• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers eyeing Sean Payton post Rhule?

On 5/15/2022 at 1:39 AM, thunderraiden said:

Yeah that usually true but the team website went out of their way to confirm that Tepper called Sean Payton, they did not release the details or the nature of that call.

This call got me thinking about what actually was said.  

I want to think Tepper was asking Payton what he thought of Corral.  I wonder if his response was something like.  "I think he is going to be a good QB, he's got the tools that I would really like to coach"

Of course Tepper's eyes lite up and asked if he wanted to coach him.

(This is purely speculation as to how I think the convo went)

I think Corral is going to have a great rookie campaign if he gets on the field.  I am hoping that if Darnold bombs out in the first two games Corral gets a shot.

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Man, do we ever sound desperate as a franchise...

Who ever leaked the conversation thinks we are. 

Come on don't you think Payton would do well with Corral.  He knew Brees was his QB when he was in SD. 

I have never liked Payton but the man is a very good Head Coach.

From what I heard yesterday whoever would sign him would have to give up picks for him since he is still under contract until 2024.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Man, do we ever sound desperate as a franchise...

I think it's more directionless than desperate, honestly.

We've got an owner that doesn't know what he's doing, and might not yet have figured out that he doesn't know what he's doing.

As has been said many times, the best hope is that he hands the reins over to somebody that does.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

excited michigan football GIF by Michigan Athletics

Proven coach. Proven NFL coach. NFL pedigree. 14yr starter at QB. Quickly turned around a rag tag bunch of SF misfits into a Superbowl team in short order. Discipline. Toughness. Success.

His name is Jim Harbaugh.

Season 9 No GIF by The Office

• Pie 2

If we did hire Payton we would need to triple pad lock the room that holds the vicodans so that pill head stays sober. Of I remember correctly wasn't that ass hat caught trying to squeeze through an air duct Die Hard style into a pill room to steal a bunch of controlled substances? What a douche rocket and I hate him but damn that junkie can coach some football. Imagine how good he could be if he wasn't such a druggie.

Sean Payton Nfl GIF by New Orleans Saints

On 5/13/2022 at 9:20 AM, CRA said:

he pretty muched solved it overall. 

Fans overall were content to have him back and lose every game w/ him.   It was basically a real goodbye we never got to have.  Rhule even robbed us from that at the end.  

I seriously doubt this is true.  Fan apathy or anger was just as bad at season's end as it was before Cam arrived.  

• Beer 1

On 5/17/2022 at 5:22 PM, rippadonn said:

excited michigan football GIF by Michigan Athletics

Proven coach. Proven NFL coach. NFL pedigree. 14yr starter at QB. Quickly turned around a rag tag bunch of SF misfits into a Superbowl team in short order. Discipline. Toughness. Success.

His name is Jim Harbaugh.

Just an FYI. I was pooing Harbaugh, not you. He is a grade A douchenozzle.

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Just an FYI. I was pooing Harbaugh, not you. He is a grade A douchenozzle.

If he came here and did almost as good a job he did in SF he'd be in serious running for best Panthers coach.

Look at the man. He's in amazing shape for a guy his age. That is a physical manifestation of elite self discipline. Probably from being a pro in the 80's and 90's. Slobberknocker football.

He's good at getting guys to lock in and commit to the task at hand. If he was YOUR douchenozzle like Smitty, you'd love him too.

Harbaugh played QB in the late 80's early 90's, God bless those QBs from that era, some would say they've had some screws knocked loose.

I can see how his drive and passion and discipline might offend some folk. As a player like Ron Rivera he had a very long career at QB for the Bears. That's instant respect. You've been in the NFL, you know the grind. What it takes. How hard it is. Why you have to be locked in.