• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bold prediction

Zod

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Tepper has recently made statements about how long the rebuild will take, and that means to me that he is sticking with Rhule until at least the end of his contract.

The Panthers are probably on track for 7 wins this season imo.

That about double the amount of wins that the sports books have us at right now.

47 minutes ago, poundaway said:

You're right, and still he had 3 winning seasons out of 9.  He has yet to have a winning season with the commies.

If Rhule has 3 winning seasons out of 9, are you going to call him "very solid"?

Ron and Fox are what they are.  And what tier they are in is determined by comparing them vs their peers.   

so if you look at NFL coaches over the last 30 years?  Ron and Fox were good. It’s not easy to do better.  Everyone wants better.  It’s easy to do worse and most coaches over the last 30 years are worse than Fox/Ron. 

Ron finished with a winning record.  A winning postseason record.  3 division titles.  1 conference title.  That’s a good run.   Fox had a good run.  Those windows came and went. 

Rhule isn’t them.  He didn’t to come in as one of those type coaches.  His teams don’t look like there’s did.   His teams get worse as the season goes on.  That’s not what Fox and Ron teams were about.  They finished strong.  Grew and got better even in a losing effort.  Rhule teams basically look how Fox/Ron’s teams looked at the end.  When we all knew we were at the end.  

6 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Tepper has recently made statements about how long the rebuild will take, and that means to me that he is sticking with Rhule until at least the end of his contract.

The Panthers are probably on track for 7 wins this season imo.

Tepper said Sam was a very good QB.   Repeatedly.

that’s basically how I view his Rhule talk.   He is stuck with Rhule for one more year.  Clearly has little confidence in him based on reporting of his embarrassment….and the fact he clearly stripped Rhule of power.  It’s a lame duck year.   GM built a staff to deal with the upcoming in season firing too.  Even planned ahead for if Snow follows him out of loyalty. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

Tepper said Sam was a very good QB.   Repeatedly.

that’s basically how I view his Rhule talk.   He is stuck with Rhule for one more year.  Clearly has little confidence in him based on reporting of his embarrassment….and the fact he clearly stripped Rhule of power.  It’s a lame duck year.   GM built a staff to deal with the upcoming in season firing too.  Even planned ahead for if Snow follows him out of loyalty. 

True. No matter how they sugarcoat it in pressers, the team is set up to let Rhule go at any moment. At this point all he does is make bad starting lineup decisions and waste time outs. Pretty sure Wilks/McAdoo/Tabor are instant upgrades with actual in game decision making

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

We have a pretty difficult schedule, but I still can't bring myself to be so negative this time of year. Some of you act like we haven't made any moves to improve at all. I am genuinely glad that I don't see what you see, because if I did, I just would skip football or start rooting for another franchise. Keep pounding and eventually the door will open. I'm looking forward to at least cracking it in 2022 with actual competitive play and nothing less than an eight win season. 

This…

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Yeah, that's why he kept him despite the pressure to fire.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jdeytulnuoew9un48x

I mean the embarrassment was not just over Rhule…but the contract as well.   Firing Rhule in year 3 makes Tepper look better.  Especially as you seek to woo someone new to come here.  

*and again, the reporting is Tepper and company are looking around at who they will be interested in wooing.  Tepper had to address that today I believe. 

Rhule knows he is a dead man walking this year.  Just go watch those draft pressers where he finally was allowed out of the basement.  

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean the embarrassment was not just over Rhule…but the contract as well.   Firing Rhule in year 3 makes Tepper look better.  Especially as you seek to woo someone new to come here.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tc0g6imct03txm2m0v

Ok so now Tepper kept Rhule to avoid embarrassment.  🤣

Edited by poundaway

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-david-tepper-unhappy-embarrassed-162437347.html

yeah, just referencing legit reporters who cover all this isn’t tinfoil hat territory

*also, NFL guys have also reported Matt Rhule isn’t going to be sad to leave either when the day gets here.  

Nowhere in that report does it say he kept Matt Rhule to avoid embarrassment.  That's your tin hat obscuring your vision.  From YOUR link:

Terms like “unhappy” and “embarrassed” don’t exactly amount to a guarantee that Rhule will be retained for a third season. Another adjective applies to Tepper — brilliant.

Edited by poundaway

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-david-tepper-unhappy-embarrassed-162437347.html

yeah, just referencing legit reporters who cover all this isn’t tinfoil hat territory

*also, NFL guys have also reported Matt Rhule isn’t going to be sad to leave either when the day gets here.  

More wisdom from your link:

Firing Brady wiped out perhaps the most viable in-house option to serve as the interim head coach.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

OMG that's funny.  Your source is awesome.