• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cade Mays

ellis

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

This is why we always need to grab an OL in the late round as well. They seem to have higher success rates than other positions in the later rounds. It looks like we might actually have some OL depth now. 

Agreed. This is something we need to keep doing every year.

• Beer 1

I think Mays makes the roster, though he might not be a part of the starting group (my prediction there is Ekwonu, Christensen, Bozeman, Corbett, and Moton).

Now pick 3 to 4 players from below and we've got our OL group:

• Deonte Brown
  • Dennis Daley
  • Michael Jordan
  • Pat Elflein
  • Cameron Erving
  • Mike Horton
  • Sam Tecklenburg
  • Austen Pleasants

tbh I'd be okay with just taking Brown and two traffic cones at this point

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Agreed. This is something we need to keep doing every year.

Makes me more infuriated how we took a fuging long snapper over just keeping it simple and drafting an o-lineman like Trey Smith. I can never forgive Rhule for that. It wasn't that hard. It was an obvious choice that could've helped the team. Last year and this year shows that we give Rhule control over late rounds and some UDFAs. 

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

Christenson is the odds on favorite but who knows. I'd think Mays has as much chance of playing LG as Brown.

Brown could be great for our running game. Imagine the left side with Icky and Brown. That’s a lot of pounds plowing the defense out of the way! 

• Beer 3

56 minutes ago, Icege said:

I think Mays makes the roster, though he might not be a part of the starting group (my prediction there is Ekwonu, Christensen, Bozeman, Corbett, and Moton).

Now pick 3 to 4 players from below and we've got our OL group:

• Deonte Brown
  • Dennis Daley
  • Michael Jordan
  • Pat Elflein
  • Cameron Erving
  • Mike Horton
  • Sam Tecklenburg
  • Austen Pleasants

tbh I'd be okay with just taking Brown and two traffic cones at this point

Have to admit, 0-line looking pretty good 

• Beer 1

50 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Makes me more infuriated how we took a fuging long snapper over just keeping it simple and drafting an o-lineman like Trey Smith. I can never forgive Rhule for that. It wasn't that hard. It was an obvious choice that could've helped the team. Last year and this year shows that we give Rhule control over late rounds and some UDFAs. 

Yeah man, but they drafted Fletch.

7 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Yeah man, but they drafted Fletch.

Rhule should be gone. It's mistakes like this that hurt the team. Trey Smith could be the other starting guard for us. Instead we have to make him happy and let him choose his annual Baylor/Temple guys in the 6th-7th rounds and UDFAs.

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

The one area that we always need to be adding to is OL. DT is probably 2nd with DE third. The DL and OL should always have depth added. Every year. If you aren't sure what direction to go or if you're choosing from players of different positions and it's a toss up, look at the trenches first.

6 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

From all reports Ikem is a leader and likely will be here. 

Just listening to him speak is reassuring.  He has a calm confidence about him that just impresses me.    He doesn't sound like a 21/22 year old fresh out of college.  He strikes me as being cerebral like Gross and at the same time nasty like Norwell. 

• Pie 4