• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tarik Cohen - Letters to my Younger Self

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

Dude been through and seen a lot in his lifetime.

He’s my alum. I’m always going to root for him. He’s got the same last name of my child’s mom. I joke with her and say that’s her cousin lol.

Just about all my uncles and aunts were Aggies. My dad teaches computer science at FAMU 👊🏿

• Beer 1

images_voltaxMediaLibrary_mmsport_theplayertribune_01g2k1rpafg9q0e24v09.thumb.jpg.25946737ccb68e95a4793a222691adf3.jpg

So, for the people who follow/stalk these athletes on Twatter or whatever social media platform, keep in mind that some if not most of these guys do read this stuff you post on their feeds. Opponent or not, don't troll these guys or trash them in that kind of format. 

We never know what is going on in their personal lives nor do we know the challenges they may be facing. Every single one of us, myself included, loses sight of how easy it is to sit behind a keyboard or screen and rip into these people we don't know and make assumptions about them or their personal situations.

I know I would never want to be a part of a crowd that is responsible for sending someone over the edge that is experiencing the level of trauma and grief that Tarik is. Think about that before you post something in the heat of emotion to these guys feeds/accounts/DMs.

• Pie 7

And just in case anyone wasn't paying attention, in addition to getting a local guy who has been through the ringer and still keeps pushing, we'd be getting a player capable of this :

Definitely worth watching and even more worth bringing in.

• Beer 2

18 hours ago, Basbear said:

It's a common theme- fatherless boys raised by mothers/grandmothers. Endless cycle, so sad. 

A young boy learns sooo much from their father. Why doesnt someone down the family tree branch end the blackhole-like cycle??  Both the males and females have the choice/power. 

Very common, and very sad.

Having a kid is TOUGH.  Having a kid out of wedlock is tougher.  Having multiple kids with no father figure is going to take you out....you just don't have the ability to do all of "your jobs" at that point.

What we need are Men, what we have are Boys who want to say they are men.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

images_voltaxMediaLibrary_mmsport_theplayertribune_01g2k1rpafg9q0e24v09.thumb.jpg.25946737ccb68e95a4793a222691adf3.jpg

So, for the people who follow/stalk these athletes on Twatter or whatever social media platform, keep in mind that some if not most of these guys do read this stuff you post on their feeds. Opponent or not, don't troll these guys or trash them in that kind of format. 

We never know what is going on in their personal lives nor do we know the challenges they may be facing. Every single one of us, myself included, loses sight of how easy it is to sit behind a keyboard or screen and rip into these people we don't know and make assumptions about them or their personal situations.

I know I would never want to be a part of a crowd that is responsible for sending someone over the edge that is experiencing the level of trauma and grief that Tarik is. Think about that before you post something in the heat of emotion to these guys feeds/accounts/DMs.

Cue the douchenozzles with their, "iF He GeTS PaiD MiLLioNs He CaN TaKe THe CRiTiCiSM," responses 😕

Tarik's tenacity is remarkable. I hope things turn around for him and his family sooner rather than later.

• Beer 2

7 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Very common, and very sad.

Having a kid is TOUGH.  Having a kid out of wedlock is tougher.  Having multiple kids with no father figure is going to take you out....you just don't have the ability to do all of "your jobs" at that point.

What we need are Men, what we have are Boys who want to say they are men.

I just seen faaar it much and it breaks my cold dark heart seeing a mother of 5 working 3 jobs all to see her children do the same thing years later. I swear it would solve sooooo many issues, Ickey with the impact of his family is a great recent example. I just dont understand how a young man can watch his mom go though alllllllllllllllllll that hell for YEARS, turn around and do the same thing to women. Females need to wait and be smart about who they select to have have kids with. Man need to FIGHT tooth and nail to be a part of ALL their kids lifes. Endless black-hole. 

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Basbear said:

I just seen faaar it much and it breaks my cold dark heart seeing a mother of 5 working 3 jobs all to see her children do the same thing years later. I swear it would solve sooooo many issues, Ickey with the impact of his family is a great recent example. I just dont understand how a young man can watch his mom go though alllllllllllllllllll that hell for YEARS, turn around and do the same thing to women. Females need to wait and be smart about who they select to have have kids with. Man need to FIGHT tooth and nail to be a part of ALL their kids lifes. Endless black-hole. 

We have produced a generation of "me first" people.  Don't care much about others, or their pain, so long as they are "happy".

My Mom finally told me of a very bad time in her's and my Father's marriage, it was because of me...Dad told her she could leave at any time, so long as she didn't even think of taking the kids (they had just had my brother).  I don't think many fathers feel the same way...a lot easier just to walk away and act "free" again.

• Pie 1