• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cade Mays

ellis

10 hours ago, Icege said:

I think Mays makes the roster, though he might not be a part of the starting group (my prediction there is Ekwonu, Christensen, Bozeman, Corbett, and Moton).

Now pick 3 to 4 players from below and we've got our OL group:

• Deonte Brown
  • Dennis Daley
  • Michael Jordan
  • Pat Elflein
  • Cameron Erving
  • Mike Horton
  • Sam Tecklenburg
  • Austen Pleasants

tbh I'd be okay with just taking Brown and two traffic cones at this point

Give me that starting 5 with Mays, Elflein and Irving. Brown and Daley can battle it out for the last spot.

Jordan can get cut the first day of camp for all I care.

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, Icege said:

I think Mays makes the roster, though he might not be a part of the starting group (my prediction there is Ekwonu, Christensen, Bozeman, Corbett, and Moton).

Now pick 3 to 4 players from below and we've got our OL group:

• Deonte Brown
  • Dennis Daley
  • Michael Jordan
  • Pat Elflein
  • Cameron Erving
  • Mike Horton
  • Sam Tecklenburg
  • Austen Pleasants

tbh I'd be okay with just taking Brown and two traffic cones at this point

Brown, Elflein, and Erving, IMO. Erving and Elflein are versatile, and should be decent back ups. THEY IN NO WAY ARE NFL STARTERS! Plus, we're paying them anyway, might as well let them hang around. Brown and Mays are both on 6th rd rookie contracts, so they're basically free. 

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Just listening to him speak is reassuring.  He has a calm confidence about him that just impresses me.    He doesn't sound like a 21/22 year old fresh out of college.  He strikes me as being cerebral like Gross and at the same time nasty like Norwell. 

That's a hell of a combo! I like it.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I said after the draft that it wouldn’t surprise me if Mays beats out BC for the LG spot. As far as we’ve gotten so far, Moton, Ikem, Bozeman and Corbett are probably starters so LG is the open spot. I hope BC and Mays are the leaders for that spot. Erving or Elflein would be a big disappointment and Brown is a project that I don’t think is more than a future backup. Between Mays and BC, everything seems to point at Mays having the greater potential. He does remind me of Norwell. Power 5 starting OL that due to being a G and maybe not being the ultimate combine guy, drops way too far.

I would love for him to snag the starting LG spot in camp, and let BC really focus on tackle and being a backup/ high end swing T.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Christensen played so well that people are upset he didn't play more yet we want a 6th rounder to replace him already?

Is this just about wanting things to unfold in a way to maximize criticism of past decisions?

No, many of us think that Christensen is a better prospect at tackle than guard.

• Pie 1