• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bold prediction

Zod

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No clue but I feel like I saw that word in here before, maybe around week 2-4 last year.

I mean, I know with our 5-36 record to finish up the last 4 years, I can’t imagine we’ve talked about that word much after mid-season or heck quarter season now.

ETA: Man, it really does hurt to see 5-36 to finish the last 4 years. It’s almost comical and unbelievable, but unfortunately true.

5-36.  Sweet mercy. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's fired both a head coach and a GM midseason already though.

Exactly and got criticized for it.  I think the new Tepper is trying to show restraint to act less impulsively.  I truly think he will want to make sure Rhule gets the full 3 years.  

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

they spend all offseason coming up with a plan and it works....for a few games, and then everyone adapts to what we do and we sit there the rest of the season trying to figure out what happened and unable to adjust to everyone else's adjusting. This happens on both sides of the ball.

Hopefully this changes on offense with MacAdoo, but I have very little reason to think Snow figures it out unless he relies heavily on Wilks and some of the other experienced coaches on defense for guidance. 

That is exactly why we made the changes in coordinators and brought in Wilks. It wasn't Rhules fault our team was so easy to figure out, it was the coordinators with little or no NFL experience. It was Rhules ego and naivete  to think his college coaches could compete with seasoned NFL coaches. Snow ran cover 3 in 2020 and lots of man press in 2021.  Wilks will run a largely nickel defense with a mix of zone and man and hopefully provide more structure and scheming on the back side.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, NAS said:

Exactly and got criticized for it.  I think the new Tepper is trying to show restraint to act less impulsively.  I truly think he will want to make sure Rhule gets the full 3 years.  

He technically showed restraint with Hurney.

But this is the problem: There are times to show restraint and times not to.

Tepper doesn't know the difference.

they spend all offseason coming up with a plan and it works....for a few games, and then everyone adapts to what we do and we sit there the rest of the season trying to figure out what happened and unable to adjust to everyone else's adjusting. This happens on both sides of the ball.

That's a pretty accurate description of...a college coaching approach.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I hate saying it, but we're going to drop our first three and talk of Tepper being on the hotseat will be real. I don't think he'll see game five from our sidelines.

Edit: Nah, even I can't go with this. I think we'll come out of the gates roaring with CMC and a newly invigorated offense led by Corral from game one. We'll win the first two (I don't think Watson will play) and then our defense will let us down. Offense will keep us in the games, but our defense just doesn't make a stand. Tepper looks for a new coach by week eight.

Edited by Khyber53

Hopefully this changes on offense with MacAdoo, but I have very little reason to think Snow figures it out unless he relies heavily on Wilks and some of the other experienced coaches on defense for guidance. 

It's Mike Shula all over again except worse. Just zero ability to make adjustments.