• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bills tried to trade for CMC?

NAS

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Considering that he pulled up lame last season instead of getting a contact injury, I agree with @kungfoodude, it's mileage more than contact at this point.

High mileage/usage in college and high mileage/usage in the NFL. It just kind of is what it is.

I know he is getting paid to handle the whole load at the position but I'd rather he get his touches reduced by 20-40% and be able to see him play in 17 games rather than be out 60+% of the year being banged up.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I hope D'onta is the one that sees the heavy interior running with this revamped offensive line. He's shown that he can be that guy when that man-child in Tennessee went down. And he really hasn't had nearly as much battle damage as CMC. Yes, I'd put him above Chuba right now. As others have said, I'd use CMC as more of a weapon (along with DJ) in this offense rather than a pure RB. 

D'onta - 15 to 20 carries from the backfield a game

CMC - 15 to 20 touches a game from the backfield and slot

Chuba - 5 to 10 touches a game

We haven't used him right since Rhule got here. We won't limit his usage and will lean on him back into IR again. I would take a 4th just to not hear 'with a healthy CMC' from these people ever again. After Cam I have zero acceptance of that kind of usage and disregard for reality. The entire 'he is a competitor and wants to play' thing just screams weak coaches. It was one of Ron's worst qualities and it's just par for the course with Rhule.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

I think this is a critical year for CMC.  He needs to prove that he can stay healthy and that can only be accomplished with a lighter load.  He'll need to accept that he doesn't have to carry the team.  

Having a better offensive line will hopefully mean he can be utilized more effectively and use Chuba for 30 - 40% of the carries, especially short yardage situations. 

Roughly 2500 touches dating back to Stanford. Now non contact injuries are taking a toll. It doesn't take Miss Cleo to see the writing on the wall. But with a rookie QB incoming I damn sure hope he can last the season this time.

14 hours ago, KSpan said:

As if Rhule would be willing to give up the hope of having CMC on the field...

Anti-Rhule bias aside, the OL improvements and QB choice would really make CMC deadly if he remains healthy. A huge if but, depending on the offer, he's a great player to have.

Yes, because CMC has never been healthy. 

fug the stupidity. 

13 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

Fitt just mentioned Dj Moore and CMC being used like Deebo. To me, when we had those 2 and Curtis doing those reverses and etc, we were real hard to defend. I recall plenty of times where the camera was confused where the ball was. If the RPO element is utilized and adding these aspects... the whole team benefits deeply. 

Shi Smith could also be excellent in this role if he makes it back to the team

• Pie 1