• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Are The Chances that Christian McCaffrey Stays Healthy?

Pantha-kun

What Are the Chances that Christian McCaffrey Actually Stays Healthy?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Serious question. Do you think he'll actually stay healthy this season? If he does that would be huge.

• 100%
    • 95%
    • 90%
    • 80%
    • 70%
    • 60%
    • 50%
    • 40%
    • 30%
    • 20%
    • 10%
    • Below 10%
    • No chance. He's already injury prone and they will just keep accumulating until he retires sadly.

I know it isn't credible because I talked to a guy who say he talked to a guy who is close to Christian and knows that CMC doesn't want to run up the middle anymore, he wants to be used more like Kamara. In space and out of the backfield on swing passes.  They said he will never complain and will do what is asked but feels his injuries are due to how he is being used.  Take it for what it is worth but I thought it was worthy of discussion. But I doubt he wants to stay if he is going to be beaten to death or he will last if we don't change how we use him.

Sure, I’ll be the optimist. I’m one of his harshest critics but it’s not like he’s experiencing severe, career-altering injuries. It does seem as if most of his injuries are just mild, but since the team is out of the playoff chase so early they don’t see a need to rush him back.

He’s had two years to rest and recover, I think he’s due at least one more season of health. I’ll say it’s this one. Doesn’t he mean he might not get nicked for a game or two, but I’ll say he plays in 12+ games this year.

5 minutes ago, pantherj said:

He's not worth the money if we limit his snaps. He'll get injured if we don't limit his snaps. This is part of why where a lower tier team.

I think the team needs to make a decision about this very soon.  I know there was talk about a trade to buffalo that didnt happen but I suspect they are secretly shopping him and looking at options.

It's the argument you always have with a star player.

Limit their usage to save wear and tear but risk blunting their effectiveness, or play them to maximum usage at the risk of shortening their careers?

We had this same debate over how much to use Newton as a runner.

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

If you remove CMC's name from that poll, you should still get 50% or less certainty. The NFL is a wildcard when it comes to injuries. Every year we see a big name go down for the count. Its a physical sport and injuries are part of the game. It's wild we are critical on a person getting injured in a sport where you are getting hit by the equivilent of a truck going 20mph every week, and sometimes twice a week. 

We have quikcly lost focus on the dangers of thursday night football. NFL teams should make that their rest games and play their 2s. Basically giving Goodell a big fug you. 

this is the cleanest take I have seen on the state of injuries and over use. It's like fans think these people are machines. 

I also, think those Thursday night games could definitely be used as a down week if all coaches agreed. Problem is, a team on the bubble would toss in the ones for a potential play off spot. If your a lock for a playoff spot then I say go for it though.

He is a running back. By the nature of the position,  it is very challenging for any running back to remain healthy on any given season. 

Fans are so eager to throw around the injury prone label,  without any true consideration that it's not just more to do with the position he plays, but the sport of football as a whole.  

I never expect complete healthy seasons by any player.  This is a brutal sport.  I just pay that he avoids major injury, and is able to help lead us, because of he is our best offensive player, period.