• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Night and day between Panther and Canes home games

Jmac

14 hours ago, 4Corners said:

The hurricanes are a good team that compete for championships in a town that really has nothing else to do - The panthers are a terrible organization with no direction and no reason to be optimistic about the future and play in young city with ten thousand better things to do 

Both Raleigh and Charlotte are very boring cities,  I lived in Dayton Ohio for a time and they are down there with it.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin

But yeah the Panthers in the 2010s were a ton of fun. Cam dabbing on opposing teams, Luke chants etc. Now the team has a clueless owner, its only star player is always injured etc.

I don't think the Canes win the Stanley Cup this year (Colorado is too good). But they will be in contention for years to come. Panthers meanwhile are the new Jags, Lions, Browns etc. Perennial bottom feeders. And it won't change until Teppid sells the team.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Both Raleigh and Charlotte are very boring cities,  I lived in Dayton Ohio for a time and they are down there with it.

Raleigh I can see being on par with a toxic dump like Dayton but Charlotte is a world class city. 

• Poo 2

18 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

I’ve been to a few playoff games and I beg to differ. Winning cures all problems 

Yup.  I have been to Canes Stanley Cup games, Panthers home / away playoff games and Panthers Superbowl.  Home playoff games for both teams are electric.  Both teams have a nucleus of fans that show up no matter what.  However, the Carolinas are fair-weather ... when the team is good and in the playoffs, it's electric.  When the team is not good, can't give away the seats.

As for the Super Bowl, the few days leading up to it are better than the actual game.  Still a great experience. 

I get that you can’t compare the Stanley Cup Playoffs to a regular season NFL game but this still doesn’t answer the question as to why do Charlotte FC games sound louder than Panthers games?

Charlotte FC is average at best and obviously there are chants and drums but even excluding those two things there still seems to be more noise at those games then at Panthers games (and that’s with half the support). I’ll also mention that Charlotte FC fans have managed to come up with chants with out the big screen telling them when to actually start the chant.

Maybe it’s the demographic of people as the Hispanic population has really come out in support of Charlotte FC and the bottom line is that the club would not be successful without them. However, that demographic also isn’t fickle. They are behind the club when they are good and they are behind the club when they are bad… they also stay for the entirety of the game even when the result is no longer in doubt.

It doesn’t help that Charlotte is a transplant city but my God this fanbase could use a little rowdiness (even when we suck).

It would be nice to go to a game and see people actually standing and yelling (whether it’s good or bad things).

When I lived in Charlotte back in the early 2000’s and had season tickets there was a guy that stood up the entire game and just repeatedly screamed, “Fox, Run the Damn Ball”… he probably said it over 20 times a game and it straddled the fence of hilarity but at the end of the day I enjoyed those games even when the Panthers sucked because the fanbase was engaged and was constantly making noise even if it was just boo’s or drunken nonsense.

Panthers games now feel like a trip to the dentist. You can’t talk and God forbid you stand up and get a little restless.

Our games now remind me of the UNC games that I used to go to around 5 years ago… i.e. would you like some wine with your cheese type of crowd.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

I went to game 5 and it was electric. This is cap though. Wasnt anymore crazy than the Panthers and Seahawks playoff game i went to in 2015-16. Went to alot of UNC basketball games this year too and it was either dead inside or half the upper bowl was empty. Guarantee after their final four run the whole arena will be packed this year

11 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I get that you can’t compare the Stanley Cup Playoffs to a regular season NFL game but this still doesn’t answer the question as to why do Charlotte FC games sound louder than Panthers games?

Charlotte FC is average at best and obviously there are chants and drums but even excluding those two things there still seems to be more noise at those games then at Panthers games (and that’s with half the support). I’ll also mention that Charlotte FC fans have managed to come up with chants with out the big screen telling them when to actually start the chant.

Maybe it’s the demographic of people as the Hispanic population has really come out in support of Charlotte FC and the bottom line is that the club would not be successful without them. However, that demographic also isn’t fickle. They are behind the club when they are good and they are behind the club when they are bad… they also stay for the entirety of the game even when the result is no longer in doubt.

It doesn’t help that Charlotte is a transplant city but my God this fanbase could use a little rowdiness (even when we suck).

