• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Scott.... QB competition between Matt and Sam

Lurk21

17 hours ago, rippadonn said:

It later came out that it was Rhules simplistic offense. 

Rhule isn't a playcaller so it wasn't his offense. But he had yes man with little NFL experience. Now he has experienced coordinators who have there own system. Rhule wants to run the ball and be rugged and aggressive on the line and our new personnel reflect that. How we run and block as well as pass the ball with be the purview of McAdoo, Campen and Sean Ryan. I have hope for t&e future.

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Rhule isn't a playcaller so it wasn't his offense. But he had yes man with little NFL experience. Now he has experienced coordinators who have there own system. Rhule wants to run the ball and be rugged and aggressive on the line and our new personnel reflect that. How we run and block as well as pass the ball with be the purview of McAdoo, Campen and Sean Ryan. I have hope for t&e future.

From the report I remember it being his system.

Brady running his system. Only reason I remember that report,again, was it was a surprise to me.

• Beer 1

it was Rhule's offense in that it was run they way he wanted it run.

the problems were 1) he was coming from a world of checker games into a chess tournament full of grandmasters, 2) he left it in the hands of a guy with absolutely no experience running an offense at any level, and 3) a risk averse QB in year one and a QB scared of his own shadow in year two...both guys he chose out of the very limited scope of knowledge of NFL personnel he had. 

what could go wrong?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Didn't see this mentioned but Fitterer also reiterated that Cam's still on the table and they're in touch. "The more competition we have at that position the better."

“I think we’re still having thoughts,” Fitterer said. “We have to see how this works out here throughout the spring. I just happened to be up at the [Kentucky] Derby last weekend and Cam was up there. We’re texting a little bit. The lines of communication are open. I know Coach Rhule has spoken with him. We are going to have a discussion at some point but we’re just not quite there yet, but we’ll see how it goes. The more competition we have at that position the better.”

“I think that mindset is he’s always going to compete to start,” Fitterer said. “I mean that’s just the competitor that he is. The one thing I learned about him is how unselfish he is and what a team guy he is. I had this perception from the outside coming in here who I thought he was. He was one of the hardest workers on our team. He’s a leader. He took the young guys under his wing. They do look up to him naturally. He does have that presence, but he’s a team-first guy. He’s a competitor, but he’s a team-first guy so we have no problem bringing him in.”

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Didn't see this mentioned but Fitterer also reiterated that Cam's still on the table and they're in touch. "The more competition we have at that position the better."

Fitty understands, and even moreso after meeting/working with Cam.

The Panthers for many years was considered a classy organization. Cam exemplifies every bit off that.

We helped raise him right, Charlotte. Couldn't be more proud to see the goat kick their teeth in once more if he chooses.

16 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Bring him in. He's not what he used to be on the field, but we need him on those sidelines at the very least and at the most, he can really help Corral along. He's got a lot to offer in a lot of ways...so much more than sammy. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

CAM is who Matt Corral should be looking at if he's on the sideline and in the weight room in the QB room. Cam has something to teach about actual winning.

I think that Corral has a good bit of that in him anyways, the leadership traits...especially vocal. But Cam takes it all to a level I don't think I've ever seen before. If Corral can catch even a little bit of that, I think he could be good for us. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I think that Corral has a good bit of that in him anyways, the leadership traits...especially vocal. But Cam takes it all to a level I don't think I've ever seen before. If Corral can catch even a little bit of that, I think he could be great for us. 

Fify

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

I think that Corral has a good bit of that in him anyways, the leadership traits...especially vocal. But Cam takes it all to a level I don't think I've ever seen before. If Corral can catch even a little bit of that, I think he could be good for us. 

I understand people that don't want Corral to start as soon as possible, but he will be wasting valuable time sitting behind Darnold, watching him stink it up and killing the overall stadium vibes. If he sits behind Cam it's a whole different story

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, rippadonn said:

From the report I remember it being his system.

Brady running his system. Only reason I remember that report,again, was it was a surprise to me.

No. Brady wasn't good enough to run anything but his own system. When he tried to adapt it in year 2 to be more like Rhule wanted, it got him fired mid-season.  He was a college coach in over his head.

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

Bring him in. He's not what he used to be on the field, but we need him on those sidelines at the very least and at the most, he can really help Corral along. He's got a lot to offer in a lot of ways...so much more than sammy. 

Unless you're bringing him in to start - and we know that he's washed so that would be a mistake - then don't sign him.

He's simply a massive distraction - this fan base can't disassociate the player he is today with the player he was in 2015. 

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

No. Brady wasn't good enough to run anything but his own system. When he tried to adapt it in year 2 to be more like Rhule wanted, it got him fired mid-season.  He was a college coach in over his head.

Ok....just sharing what the news said at the time.

I believe Rhule was more involved than you do for sure.

In any case HC is responsible for all that suck.

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Ok....just sharing what the news said at the time.

I believe Rhule was more involved than you do for sure.

In any case HC is responsible for all that suck.

He said today in a press conference that he doesnt meddle in the gameplan and isnt interested in calling plays.  Here is the interview.