• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Night and day between Panther and Canes home games

Jmac

College football student sections, crazy hockey towns, MLS supporter sections, Red Sox and Yankees fans ... it's just a different breed. Put the knuckleheads from the 500 section down in the 100-300s at BOA and it'd look and sound different on TV I'd imagine. BOA is just too large with too many casuals to always be rocking (outside of a Playoff game). It is what it is. No harm no foul.

The day BOA lets fans wave massive flags or banners in their seats, shoot smoke bombs, chant players names, sing, beat drums, slam plexiglass (er ... chairs?), curse, etc. is a day I'd like to see.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

College football student sections, crazy hockey towns, MLS supporter sections, Red Sox and Yankees fans ... it's just a different breed. Put the knuckleheads from the 500 section down in the 100-300s at BOA and it'd look and sound different on TV I'd imagine. BOA is just too large with too many casuals to always be rocking (outside of a Playoff game). It is what it is. No harm no foul.

The day BOA lets fans wave massive flags or banners in their seats, shoot smoke bombs, chant players names, sing, beat drums, slam plexiglass (er ... chairs?), curse, etc. is a day I'd like to see.

You are right.  Each team and sport are very different. Hockey is fun and loud with lots of back and forth with less strategy and more teamwork and grinding. Lots of banging and fighting on and off the ice. Crowds are loud and rowdy. 

Soccer crowds are actually pretty fun and everyone sings chants and makes noise while we wait for something to happen. Our section 127 in BOA isn't in the supporter section but we all stand the whole game.  Imagine that at a Panther game.

Football is highly controlled to avoid fights and pander to the family crowd. We stand in the upper deck on third down and when things are close. I stand a lot anyway. But it has been a while since we had some raucous crowds like against New England in 2004 and Tampa in 2008. The playoff run in 2015.  I would be up for more noise and big old flags and a crowd happy to be there win or lose. 

3 hours ago, 4Corners said:

The hurricanes are a good team that compete for championships in a town that really has nothing else to do - The panthers are a terrible organization with no direction and no reason to be optimistic about the future and play in young city with ten thousand better things to do 

Raleigh…,has nothing else to do….come on man ..