• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What 2nd year Player are you most excited about?

CanadianCat

Carolina Panthers 2021 Draft Picks:

Round 1, pick 8 – Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
Round 2, pick 59 (from CLE) – Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU
Round 3, pick 70 (from PHI) – Brady Christensen, OT, BYU
Round 4: No. 126 (from TEN) – Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State 
Round 5: No. 158 (from From NE through HOU) – Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa
Round 5: No. 166 (from TEN) – Keith Taylor, CB, Washington
Round 6, pick 193 – Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama
Round 6, pick 204 (from CHI) – Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina
Round 6, pick 222 – Thomas Fletcher, LS, Alabama
Round 7: No. 232 – Phil Hoskins, DT, Kentucky

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

Carolina Panthers 2021 Draft Picks:

Round 1, pick 8 – Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
Round 2, pick 59 (from CLE) – Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU
Round 3, pick 70 (from PHI) – Brady Christensen, OT, BYU
Round 4: No. 126 (from TEN) – Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State 
Round 5: No. 158 (from From NE through HOU) – Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa
Round 5: No. 166 (from TEN) – Keith Taylor, CB, Washington
Round 6, pick 193 – Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama
Round 6, pick 204 (from CHI) – Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina
Round 6, pick 222 – Thomas Fletcher, LS, Alabama
Round 7: No. 232 – Phil Hoskins, DT, Kentucky

I am honestly looking forward to all of these guys making more contributions to this team this year, minus Fletcher.  

If I were to pick one or two.  Marshall and Hubbard.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The obvious answer is Horn as he has such high upside.. I said in a different post that his draft grade was equal and higher than the top 2 CB's draft in this past draft. Now he has another year behind him to learn, I think he will ball out. 

That said I'm most hopeful that Terrace Marshall will come into his own. 6'3" His draft grade would have made him a top 5 WR in this years draft (in comparison) we just need decent QB play. But I REALLY like his potential. 

• Pie 6

well, Horn and TMJ are my 1 and 2 but that almost feels like cheating. 

Probably Deonte Brown.  I still think given how bad our OL was last year he should of gotten more time in the fire to grow to see what was what.  But Rhule seemed to always have an excuse for not playing these young guys despite the comp ahead of them being bad.  I mean, not playing rookies on a rebuilding team with bad comp ahead of them??BC's arms were short.  Brown too fat or something.  TMJ's gait.  We should of been playing these guys last year more. 

• Pie 6

4 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

The obvious answer is Horn as he has such high upside.. I said in a different post that his draft grade was equal and higher than the top 2 CB's draft in this past draft. Now he has another year behind him to learn, I think he will ball out. 

That said I'm most hopeful that Terrace Marshall will come into his own. 6'3" His draft grade would have made him a top 5 WR in this years draft (in comparison) we just need decent QB play. But I REALLY like his potential. 

For me Horn is a given.  

Like I said I think there is a good chance many of these guys get more playing time and will contribute to the team.  Not many will be starters but they can definitely contribute more than 2021. 

• Beer 1

I wouldn't say excited, but TMJ better be able to make an impact this year.  I don't care who's spraying the ball, if he's still inactive for gameday to start the first few weeks, it's likely in bust territory for him. 

I really hope he can become something considering the trading down and everyone we passed on to wind up with him as our second pick. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, Horn and TMJ are my 1 and 2 but that almost feels like cheating. 

Probably Deonte Brown.  I still think given how bad our OL was last year he should of gotten more time in the fire to grow to see what was what.  But Rhule seemed to always have an excuse for not playing these young guys despite the comp ahead of them being bad.  I mean, not playing rookies on a rebuilding team with bad comp ahead of them??BC's arms were short.  Brown too fat or something.  TMJ's gait.  We should of been playing these guys last year more. 

Agreed,  I just hope he's gotten over his love affair with Vets and lets the most talented play.  

2022 picks after Corral I don't see much playing time for them.  Seems they have a lot of athletic ability and hopefully they can be coached up to contribute. 

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

Don't know how I missed that one. Tommy would have been my #1 choice for break out player this year but we resigned Thomas. 

Brother, I quit taking the ian thomas hopuim and switched to Tremble hopuim.... Mccadoo may run a 2 TE base, we will see. Think about the help the QB could get if Tremble takes a big step forward....That maybe the key to turn this O into the dangerous type(well CMC health..) rather than average. 

• Pie 2

Horn - we all know he's gonna come back with that Mamba mentality 

TMJ - He flashed so well last pre-season. Let's see that poor man's Dez Bryant come out 

Tremble - It's time to shine with more than the blocks. Kid's got it, man 

Nixon - He's got tantalizing tools and was putting it together. If he's hungry, he's gonna make a splash 

Edited by Mistuh Jones
  • Beer 1

Just now, stbugs said:

I still don’t see anything that Thomas provides that Tremble can’t.

Brother I still dont get why they resigned him for that insane deal.....yea TEs across the league are getting huge increases and browns tagged Njoku.....just cause most are bad mistakes, doesnt mean panthers need to make one too. Finessererer cannt be perfect, but paying a guy (thats done next to nothing)after 4 years and the main reason potential???......I got 2021 FA day one flashbacks.

Bringing him back from some 1.5mill deal one year, fine......17 million for 3??? I dont care theres a out after year one, he did not deserve that....then the police report came out....ughx14

• Beer 1