• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Scott.... QB competition between Matt and Sam

Lurk21

17 hours ago, Shocker said:

Florio is an ahole…just my opinion 

He may be but his radio show w/ Simms is head and shoulders above a lot of the NFL shows (especially those on NFL network tv) because it's coherent and detailed. The idiots on tv are almost impossible to watch. It's locker room grab ass fun time, which is ironic because they always have at least one completely clueless but partially chick on the show. 

2 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

I don't think it was that exactly. I think they didn't want other teams having film on the 4 plays that Sam could actually execute successfully. It did take the league 3 games after all for them to realize we kept running the same plays over and over again.

Yeah I don't think Sam's nosedive after Game 4 was because teams figured him out...I mean as everyone points out, he's the same dude with the same issues that he's always had even since college.  His/our offense's nosedive was because teams figured Joe Brady out.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, CRA said:

and for Rhule and Sam not to get boo'd out of BOA early.....you got to coddle Sam again.  Hide how bad he is. 

Can you elaborate on what this means?  99.9% of our fanbase hates Darnold + Rhule.  If we suck, they're getting boo'ed bottom line.  Not sure what you mean by coddle/hide how bad he is...we know what he is at this point.  Rhule knows he needs to win this year, and the way you do that is by playing the best QB.  I guarantee if Corral shows out in training camp/preseason and the team believes he gives us the best chance to win, then he'll start.  Simple as that.

• Pie 1

On 5/11/2022 at 6:18 PM, Lurk21 said:

Checked and didn't see any new thread.   According to this interview today with Florio, the 2 Qbs are on even ground. Interview is about 19 mins long. 

Missed this the first time, thanks I needed a panther fix!

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Yeah I don't think Sam's nosedive after Game 4 was because teams figured him out...I mean as everyone points out, he's the same dude with the same issues that he's always had even since college.  His/our offense's nosedive was because teams figured Joe Brady out.

It later came out that it was Rhules simplistic offense. 

On 5/11/2022 at 7:53 PM, kungfoodude said:

Yes but even if Corral is only marginally better....wouldn't you still rather see him?

I never accepted the "Oh he's young" argument for Darnold because his tape was so fuging bad. I can at least accept that for a rookie. At least even if he is highly mediocre to bad there is still some hope about improvement. Darnold had years of bad film. We know he is terrible and isn't going to improve enough to ever be a good NFL QB.

preach

7 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Rhule created the playbook and did the playcalling? Cause that’s what I’m talking about. Not some generic instruction like “run the ball a lot” or something.

Just heard it was Rhules offense, I don't know, maybe based of simple concepts trying to dumb things down.

If you remember the OC changed concept didn't.

46 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Rhule created the playbook and did the playcalling? Cause that’s what I’m talking about. Not some generic instruction like “run the ball a lot” or something.

I was surprised to hear it was Rhules offense in the news because I thought he was a defensive guy for some reason. 

59 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Just heard it was Rhules offense, I don't know, maybe based of simple concepts trying to dumb things down.

If you remember the OC changed concept didn't.

Our offense did change when Brady left. We basically became a “run every chance we get to his our QB offense.” As bad as Rhule is, he doesn’t create our offense and call the offensive plays, that’s what our OC is for. Our offense looked a lot better when Brady had Teddy. I really think we have to dumb down the play calling for Sam.