• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule and Fitterer out of synch on bringing in a Veteran QB (e.g. Mayfield)?

trueblade

13 minutes ago, poundaway said:

If Fit doesn't think we should get a QB and he has all this new power, why doesn't he just say, we're not getting a vet QB?

It was collaborative last year.   It is again this year, and Rhules contract has not changed. 

Rhule's contract gives him final say over the roster.

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

Not according to Qanon Huddle.  Fit has the power now, and this years draft and FA was all Fit.  Rhules power is diminished,  remember?

"Diminished", yeah probably. But everyone acknowledges he still has final say.

It's not hard to understand.

Edited by Mr. Scot

"building around a rookie being the right way to do it" is a bit of a matter of fact statement that almost any GM is going to make.   Its like a coach saying he likes to draft O-lineman that are tough...really?

Fans read too much into coach/GM speak.

If Fitt is interested in Jimmy G or Baker is going to run around stating that we have a great desire to sign a vet QB???? No, he is going to say the opposite.

At this point who knows, I could see us going into the season with Sam and Matt or I could still see us trading for someone like Jimmy G and shipping Sam off and letting Matt be the backup.

Also all this talk about who has final say and who made what decision is kind of pointless. 

Unless any of us were in the room I doubt any of us really know.

For all we know Fitt could have been the one that pushed the hardest for Sam last year?  Maybe he convinced Rhule that Sam plus Horn helped the team more than just a QB at 8. Maybe that is why Rhule is so quick to discard Sam.

Maybe both Rhule and Fitt wanted to push hard for a vet, maybe Tepper said "no more", after the wasted resources on Sam and Teddy.

The fact is most people around here are going to push whatever narrative they want.

• Beer 2

Corral would benefit from having a legit vet In the QB room with him.  I think the GM is open to that.  But that’s a teaching body.  Film room.  Etc. 

I think Matt Rhule has wanted and does want a vet he could play week 1 and this season (Baker)

I’m having a really hard time picturing Darnold trot out in front of the home crowd opening day against a decent Browns defense 

1. They best introduce the defense first or come out the ‘Patriots way’ as a team

2. The first mistake he makes…and yes he will make many….oh boy 

my opinion, bring in Foles.  Cheap. No physical issues.  Not the answer but a decent placeholder   Not stuck with Jimmy g or Baker and all that baggage 

Then, Just cut Darnold and be done with it.  End his suffering…and ours 

Edited by raleigh-panther

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Define alignment.

If "I don't really think we should do that but you've got final say so I'll go along and won't make waves" is alignment, then sure.

They are aligned with the approach of bringing in a QB with years of experience that is not named Sam Darnold. 

You and I have zero hard evidence that Fitt and Rhule do not agree, and if there is thinking that these two guys have different agendas, then I think it might be plausible that your bias has overruled rationale. 

When the BTS video drops this coming week, I think it will clear some stuff up for many perspectives. 

3 hours ago, OceanPanther said:

It's Time to move on from PJ on this roster

There is no need to bring in a veteran like Baker or Jimmy G which would cost us more.  This is why you sign Cam to a one year million dollar contract like he had with NE. 

Cam can easily beat out Sam for the #2 spot and be utilized in short yardage situation where we don't have to expose Corral to running too often.  

I'd rather have Corral, Darnold, Newton QB room than a Corral, Darnold, PJ Walker QB room. 

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

You and I have zero hard evidence that Fitt and Rhule do not agree, and if there is thinking that these two guys have different agendas, then I think it might be plausible that your bias has overruled rationale. 

When the BTS video drops this coming week, I think it will clear some stuff up for many perspectives. 

We have an equal amount of evidence that they do.

All we know is what the public decision is, and I doubt you'll get anything other than that on video either. Just like you'll get plenty of evidence that every draft pick was exactly the one they wanted.

Edited by Mr. Scot

I would much prefer that Sam get the abuse until the oline gels at least. When that happens if the kid is ready for the big show put his ass out there.

Whoever starts at qb is going to have a rough go at first.  The oline my have bright new faces but don't assume they will magically be top 10 right out of the gate.

• Beer 1