• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule and Fitterer out of synch on bringing in a Veteran QB (e.g. Mayfield)?

trueblade

“We want to have a really strong quarterback room,” Rhule told reporters on Friday during rookie minicamp, “so I don’t think we would say no to a veteran at this point.”

“We’re happy with the group we have,” Fitterer said. “I never put an absolute on anything. [But] we came into this weekend with the intention of getting a quarterback, and that’s what we did. And we’re going to go with this group.”

Taken from this blog: https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/panthers-baker-mayfield-trade-matt-corral/

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

With Listening to Rhule give the long explanation  about Sean Payton rumors, it's definitely  something  being discussed. I'm sure he has talked with Fitterer  and I think they are on the same page at the moment. At some point  I'm sure they weren't on the same page but it sounds like they both looking at a vet to bring in. If anything,  I could see Darnold getting the boot if they could get it done. 

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Fitterer literally said they are still looking at veteran options in his interview 48hrs ago. The same interview that the parallel thread is talking about fitterer mentioning the potential of bringing cam back. 

this is a non story/assumption.

This.

I think we're waiting for the price to drop on the vets and then we'll decide. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Fitterer literally said they are still looking at veteran options in his interview 48hrs ago. The same interview that the parallel thread is talking about fitterer mentioning the potential of bringing cam back. 

this is a non story/assumption.

"What we are doing" and "what I want to do" are two very different concepts.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Why bring a vet in? Another freaking castoff QB. I am so sick of this sh-t.  

Because Rhule. He's been searching for that right veteran bandaid ever since he was hired. He still doesn't understand that these guys are available relatively cheaply for a reason.

• Pie 1

Rhule should just shut his trap and defer to Fitt on those questions, if anything Rhule could be screwing up any negotiation tactics Fitt has brewing. I would say Rhule should just stick to what he's good at, but I still haven't figured out what that is. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Fitterer said he was going to do everything he can to improve the team all the time. So is he happy with what we have? Yes. Would he take a veteran if the price were right? Why not, if it makes the team better.  Will he trade for one? I don't think he wants to give up any more draft picks. So it would be for a guy who gets released and won't cost that much or better yet, we make it all performance based with little guaranteed.  We aren't desperate anymore for a QB but we certainly wouldn't avoid one if the right situation occurred if I read the tea leaves correctly. 

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1