• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tarik Cohen - Letters to my Younger Self

Wow, that was a powerful piece. I knew he'd played here in Greensboro for NC A&T and he was a heck of a running back. Sounds like a good, Good man who has had to deal with the ramifications of others' life decisions heavier than anyone I could imagine.

I hope he finds peace and I hope he finds another shot at football. We could use a guy like him here, high character and understanding of the sacrifices he's made and the sacrifices made by others to get him where he was. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Great post and thank you for sharing.

it’s eerie how similar my life was to Tarik’s. Same path for my brothers, and I also moved to Chicago for a big pay day only to lose that career due to poor business management.

It’s a reminder to all that no matter the profession we all lead similiar lives. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 5

4 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Woof.. heavy read. Good reminder how athletes are still humans. 

People forget that pretty easily.  They get viewed as some almost cyborg-type being because of what they do every week during the season.  Yet, they have the same problems as everybody else and maybe more.  Money and fame bring "friends" (or fiends) out of the woodwork they didn't even know they had.

I just hope he finds the balance in his life he needs.  Whether football is part of that or not is pretty irrelevant.  But I hear these stories and it causes me to root for them. 

Life can be a tough animal.

• Pie 2

Thank you for sharing this, legit had no idea Tarik went through all that. Prayers up for him what a tough dude with a big heart. I hope he gets signed, I would be happy with him here. I can’t imagine losing a brother let alone two and then one getting serious brain damage. 

5 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/tarik-cohen-mental-health-nfl-football

Is he a Panther? No, but I want nothing but good things to happen to him from this day forward. I hope we kick the tires on him and bring him in as a returner if it turns out Roberts has lost a step. Hell, bring him in for RB depth. Just bring him home, Jesus, he's been through enough already.

He would be good complimentary RB add to the backfield.  Much like Ameer was last year.  Who I believe is gone and frankly was the best overall RB we had once CMC was off the table.  He has hands and is a nice 3rd down type option.   And yeah, he has a legit return resume. 

It's a common theme- fatherless boys raised by mothers/grandmothers. Endless cycle, so sad. 

A young boy learns sooo much from their father. Why doesnt someone down the family tree branch end the blackhole-like cycle??  Both the males and females have the choice/power. 

• Pie 1