• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers to open 2022 season at home against Cleveland in Week 1

11 minutes ago, SouthernDawg said:

Maybe.  But if CMC is healthy, you could give the Browns fits.  And we all know Darnold is streaky. 

The Browns are terrible on Opening Day games and have never won at BofA Stadium.

Imo, the Browns have the better roster but the game could go either way. 

I hope you’re right.

I could see this being a low scoring affair, but will we be able to score in the red zone? With CMC back, that becomes easier.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

To me that’s more reason to want to replace Stefanski. fug the other 52 players, let’s just give baker what he wants and throw the ball a bunch. Who needs playoffs….

That team wasn’t making the Playoffs by the time they let Baker do his thing.

We lost to Oakland in Week 16, effectively knocking us out of the Postseason.

Then Baker threw 4 picks on Christmas Day vs GB and then sucked up the joint vs Pit on MNF.  

He didn’t play the last game(which the Browns won).

19 minutes ago, MrBubba said:

My first thought about Cleveland in week one was also involving Baker.  However apparently some Brown fans think the NFL is trying to hide them because of Watson.  

It makes sense, especially considering there’s a good possibility Watson isn’t suspended at all in 2022.

His civil suits have an agreed-upon dormant period from 8/1/22 until 3/1/23.

As long as Watson doesn’t settle or go to trial by 8/1, how could the League suspend him when he is maintaining his innocence?

That’s the big question.

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I feel good about this game, bc I think Kevin Stefanski is in over his head. He is also getting the Lebron James head coach treatment with that ridiculous contract the browns gave Watson. 

If Stefanski was coaching the Vikings instead of what's his face, he would still be coaching the Vikings. I'd argue Stefanksi is a top 10 coach in the league right now.

You would've said the same poo about Zac Taylor at this time last season as well and look where they are.

3 hours ago, poundaway said:

8-9 is a winning season?

I’m still getting use to that 17th game.  Throws me off.   

11-5 with playoffs and 8-9.

Based on what else we see in the league and mirror? He ain’t a coach to slam IMO. 

8 hours ago, SouthernDawg said:

That team wasn’t making the Playoffs by the time they let Baker do his thing.

We lost to Oakland in Week 16, effectively knocking us out of the Postseason.

Then Baker threw 4 picks on Christmas Day vs GB and then sucked up the joint vs Pit on MNF.  

He didn’t play the last game(which the Browns won).

You guys IR’d baker the day you were knocked out of playoff contention…. he didn’t play the last three games…. How big of a browns fan are you? Bc these are some big misses in your statements.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

If Stefanski was coaching the Vikings instead of what's his face, he would still be coaching the Vikings. I'd argue Stefanksi is a top 10 coach in the league right now.

You would've said the same poo about Zac Taylor at this time last season as well and look where they are.

Yeah, I did the say the same thing about Zac Taylor last year. I’ll admit that the bengals far exceeded what I expected. However, Stefanski is a poor decision maker on Sunday’s, and that’s what costs you your

job.  You’ll find more articles knocking Stefanski then supporting him. The guy took over a rebuilt browns team that has one of the strongest rosters in team history and yet has only gone 19-14 in his first two years. He didn’t have to go through a rebuild process, he was given a golden ticket. So far, he’s done nothing with it. If the browns don’t make the playoffs this year, he is gone.

Side note: i do think burrow makes Zac Taylor looked good. Not the other way around.

Edited by TheCasillas

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

You guys IR’d baker the day you were knocked out of playoff contention…. he didn’t play the last three games…. How big of a browns fan are you? Bc these are some big misses in your statements.

Umm What???

Mayfield was IR’d for the season finale only(after he announced on his own he would not play in Week 18).  

He most certainly started Weeks 16 & 17 last season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm

7 minutes ago, SouthernDawg said:

Umm What???

Mayfield was IR’d for the season finale only(after he announced on his own he would not play in Week 18).  

He most certainly started Weeks 16 & 17 last season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm

Baker did not play in 2 of the 4 final games. According to that site link he only played 14 games, I am not sure of what his 3rd missed game was. 

note: I was incorrect on the final 3 games statement above. Ill eat crow for that.

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/2022/05/13/browns-schedule-2022-nfl-season-storylines-deshaun-watson-texans-baker-mayfield-trade-panthers/9721414002/

Cleveland Browns 2022 schedule: Storylines for all 17 regular-season games

e190d671-7962-4b7c-94b3-fbcf7d8e65cc-202Nate Ulrich
Akron Beacon Journal

Playing the NFL schedule game in May is always a risky business because injuries are guaranteed.

And predicting the Browns' record for the 2022 season will be even trickier than usual until there is clarity about the availability of quarterback Deshaun Watson.

Still, Thursday night's schedule release revealed a logical path to a hot start for the Browns, with or without Watson, the latter scenario placing Jacoby Brissett at the controls.

Then again, no one really knows anything, especially with the Browns. They had Super Bowl expectations entering last season and went 8-9 with a third-place finish in the AFC North.

Edited by KatsAzz