• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Rhule really think he has 5 years?

NAS

12 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Was he right, be honest......

What type of contract did Cam get and how long did he wait. League spoke very clear about Cam. 

Well, I continue to maintain Rhule botched the rebuild twice.  Correct move was to let Cam play out that last year and draft a kid.  Once he botched that the correct move was to let Teddy play 2 years and draft a kid in his second season.  He botched that.  

and then when it all blew up on Rhule they brought Cam back to save Rhule’s job.  Which Cam did.  That tiny bit of hope.   Cam stopped the boos.   And Rhule wouldn’t of stayed employed if BoA was booing him out of the stadium for the majority of the season.   Which was the path we were going down pre sudden Cam add. 

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, I continue to maintain Rhule botched the rebuild twice.  Correct move was to let Cam play out that last year and draft a kid.  Once he botched that the correct move was to let Teddy play 2 years and draft a kid in his second season.  He botched that.  

I agree with that and have posted it many times- should have let Cam play it out. Balls out = tag. Sucks = thanks for your time here Cam

CRA was his shoulder shot or no?, other teams didnt even brother to call/email him. Took like two full months before bill called with a low ball offer, RR didnt even want him.....think about it..

Facts are he was not worth the 19 million given the type of cap the panthers were in, (4th time) 50+million in dead cap. The right move was to cut him. Rhule is not perfect nor do I expect that, he has completely fuged up at QB decisions. I do not defend wrong. Cam has not been healthy since the beginning of the year in 2017 at best. Is it smart to tie up huge money in a player that can never stay healthy?

Can not get anyone to answer questions, Scot included. 

Edited by Basbear

6 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Can you resign players if they want 10 million and you are in red with 50 in dead cap?

You're wasting your time.

In @CRA's mind

Olson 2011=Olsen 2020
Cam 2011=Cam 2020

There's no reasoning with him.  He just can't jive it with his sheer hatred for Rhule.

For me its easy.  Rhule can still suck.  He doesn't have to start in as good a place as RR did.  For CRA it is just another hill to die on like his insistence that Brady was "super talented".

Poor RR and his #1 draft pick, Steve Smith, Jordan Gross, Deanglo Williams, Johnathan Stewart, Davis, Hardy, Johnson....

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Can you resign players if they want 10 million and you are in red with 50 in dead cap?

Rhule went out a spend a lot of money on Teddy, Robby, Paradis, Okung.   In fact they were the 4 biggest cap hits that year.   And If those are your 4 biggest cap hits you might be bringing in the wrong players and for the wrong dollar amount. 

Just now, poundaway said:

In @CRA's mind

Olson 2011=Olsen 2020
Cam 2011=Cam 2020

There's no reasoning with him.  He just can't jive it with his sheer hatred for Rhule.

For me its easy.  Rhule can still suck.  He doesn't have to start in as good a place as RR did.  For CRA it is just another hill to die on like his insistence that Brady was "super talented".

Poor RR and his #1 draft pick, Steve Smith, Jordan Gross, Deanglo Williams, Johnathan Stewart, Davis, Hardy, Johnson....

You are very wise, my friend.

I can see you are another truth seeker. So rare these days, dont never change!

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I agree with that and have posted it many times- should have let Cam play it out. Balls out = tag. Sucks = thanks for your time here Cam

CRA was his shoulder shot or no?, other teams didnt even brother to call/email him. Took like two full months before bill called with a low ball offer, RR didnt even want him.....think about it..

Facts are he was not worth the 19 million given the type of cap the panthers were in, (4th time) 50+million in dead cap. The right move was to cut him. Rhule is not perfect nor do I expect that, he has completely fuged up at QB decisions. I do not defend wrong. Cam has not been healthy since the beginning of the year in 2017 at best. Is it smart to tie up huge money in a player that can never stay healthy?

Can not get anyone to answer questions, Scot included. 

I have never said that we should of done anything but let Cam play out that last year.   The Cam/Ron era was essentially over.   But it setup perfectly to end it and transition.  Rhule botched it. 

then botched it again with Teddy.  Should of drafted a kid and let them come in at some point in year 2 of Teddy. 

*Rhule has done nothing but shoot himself in the foot.  That’s on him.  He clearly isn’t a team builder in the NFL. 

I was about Cam coming back but only as a farewell tour. Wasn’t lobbying for it as it was out of nowhere.  Rhule robbed fans of a legit goodbye the first time so I was excited for the return. But Rhule pretty much robbed us twice of a proper Cam send off.   

• Poo 1

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rhule went out a spend a lot of money on Teddy, Robby, Paradis, Okung.   In fact they were the 4 biggest cap hits that year.   And If those are your 4 biggest cap hits you might be bringing in the wrong players and for the wrong dollar amount. 

He did spend cap on Teddy, his first year was awful low tho, like 8 million I think. That was due to coofus and Joe Brady being in his ears. You do know Teddy could not throw with WRs until like few weeks before the start of the season(scot doesnt care tho...). Cam wasnt a good fit. The group thought Teddy could be guy and ran that offensive before, all wrong. 

Okung was a mistake, should have just cut Tri Turner @stbugs can back me on this as both of us thought that at the time and were vocal. 

