• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corall QB Mentor

shaq

2 hours ago, Martin said:

I would like to see another QB that is there to be a 100% mentor and backup, and not compete with Corral. A Josh McCown type. Cam would most likely be the starter if he comes in, he’s too good to just be a mentor. The reason is that I want to see Corral play, and play a lot this year so we know what we have before next years draft.

I still like the idea of Foles. He’s used to that role.

Corral needs competition. It will help him win the team over. Going against Cam would be good for him rather than just being handed the gig. Who better to win the job against than a legend?

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Corral needs competition. It will help him win the team over. Going against Cam would be good for him rather than just being handed the gig. Who better to win the job against than a legend?

Dance Nfl GIF by The Undroppables

30 minutes ago, RJK said:

I don’t see it. All the things cam struggles at are what rookie QBs need to work on. Footwork, accuracy, reading defenses…none of those are strengths in cams game. 

One of Cams most underrated traits was his ability to make presnap reads. Coach’s throughout his career gave him the power to be the general of the offense for a reason.

• Beer 3

7 minutes ago, shaq said:

One of Cams most underrated traits was his ability to make presnap reads. Coach’s throughout his career gave him the power to be the general of the offense for a reason.

Folks want Cam to be dumb so bad. It fits into how they feel. With his diagnosis, there are no redeeming qualities to Cam as a QB at all, and we all know that isn’t the case. You had Olsen and others comment how Cam did this and that with the offense, yet some folks still can’t get past their feelings and thoughts. 

I don’t really want Cam back, but there is no reason to trash him. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Smithers said:

Seems like the Team agrees - ball is in Cams court.  Cam is holding out for a starting gig, which isn’t going to come.  My guess is he signs a 1 year deal here in July/August

Nah I think his hesitation is Rhule. I believe Cam's totally down to earn the spot if given a fair chance at it. He thought he was getting that last year but Rhule pulled that "Dual QB" crap to try and redeem Sam.

Lot of us have speculated that Cam was forced on Rhule by Tepper to re-engage the fans and that's the best explanation we have for that nonsense. Rhule doesn't want to see him flourish because it would just prove that every QB decision he's made here has been wrong. 

My hope is that his seat is so hot now that he'll swallow that pride and just do whatever it takes win. Having Cam on the roster only helps the team.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, stbugs said:

The bolded is why Cam is a bad idea. We don’t need him taking reps. We know Sam is only here because we were dumb enough to do the 5th year. He can keep the seat warm if Corral shows out or he can lead us to a top QB in 2023 if Corral doesn’t look good. We can focus on Corral being the guy rather than having Cam try to parlay this year into a starting position elsewhere.

Also, Cam looked awful in the last 4 games. That’s why Sam was put back in. If Cam flourished Rhule would have ridden the wave. It’s unreal that people think that if Cam was actually the answer that Rhule wouldn’t have wanted that. I don’t think much of Rhule but I don’t think he would actively try to undermine Cam if he looked good (he didn’t). I mean he’s already replaced Sam or at least tried to replace him.

Lol Sam didn’t account for a TD in 5 straight games. Cam had 9 in his first 5 games here, even with the stinker he had against MIA. 

As for Rhule, he actually said Darnold had the same skill set as Cam(possibly the greatest short yardage backs) when he kept Sam in for a failed 4th and goal at the end of the season. If that doesn’t indicate clear bias I don’t know what does.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Lol Cam can't throw the ball anymore. 

The only QB that can compete right now is Sam.

And if the season started today Sam is the best we have.

Now maybe by September Matt can win the job but until then it's Sam's team.

2 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Reading defenses is a weakness of Cams? When has this ever been the case? It’s clear that’s a Darnold issue, but I never hear that being a problem for Cam

I mean, do we need to post the video of the "Oh ya'll been watching film, huh?"

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Folks want Cam to be dumb so bad. It fits into how they feel. With his diagnosis, there are no redeeming qualities to Cam as a QB at all, and we all know that isn’t the case. You had Olsen and others comment how Cam did this and that with the offense, yet some folks still can’t get past their feelings and thoughts. 

I don’t really want Cam back, but there is no reason to trash him. 

Yeah, Cam’s always had flaws in his game but he’s nowhere as dumb as people try to make him out to be.  He stumbles over his words sometimes and people think he’s an idiot.  But you can watch a simple video like this:

and you can see that he indeed knows how to read a defense

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2