• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What 2nd year Player are you most excited about?

I mean the honest and easy answer is Horn

The second one that comes to mind is TMJ 

After that I'd be interested to see Tremble's growth, Nixon and to see if Deonte Brown is going to actually contribute 

Shoulda made a poll. Horn is all I'm interested in. Dude looks like he could be perennial pro bowler. I want to see it. Lots of promise from a number of other guys, but no where near the potential of Horn.

3 hours ago, Mistuh Jones said:

Horn - we all know he's gonna come back with that Mamba mentality 

TMJ - He flashed so well last pre-season. Let's see that poor man's Dez Bryant come out 

Tremble - It's time to shine with more than the blocks. Kid's got it, man 

Nixon - He's got tantalizing tools and was putting it together. If he's hungry, he's gonna make a splash 

These names are on my list. Most everyone  in here seems to want to see Marshall  take the next step. Nixon and Hoskins improvement  is also vital. 

All of them have potential.  Even the long snapper haha.  I feel like Horn will blow up and become one of the best corners in the league this year.  I'm worried for Marshall.  It's almost like he got put in a dog house by this staff.  So who knows if he will get a true chance to show his stuff.  He has to bet on himself and develop himself at this point.  All that said, I'm most excited to see if Keith Taylor can shoot up the roster and challenge for starting position opposite Horn.  Quite frankly, I tire of seeing Donte Jackson.  In my opinion, he has reached his peak, and it is underwhelming.

The obvious answer is Horn because he seems to be the one guy that might be the real deal.

After that probably guys like Hubbard, Nixon, Taylor and Hoskins to maybe solidify some depth spots on the roster and make our second unit a lot stronger.

TBH, not a lot of hope on Marshall, BC or Brown. Would be nice to be wrong but I didn't see much to work with.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, stbugs said:

Sometimes this place. Last year’s rookie snap counts:

Horn - would have played all year, Tremble 45%, BC 42%, Hubbard even with CMC starting 7 games 40%, Marshall even hurt and as WR3 37% and Taylor 41%.

So, in addition to Horn, we had 5 rookies who played between 37-45% of the snaps. How many teams have 6 rookies playing significant time?

2020 Rookies - Chinn 91%, Brown 70%, YGM 36%, Roy 40% and Pride 50%.

Rhule has no problem giving rookies significant minutes. 11 rookies in 2 years played a significant chunk of time even if they weren’t starters.

Maybe Deonte Brown just wasn’t close to ready or good enough to play. Rhule has had zero issues playing rookies, including day 3 guys.

Rhule played rookies that first year because he had to. Last year, he had a case of Rivera-itis and it was mainly due to injury why some rookies got so much time.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

Which would you have preferred? One of the linebackers or the TE?

Screenshot_20220511-172654_Chrome.jpg

We had two R2 trade downs, missed two promising IOLs and 2 OTs. Cosmi graded out super well before his year was cut short. Radunz, Carman, Eichenberg. Eich had a slow start but all played and are on good trajectories.

Overall, I liked our strategy but Marshall needs to perform. 

Edited by davos

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

Which would you have preferred? One of the linebackers or the TE?

Screenshot_20220511-172654_Chrome.jpg

How about Humphrey who was available at 59 instead of Marshall?Bunch of folks in here wanted him as our new C. He might be the best C in the league in another year. Iky, Moton and Humphrey to anchor the OL would have been sick. Throw in Trey Smith instead of the long snapper and you add Corbett this off-season and officially close the door on OL needs.

Edited by stbugs
  • Pie 1