It would be nice to go to a game and see people actually standing and yelling (whether it’s good or bad things).

When I lived in Charlotte back in the early 2000’s and had season tickets there was a guy that stood up the entire game and just repeatedly screamed, “Fox, Run the Damn Ball”… he probably said it over 20 times a game and it straddled the fence of hilarity but at the end of the day I enjoyed those games even when the Panthers sucked because the fanbase was engaged and was constantly making noise even if it was just boo’s or drunken nonsense.

Panthers games now feel like a trip to the dentist. You can’t talk and God forbid you stand up and get a little restless.

Our games now remind me of the UNC games that I used to go to around 5 years ago… i.e. would you like some wine with your cheese type of crowd.

It’s their first year. Im not sure why anyone thinks this is a Charlotte problem. Every fanbase has its die hards and its casuals. When the team is winning the casuals are on board. Look at the Niners one of the most storied franchises in sports. We played them opening day in 2017 and the stadium was 3/4 empty. They make a Super Bowl 2 years later and now the place has standing room only sections. The Cowboys are suppsed to be americas team and anytime they play a team with any sort of fanbase the place is filled with opposing fans. America and its cities for the most part only root for winners

4 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

It’s their first year. Im not sure why anyone thinks this is a Charlotte problem. Every fanbase has its die hards and its casuals. When the team is winning the casuals are on board. Look at the Niners one of the most storied franchises in sports. We played them opening day in 2017 and the stadium was 3/4 empty. They make a Super Bowl 2 years later and now the place has standing room only sections. The Cowboys are suppsed to be americas team and anytime they play a team with any sort of fanbase the place is filled with opposing fans. America and its cities for the most part only root for winners

It’s not about the attendance, it never has been. It’s about the overall atmosphere.

The Panthers were sixth in average attendance last year according to ESPN (not sure I buy those numbers) but more often than not the place was quieter than on a Pentecostal church on a Sunday morning.

I think a lot of that has to do with the type of people that go to Panthers games, it’s probably a very similar crowd to that of a UNC basketball game… i.e. the type of people that don’t stand, clap like they are at a golf tournament, and leave before the game is over because God forbid there be traffic.

I love both the Panthers and Tar Heels but their game day atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired.

Fans shouldn’t have to be directed on when they should say “Keep” and when they should say “Pounding”… it makes the fanbase as a whole look like we are unintelligent.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, 4Corners said:

The hurricanes are a good team that compete for championships in a town that really has nothing else to do - The panthers are a terrible organization with no direction and no reason to be optimistic about the future and play in young city with ten thousand better things to do 

I think you could argue that there are more sporting events available in the triangle area. Raleigh area is cool. More liveable actually then Charlotte...And I'm from Charlotte

The Canes organizationally have much better community outreach.  As a fan you don't feel like a number, you feel valued.  Also there is a big difference in ownership. Tom Dundon has put a product on the ice that can win, and he is also flexible on his philosophy. They just opened up a brand new facility, where the Canes and all the junior hockey leagues in the area practice. You want to talk about community connection.  Canes by far have a superior organizational structure.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I think you could argue that there are more sporting events available in the triangle area. Raleigh area is cool. More liveable actually then Charlotte...And I'm from Charlotte

The Canes organizationally have much better community outreach.  As a fan you don't feel like a number, you feel valued.  Also there is a big difference in ownership. Tom Dundon has put a product on the ice that can win, and he is also flexible on his philosophy. They just opened up a brand new facility, where the Canes and all the junior hockey leagues in the area practice. You want to talk about community connection.  Canes by far have a superior organizational structure.

Raleigh sucks. Durham sucks. It is what it is. I wish I was interested in hockey. I’ll tune in for some playoff hockey every now and then but for the most part it does nothing for me. I know the Canes are a good team and well run franchise, I just can’t get in to it. 

PLS Update:

Today 836 PSL’s available representing 2,071 seats…

…down from 860 and 2,134 last Wednesday.

This represents 2.77% of all seats and 3.34% of seats attached to a PSL. 

Conclusion:  The fans who actually put their money on the line and pay the bills aren’t going anywhere🤘

…all the pearl-clutching & gnashing of teeth having zero impact on Panthers business operations👊.

0B1FE1B9-812E-4FFC-A513-295041B6D569.jpeg