• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What 2nd year Player are you most excited about?

CanadianCat

1 hour ago, davos said:

I wouldn't say excited, but TMJ better be able to make an impact this year.  I don't care who's spraying the ball, if he's still inactive for gameday to start the first few weeks, it's likely in bust territory for him. 

I really hope he can become something considering the trading down and everyone we passed on to wind up with him as our second pick. 

☝️

1 hour ago, CanadianCat said:

Carolina Panthers 2021 Draft Picks:

Round 1, pick 8 – Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
Round 2, pick 59 (from CLE) – Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU
Round 3, pick 70 (from PHI) – Brady Christensen, OT, BYU
Round 4: No. 126 (from TEN) – Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State 
Round 5: No. 158 (from From NE through HOU) – Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa
Round 5: No. 166 (from TEN) – Keith Taylor, CB, Washington
Round 6, pick 193 – Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama
Round 6, pick 204 (from CHI) – Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina
Round 6, pick 222 – Thomas Fletcher, LS, Alabama
Round 7: No. 232 – Phil Hoskins, DT, Kentucky

The collective unit is my obvious. I think we'll look back on this draft in a positive light. Literally a lot of potential below...

Here's my take: 

Jaycee Horn: I'm looking at Horn as another 1st round pick in the '22 draft since he only suited up 3 full games last year. The drop off when he left the field was noticeable. Has the ability not only be a Pro bowler but All-Pro at the position. Off the charts athleticism is one thing, the "want to be great" is what will separate him from his peers. Year 2: Lockdown corner. 

TMJ:  Once he becomes confident and we give the man a QB, he will be a problem. If he was the #2 receiver this year, I could see him maxing out at 800 yards. He should have been out primary redzone weapon last season. Still developing but imo his floor is Brandon Lafell and his ceiling is Justin Jefferson (in the right situation). Oddly enough thier all LSU products. Year 2: Around 6 TDs - 300-500 yards. 

BC: Idunno.. hasn't had enough play for me to form an opinion. That's on the coaching staff.  I can say he is miles better than Greg Little at this same point. I'm not a fan of him all over the line though.... In the end, I think he'll turn out as an above average swing tackle or guard depending on placement. Year 2: Average play if placed in the LG spot (NEEDS to get stronger). 

Tremble: If it took Ian 3 years to be considered "our best blocker" by many people, imagine what Tremble can become. Honestly thought he'd get his shot at being a starter but with the Thomas signing all signs point opposite. If his hands become reliable I think he easily moves up the depth chart. Year 2: Look for improved numbers in every category with McAdoo as the coordinator. Just imagining Tremble helping Ickey and D Brown is wild entertaining for me. 

Chubba: With an improved line and another year under his belt, Chubba "could" show a lot of what made him a leading rusher a few seasons ago. I think his development will be the most obvious for some reason. Year 2: Hard to call with Christian back and Foreman taking a role. 

Nixon: Flashed last season will be improved this season. Still amazed we got him in the 5th round. At one point he was being called a potential first rounder. By his contract year I think he'll be a beast. Year 2: Solid rotational peice. **Gem**

KT: We already got our value and more from this pick. He really played over my expectations last year. He got burned a couple times but he also held his own as well. We've had a lot of cbs since Norman left but this is one of the guys we needs to continue to develop. If Wilks stays here for a few seasons I have no doubts he'll be a pivotal piece. Year 2: Builds onto last years success. **Gem**

Deonte Brown: One pressure, five hurries and a half-sack in his Alabama career...smdh. With what we fielded last season, he should have definitely seen more PT. If you took away the weight issues, I'd say he'd be nightmare next to Ikem, esp with Campen coaching him up. Year 2: Who knows ?? 

Smith: Might not be on team come week 1. 

Fletcher: Could have been an UDFA. 

Hoskins: He flashed a couple times too. I think he makes the roster but Year 2: Impact minimal. 

I love this class. Results remain to be seen. BUT it is entirely possible that from a skillset standpoint we picked up 4 future starters. And the number could go up to 5-6(overly optimistically speaking). But you cant deny the talent is there. Tbh your lucky for 2-3 starters in a draft. Throwing darts in the dark. 

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, Mistuh Jones said:

Horn - we all know he's gonna come back with that Mamba mentality 

TMJ - He flashed so well last pre-season. Let's see that poor man's Dez Bryant come out 

Tremble - It's time to shine with more than the blocks. Kid's got it, man 

Nixon - He's got tantalizing tools and was putting it together. If he's hungry, he's gonna make a splash 

These names are on my list. Most everyone  in here seems to want to see Marshall  take the next step. Nixon and Hoskins improvement  is also vital.