• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Scott.... QB competition between Matt and Sam

Lurk21

5 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Unless you're bringing him in to start - and we know that he's washed so that would be a mistake - then don't sign him.

He's simply a massive distraction - this fan base can't disassociate the player he is today with the player he was in 2015. 

Distraction for who? The fans? Screw 'em. Distraction for the team? No way. He plays whatever role he's needed for. If its a bridge, he'll be a bridge. If its as a mentor, he'll do that (its not like he's a fragile emo kid like Tannehill in TN). Fitt talked about him saying that he's a selfless leader, which could be a huge benefit for Corral. At the very least Cam would be a backup who would be great to have in the QB room, the lockerroom, in practice, and on the sidelines cheating everyone on and making everyone feel better about what they were doing. He spreads confidence, which is what this team needs.

Last year, it was too far gone. This year, you bring him in at the beginning and he could really do some good. Hardly anyone think she could be the guy he was in 2015, but he can still compete on the field and he can still contribute of it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, Call Me James said:

I'd rather cam be my backup than Sam or PJ.

Cam can also come in on certain plays like Hill for the Saints. Especially around the goal line. The only negative I could see is the locker room would get behind Cam quickly and that could make it hard for a rookie like Corral to win them over. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Call Me James said:

I'd rather cam be my backup than Sam or PJ.

Absolutely. There should be no question here.

If your QB breaks down, who gives you a better chance...sammy of Cam?

who do you want  more on the sidelines during the game? Sam or Cam?

Who will do a better job of getting players and fans charged up? Sam or Cam?

If Corral needs extra time and needs a bridge before he starts (which I don't think is the case) who do you want on that field and helping him grow into it? Sam or Cam?

In fact I'd rather have Cam than any other available options out there. Cam wasn't just the ultimate player and competitor, he was and is the ultimate teammate.

• Flames 1

37 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The only negative I could see is the locker room would get behind Cam quickly and that could make it hard for a rookie like Corral to win them over. 

True, but if and when Corral is ready, that will come too.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Absolutely. There should be no question here.

If your QB breaks down, who gives you a better chance...sammy of Cam?

who do you want  more on the sidelines during the game? Sam or Cam?

Who will do a better job of getting players and fans charged up? Sam or Cam?

If Corral needs extra time and needs a bridge before he starts (which I don't think is the case) who do you want on that field and helping him grow into it? Sam or Cam?

In fact I'd rather have Cam than any other available options out there. Cam wasn't just the ultimate player and competitor, he was and is the ultimate teammate.

The only thing that Corral will need to overcome at this level (all rookie qb's wiil eventually) if he's forced to start day one is winning over the vets. There's more to being a starting qb than knowing the playbook. 

If your starter doesn't have everyone behind him in battle then the battle is lost before they even line up.

Sam has lost any remaining support he may have had but that doesn't mean that you can throw anyone out there and the guys will follow them just because they are not named Sam Darnold.  That's not how it works. They rookie will have to earn that respect if he has in hope of making it in this league.  Respect is earned and not given, see Sam Darnold.

Training camp will decide if the kid can rally support for his chance as the leader of the Panthers. Being a better qb than Sam is not going to do that alone. 

• Pie 2

56 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The only thing that Corral will need to overcome at this level (all rookie qb's wiil eventually) if he's forced to start day one is winning over the vets

If he's got "it", it won't take long to do it. Within a couple games they'll see what they've got and they'll respond one way or the other. It's when he's tested they'll see if he needs coddled or if he's a fighter. 

Sammy fell on his face when he was tested. And then when given another chance he took the opportunity and fell on his face again. He needs everything to be ideal and struggles to face adversity. He needs coddled. He's not a fighter.

I don't think you can say that about Corral. What remains to be seen is if he's a pitbull or a dachshund.

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Unless you're bringing him in to start - and we know that he's washed so that would be a mistake - then don't sign him.

He's simply a massive distraction - this fan base can't disassociate the player he is today with the player he was in 2015. 

Yeah based on the fan engagement last year when Cam returned vs Sam's starts I think Tepper would invite such a "distraction."  

On 5/11/2022 at 5:27 PM, Shocker said:

Florio is an ahole…just my opinion 

Update: earlier I spoke about his bad Mac and cheese, here is something better.  

He took a picture of some steaks he cooked a few weeks ago, they looked horrible, and the Houston Chronicle wrote an article about how bad they looked and how not to cook a steak lol. Anyway, Florio is crying about that as well. It’s not like they insulted his mother. 

B94C2224-9855-4763-AF44-7A28AB91EFC3.jpeg

Edited by The Lobo
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

17 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Update: earlier I spoke about his bad Mac and cheese, here is something better.  

He took a picture of some steaks he cooked a few weeks ago, they looked horrible, and the Houston Chronicle wrote an article about how bad they looked and how not to cook a steak lol. Anyway, Florio is crying about that as well. It’s not like they insulted his mother. 

B94C2224-9855-4763-AF44-7A28AB91EFC3.jpeg

That dude is extremely sensitive!!! 

• Pie 2

Nice long breakdown of some Corral tape. I think I watched these guys break down Fields last year and I like their style, got some nice full field/22 angles and so far I can see Matt going through progressions required at the NFL level even though he had to create some out of thin air. He may have some seemingly weird incompletions but he's not gonna throw nearly as many softballs into coverage as Kenny Pickett looks like is coming for him 

• Pie 3

On 5/14/2022 at 8:50 AM, ForJimmy said:

Cam can also come in on certain plays like Hill for the Saints. Especially around the goal line. The only negative I could see is the locker room would get behind Cam quickly and that could make it hard for a rookie like Corral to win them over. 

On the inverse, if Cam buys in he could help Matt and the locker room gel.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

On the inverse, if Cam buys in he could help Matt and the locker room gel.

Some of this locker room talk is being oversold. There were too many moving parts for this team last year. Cam came in and the team had a brief peak then went right back to getting stomped and truth be told you could feel the tension from the defense in particular in media interviews. If Matt Corral is your QB of the future and he wins the job as he should you do not need to make this complicated. Newton has given zero indication he is interested in these fan driven scenarios and why should he? It is not his responsibility. This is Rhule's ship to get back on course he set all this in motion back in early 2020.