• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints signing WR Jarvis Landry

2 hours ago, bada bing! said:

At least the Saints are putting all that empty cap space to use after missing on Watson. The Panthers just sitting on their millions. Are we trying to handicap ourselves going into the season?

I would be very surprised if there is not a very strong order from Tepper not to spend that cap. I'll be hard enough as it is to get a decent new head coach once Rhule is gone, but with lots of cap and a promise of a last say over the roster at least you can make a case.

3 hours ago, Thorrez said:

I would be very surprised if there is not a very strong order from Tepper not to spend that cap. I'll be hard enough as it is to get a decent new head coach once Rhule is gone, but with lots of cap and a promise of a last say over the roster at least you can make a case.

Didn't Tepper already come out and say just a few weeks ago that Thule is safe this season plus next season and maybe the season after. I don't think Tepper has one single intention of firing our idiot coach anytime soon so I don't think it is about attracting a coach here having cap.

6 hours ago, bada bing! said:

At least the Saints are putting all that empty cap space to use after missing on Watson. The Panthers just sitting on their millions. Are we trying to handicap ourselves going into the season?

No need to get nervous. We already have a mediocre, unreliable wide receiver on the roster.   This box is checked.  

48 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Didn't Tepper already come out and say just a few weeks ago that Thule is safe this season plus next season and maybe the season after. I don't think Tepper has one single intention of firing our idiot coach anytime soon so I don't think it is about attracting a coach here having cap.

He said it takes 5 years to build a winner, maybe 6. This is just a sad attempt at managing expectations after his flop with Rhule but IMO doesn't necessarily mean Rhule himself is guaranteed to get that long.

• Beer 1

47 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

He is gaming us. If we start to win this statement makes all the sense. "It was just a matter of time"

If we suck, Rhule is gone and we will get the "You always want to believe but what my business taught me is that sometimes you got to be willing to take a loss and move on".

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, stbugs said:

It’s a waste to just spend cap space you can rollover. We wasted $100M plus and a bunch of draft picks trying to compete the last two years and got 5 wins a year. Maybe the dolts finally realized we need to develop a team and day 2 picks are important and an OL is important and wasting money on mediocre vets doesn’t work.

Signing a couple decent OL (instead of shitty ones) made sense. Splurging on Mathieu and Landry does not.

This is the right path.  If Corral isn’t the answer they can take another swing at qb next year.  Build the core and we will get there.