastic about the possibility

- Baker was open to Panthers but more of an "anywhere but Cleveland" perspective 

- Panthers were much more intrigued with Matt Corral and also liked Sam Howell 

- Matt Corral underwhelmed in interviews with multiple teams

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33883074/key-intel-all-32-teams-2022-nfl-draft-buzz-exec-reactions-depth-chart-fits-remaining-needs-comes-next

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Corral had the lowest Wonderlic score of any QB in this class he's probably a dumb dumb 

Well actually he said he probably didn't fill it out right. If you skip one and don't come back to it, all the ones after it are counted wrong is what I read. That's a dumb way to grade a test.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

I’d like tO hear more about the “underwhelmed” part of his interviews. Maybe the person asking the questions was underwhelming?

I’ve done job interviews where I wasn’t blown away from the person asking me the questions. I’ve also left job interviews thinking that person I talked to was a condescending asswipe.

Has anyone heard of the type of questions they ask these guys? 

are you gay?

do you like tall women? 

how did you handle your mother being a whore?

lol some real Sigmund Freud type of poo from these meat head NFL executives  

Edited by 4Corners
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, top dawg said:

Well actually he said he probably didn't fill it out right. If you skip one and don't come back to it, all the ones after it are counted wrong is what I read. That's a dumb way to grade a test.

I don’t think that’s correct. I may be mistaken. I took a wonderlic like ten years ago and did ok on it. Not showing off and not falling behind. I think it was like the SATs where you can just skip a question. The tricky part is you only get like 10 mins to answer as many as you can correctly 

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t think that’s correct. I may be mistaken. I took a wonderlic like ten years ago and did ok on it. Not showing off and not falling behind. I think it was like the SATs where you can just skip a question. The tricky part is you only get like 10 mins to answer as many as you can correctly 

Well, you're probably right and Corral was full of it, though the Wonderlic still apparently misses the mark if you look at some of the QBs who scored similarly.

https://fansided.com/2022/04/28/matt-corral-explains-wonderlic-test-nfl-draft/

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

I’d like tO hear more about the “underwhelmed” part of his interviews. Maybe the person asking the questions was underwhelming?

I’ve done job interviews where I wasn’t blown away from the person asking me the questions. I’ve also left job interviews thinking that person I talked to was a condescending asswipe.

Has anyone heard of the type of questions they ask these guys? 

are you gay?

do you like tall women? 

how did you handle your mother being a whore?

lol some real Sigmund Freud type of poo from these meat head NFL executives  

Part of me is saying there's no shot those are actual questions asked.

Part of me knows that's probably at least some of the questions asked. Lol.

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Corral had the lowest Wonderlic score of any QB in this class he's probably a dumb dumb 

Whew, I just looked his up and 15 is absolutely alarming, I just did one and got 30 and at least 20 of those were easy questions. It is true that if you skip one its doesn't award a point so better to guess than to skip.

• Beer 1

Not really trying to be pessimistic but does anyone here actually think this kid is going to be really good or decent for that matter? Or are they just happy he isn’t Sam Darnold?

I am very underwhelmed with this class and I had Corral tied with Howell for 4th best in the group this year. 

• Beer 1