• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Rhule really think he has 5 years?

NAS

4 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Below is Joe Brady's life as OC summed up in a GIF. 

Dumb baby GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Well, Joe Brady certainly wasn’t good enough to deal with Matt Rhule going the Sam Darnold route.  That is for sure.  I’m sure Sam Darnold had nothing to do with Brady going from a relatively promising first year to a trainwreck. 

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Sure, sling and spin that poo.

He didn't know what he was doing and he and Mr. Money thought he did and gave him control of a roster and a team that he never should have had.

Instead of improving the team, he put it in a deeper hole.  It seems he's finally had control taken away from him, control someone with no knowledge of the league should have had.

He was supposed to turn the team around, instead he turned it from one clusterf*ck into a bigger one.

A better, more pro experienced coach would have made the team better and had them with a winning record within a couple years.

Roughest start to any NFL HC, just a FACT.  Again name one coach that had a rougher start, pick any year any time in the NFL.....Just like Scot, you can not and now youre more of Rhule Hater than panther fan. 

Your hate has blinded you, but quick question that youre going to call poop(weird cope to not answer, but its Scots way too)- How did Rhule first meet with the team? 

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, Joe Brady certainly wasn’t good enough to deal with Matt Rhule going the Sam Darnold route.  That is for sure.  I’m sure Sam Darnold had nothing to do with Brady going from a relatively promising first year to a trainwreck. 

TBF Brady was kind of thrown in the fire, but IMO he was in over his head anyway. He would have to overcome a lot to succeed. It was not the right job for him. He would been better off as a position coach on offense or something similar. That said he was really bad as Panther's OC. 

Edited by Michael G

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Roughest start to any NFL HC, just a FACT.  Again name one coach that had a rougher start, pick any year any time in the NFL.....Just like Scot, you can not and now youre more of Rhule Hater than panther fan. 

Your hate has blinded you, but quick question that youre going to call poop(weird cope to not answer, but its Scots way too)- How did Rhule first meet with the team? 

I'm not willing to put extra effort into arguing over something that's so blatantly stupid. Kinda doubt Rayzor is either.

You can declare yourself the winner if you want to, but given that you'll be basing your "win" on something that anybody with half a brain should be able to see is ridiculously idiotic, I'm not gonna be especially concerned about that 😆

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not willing to put extra effort into arguing over something that's so blatantly stupid. Kinda doubt Rayzor is either.

You can declare yourself the winner if you want to, but given that you'll be basing your "win" on something that anybody with half a brain should be able to see is ridiculously idiotic, I'm not gonna be especially concerned about that 😆

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Michael G said:

TBF Brady was kind of thrown in the fire, but IMO he was in over his head anyway. He would have to overcome a lot to succeed. It was not the right job for him. He would been better off as a position coach on offense or something similar. That said he was really bad as Panther's OC. 

No doubt he was always in over his head.  Anyone would be whose who first gig was NFL OC.  

2020 was actually pretty good.  They overachieved on offense.  Moved the ball well all year.  We were in every game thanks to that.   Just some situational stuff.  The hard parts.  Which was normal and to be expected.  The league was impressed with his year 1.  Really needed Teddy to be more aggressive on throws that were there. 

then came the worst QB in the NFL to town.  Ball game.  Joe Brady wasn’t close to being good enough to deal with that.  He was in his infancy and a great and experienced OC would look bad with Sam.   Of course Brady looked bad.  

21 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Roughest start to any NFL HC, just a FACT.  Again name one coach that had a rougher start, pick any year any time in the NFL.....

Can you list the non-subjective markers that you believe make Rhule owner of the most difficult coaching job anyone has ever faced? 

I mean, I get Covid existed.  And every coach from HS, to college to the NFL were all tasked to navigate that with no blueprint. 

• Poo 1

42 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Lol it was the roughest start because because he didn't know what he was doing coming in and the result was consistent win seasons and the only one who is blind is the one who is defending him...blindly.

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

This is honestly one of the worst takes I've ever seen on this board, and there have been some doozies over the years.

Playing pretend for a moment, even if it was somehow the worst circumstances eVeRrrrrrr, it might've been easier to navigate if he had some actual coaches with NFL experience to support under such hardship... instead, Rhule brought in his college lackeys and proceeded to fall flat on his face. That is not one's fault but his and Tepper's arrogant selves.

Rhule gets zero benefit of any doubt at this point. Dude is a straight up college-poser hack until his team produces consistently, and even if it happens now it will be impossible to know how much is him improving and how much is the NFL coaching he finally brought on board. As a hint though, he's done jack crap without it, so improvement with it makes one wonder what Rhule himself actually brings to the table.

Edited by KSpan

58 minutes ago, poundaway said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vlehdq5lknx2cuvht0

Only if the logic went over your head...

See, what Tampa and Kansas City had that we don't was established offensive coaches who could have helped Brady learn how to be an NFL OC.

Matt Rhule certainly wasn't (and isn't) qualified to teach anybody how to be an NFL anything.

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Only if the logic went over your head...

See, what Tampa and Kansas City had that we don't was established offensive coaches who could have helped Brady learn how to be an NFL OC.

Matt Rhule certainly wasn't (and isn't) qualified to teach anybody how to be an NFL anything.

Not just HC’s that were OCs/playcallers but elite QBs in addition that are heavily involved in playcalling.   Which means they don’t even need an OC if push comes to shove.   That’s the type scenario where a young OC can flourish.  Learn. 

I even gave him an example Byron Leftwich.  Who won a Super Bowl in his second season as being an OC.   Byron isn’t actually great yet.  Just in a great spot to grow and flourish. 

it never made sense for Rhule to hire Joe Brady.  Rhule created something a small child could understand wouldn’t work.  Green OC + Sam Darnold + no one staff that had a clue 

Matt Rhule got poundaway so scrambled he can’t even grasp basics at this point.  He has to turn everything into a weird Rhule defense where he breaks his back. Maybe Brady fails everywhere he goes or maybe he doesn’t.   But Rhule created an situation where it was going to fail.  And Matt Rhule is still here.