• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brees out at NBC

Mr. Scot

Yea he was awful on TV. Not sure who the guy was earlier in the thread who said Romo was the same but that's hilariously stupid. Romos charisma drips through the TV and he is far more popular on TV than he was as a QB. Literally would be the only person ever that would try to say otherwise and just look silly trying to be a hipster

I absolutely loathe Tony Romo...  He's like the kid that thinks he knows everything and wont shut up...  Then every play he says the offense is going to (yaps about 3 different play options) and gets a few play calls correct a game....  People think he is some genius for it....   Just one mans .02...   Staying on topic...  F%^$ Drew Brees... and the NO Saints....

• Beer 1

20 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I think they have to try because there is the appeal factor that pulls ratings.  Aikman is coming to mind as being decent behind the microphone.  When you get down to it I dont see anything particularly special about him other than he just has a matter of fact oh shucks type approach that people seem to accept.  I dont see charisma but it comes across as genuine.  Brees never connected. 

Aikman at least has a good broadcast voice

The Return of Drew Brees

I can’t see this seriously.  That being said, they list Panthers as a second possible landing spot.  

Saints love Brees but,  they want to stay with Winston.  Jamis showed potential last year and was able to make the long pass. 

I realize I am an Ole Miss graduate, but I think Corral has the most potential.  My recommendation is to have a quarterback competition.  Let the winner start game one.  

Brees has earned a special place in the hearts of Saints fans.  However,  even if his skill returns, he might buy you one season.  I just don’t think he is a solution for the Panthers.  

i look forward to watching Corral win games for the Panthers!

Look I do not care for him, but why is the standard now "YOU MUST BE A GOD ONE YEAR OR TRASH"??

Not long ago newbies were able to find their barrings and improve year after year. Romo comes in and is legit good right out of the gate(mainly cause he can predict the plays due to sitting in on team meetings). Now you must be 61 year old John Madden day one? WTF is that BS???

On 5/15/2022 at 5:05 PM, Proudiddy said:

NGL, I was surprised by that aspect because when you saw him command the huddle and pregame speeches in NO, he had tons of charisma and a surprising amount of bravado.  I know that doesn't translate necessarily, but he was so flat on TV, it was a huge contrast.  It's definitely a different world, which is why they shouldn't be handing these jobs out without a proven amount of time and experience in doing it.  

Greg had been doing the spots for NFLN and Fox before he was even retired and even the longtime TV guys were going on about how good he is, and yet, Mr. Toupee here and Brady are raking in huge deals and displacing guys despite having no experience with it.  Imagine how Rodney Harrison (F him, by the way) feels.  He got ousted out of the studio for THAT, and now they fire him after one year.😂

I disagree on the pre game speeches. That Who Dat Nation garbage was/is a direct fleecing of the Who Dey chant from the Bengals. Saints fans were just to desperate and destitute at the time to not jump on that carrot. Secondly his other pregame "We are New Awwwlins, then the 300 chant was also of lamest proportions again as people just associated it with the movie and Leonidas and got on board. Every time he did any of that bullshiggity, I changed the channel until it was over. 

And secondly, Rodney Harrison was big mad! Hahahahahahahaha, got ousted quickly out of the paint. There was one game he did in the rain and cold last year. You could tell on his face there was much animosity!