• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A really good video on Matt Corral

Verge

3 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

If he can handle the mental stuff we got a steal. There have been a lot of QBs who come into the league with elite physical traits, powerful arms, grit, toughness, etc. who fail. There’s a reason he was available at the end of the 3rd and I don’t think it was because he enjoyed drinking and got into a fight with a kid at a prep school. I think the only Super Bowl winning QB to score under a 20 on the wonderlic was Terry Bradshaw, and there’s just no way Terry could play in today’s game with his mental capacity. I hope Corral is the exception, just trying to temper my expectations.

Correlation not causation.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

That's just silly. People feel optimistic about it. Literally no one is even saying anything remotely to the effect that he'll even be a pro bowler. Just that he's got traits that could help him be a good starter and could be someone special. Only ones exaggerating or going over the top is you and @mrcompletely11 in the way you are talking about people's optimism and hopes.

Everyone else is being pretty rational and measured in their hopes for the guy. 

The guy I responded to said he was a franchise saver.   That’s a bit more then saying he is a pro bowler

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The guy I responded to said he was a franchise saver.   That’s a bit more then saying he is a pro bowler

You're making it sound like the majority of people are saying that kind of thing and you are one of the few voices of reason feeling it necessary to tell people to tap the brakes. 

1) I doubt he seriously feels like that and 2) if he does, does that harm you? What's the big fugging deal if some or even a lot of people are excited about the prospect of a potential franchise QB drafted in the 3rd round? I mean is that a bad thing? Optimism? Hopefulness? How fugging long had it been since we had someone to possibly look forward to around this joint? Is he a franchise savior? Probably not, but he could be. So why not get a little excited?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

You're making it sound like the majority of people are saying that kind of thing and you are one of the few voices of reason feeling it necessary to tell people to tap the brakes. 

1) I doubt he seriously feels like that and 2) if he does, does that harm you? What's the big fugging deal if some or even a lot of people are excited about the prospect of a potential franchise QB drafted in the 3rd round? I mean is that a bad thing? Optimism? Hopefulness? How fugging long had it been since we had someone to possibly look forward to around this joint? Is he a franchise savior? Probably not, but he could be. So why not get a little excited?

I am excited but I am also realistic.   

that said I am pulling for the kid.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 hours ago, The Huddler said:

@Verge

i missed what you said in the past.  Where did corral rank for you and what was your reaction to getting him in the 3rd?

I had a fringe first round grade on him and placed him as my QB2 in the draft, behind Malik Willis. I was ecstatic we got him in the third.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

I saw this several weeks ago and really liked it. I am excited/hopeful about MC. But the video says Corral was the #1 QB on the Panthers' board. Has anyone from the Panthers said that? If they did, I missed it. Rhule made a comment about not wanting to disclose the rankings in one of the PCs. 

1 hour ago, Wolfcop said:

I saw this several weeks ago and really liked it. I am excited/hopeful about MC. But the video says Corral was the #1 QB on the Panthers' board. Has anyone from the Panthers said that? If they did, I missed it. Rhule made a comment about not wanting to disclose the rankings in one of the PCs. 

I hear a lot of people saying that too but I also don't recall hearing Fitts or Rhule say that exactly. I remember them saying something like he was their target and were looking to move up for him at the end of the 2nd but decided to wait. I'm not sure who they were thinking of trading with so I don't know which pick it was but I think the next QB taken was Ridder in the 3rd.

So, that would mean they had him higher than everyone except Pickett for sure. How they compared him to Pickett I don't know. Fitts said they had 2 QBs they would consider at 6 but in which order I have no idea. They also said there was a disagreement over the QBs so most likely they were split on Corral and Pickett at 1 and 2. 

• Pie 1