Paradis, I thought it was legit and he only had one good year out of three. Wrong for me. Someone had to replace the ring of honor Ryan Kalil. 

Robby balled out that year and until like week 6 was the #1 fantasy WR. He doesnt play well with Sam.....

Edited by Basbear

23 minutes ago, poundaway said:

In @CRA's mind

Olson 2011=Olsen 2020
Cam 2011=Cam 2020

Your keep projecting nonsense in order to argue against the narrative you throw against the wall.  It’s not my first rodeo. 

10 minutes ago, Basbear said:

He did spend cap on Teddy, his first year was awful low tho, like 8 million I think. That was due to coofus and Joe Brady being in his ears. You do know Teddy could not throw with WRs until like few weeks before the start of the season(scot doesnt care tho...). Cam wasnt a good fit. The group thought Teddy could be guy and ran that offensive before, all wrong. 

Okung was a mistake, should have just cut Tri Turner @stbugs can back me on this as both of us thought that at the time and were vocal. 

Paradis, I thought it was legit and he only had one good year out of three. Wrong for me. Someone had to replace the ring of honor Ryan Kalil. 

Robby balled out that year and until like week 6 was the #1 fantasy WR. He doesnt play well with Sam.....

Well, he did spend money.  It’s was just on the wrong guys and/or for the wrong price. 

top 4 biggest cap hits were to those 4 he brought in. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cap/2020/

and I didn’t have a major problem with Teddy once they cut Cam.  I still think that was the obvious path.  Play out his final year and start a new kid. We overpaid Teddy, sure.  Pending you were actually going to use him as it set up for it at least made sense. He gets a base O up and running quick and the drafted kid takes over the following year.  But it made sense.  It’s rebuilding, not about winning there.  But again, Rhule botched it all and just made a mess.  He doesn’t seem to know what he wants to do and has never seemed to have a real vision or plan on how to build or go forward.   Every year is some desperate move for some QB that really fits on a team that is only a QB away.  Which is what we are nor has ever fit what Tepper claims we are doing. 

You folks are just going to have to accept the fact that Rhule got a mulligan for season 1. The clock started ticking last season. 

Season one went according to the process. Season 2 is upon us and this is where the team is supposed follow that same trajectory...according to the process. 

So we should expect a 10 win season?  Discuss. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Well, he did spend money.  It’s was just on the wrong guys and/or for the wrong price. 

top 4 biggest cap hits were to those 4 he brought in. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cap/2020/

Teddy at 13.9 as the highest one, that had to one of the lowest in the league.

FYI please look at the dead cap on that page upper right.. Just about all of that was due to Hernaiy and RR.

Rhule should have gone full rebuild, he did make some big mistakes especially at QB. But Smarty Marty having one of his rules "never to rebuild" did not help Rhule with these "GO FOR IT" type of moves. 

Said my piece on Okung, anderson, and 2dice. 

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You folks are just going to have to accept the fact that Rhule got a mulligan for season 1. The clock started ticking last season. 

Season one went according to the process. Season 2 is upon us and this is where the team is supposed follow that same trajectory...according to the process. 

So we should expect a 10 win season?  Discuss. 

I thought he had the first year in year 2, if you understand...... I went to the ABC store given I thought it was going to a looooonnnngg season in 2020, found out you need to sign paperwork if you buy over 4 half gallons........yea thats what I thought. Also found out they have a cart....

I was shocked the panthers were in all but 2.5 games, 8 loses of one scores or less. I didnt want Rhule and thought he did great cause I had them as 2-14 3-13 at best. Remember the NFL got another Brady that year and Bressus was still try harding.

This past year, after 3-0 start.....really felt like the panthers end as the worst team (no matter the records). Rough and I did not enjoy it, unlike the year before.

10 wins.....I doubt that. Right now I got them at 8-9. Need that 2021 draft to grow up fast, Derrick Brown needs to command a double-team, Mccadoo to work his QB magic on all the QBs, CMC full healthy the whole season, and soooo much luck.....

18 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Teddy at 13.9 as the highest one, that had to one of the lowest in the league.

FYI please look at the dead cap on that page upper right.. Just about all of that was due to Hernaiy and RR.

Rhule should have gone full rebuild, he did make some big mistakes especially at QB. But Smarty Marty having one of his rules "never to rebuild" did not help Rhule with these "GO FOR IT" type of moves. 

Said my piece on Okung, anderson, and 2dice. 

Teddy had the 18th biggest cap hit among QBs. 

I realize the dead money was bad.  But that doesn’t mean Rhule wasn’t out there making his own mess.

We were promised a rebuild.  Rhule could of gone that path.  He opted not too.  Or he just doesn’t know what he is doing.  I don’t care about winning if we are rebuilding.   He just seems to be wasting our time at this point though.    5 win seasons aren’t all created equal.  Depends what has gone into it. 

I mean his first major decision here was to have CMC be the highest paid RB in the NFL.  That’s not how you rebuild.  Nor is his mismanagement of the QB spot.  Rentals like Reddick.  Gilmore. Rhule isn’t rebuilding squat.  His actions have always countered whatever Tepper was selling us IMO.   Losing is fine if their is vision.  Rhule ain’t got it.

• Pie 2