• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer "best players will play"

NAS

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Remember the story that the Panthers were considered the least "merit-based" team in the league when it came to playing time? Likewise the saying that we had guys starting on our roster who wouldn't even make a team elsewhere?

That's why something like this gets said.

High Five Best Friends GIF by reactionseditor

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Remember the story that the Panthers were considered the least "merit-based" team in the league when it came to playing time? Likewise the saying that we had guys starting on our roster who wouldn't even make a team elsewhere?

That's why something like this gets said.

I didn't say that they knew who the best player was.  That's a different story altogether.  Just because they say the best player starts doesn't mean they know who that is.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

The fact it needs to be said really says it all. To bad it comes from the GM and not the waste of space we call a HC. 

I think every coach and GM has said this exact same thing. If fact they all probably say it every year because they have to do media rounds. This is such a common phrase is the NFL/sports. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

I think every coach and GM has said this exact same thing. If fact they all probably say it every year because they have to do media rounds. This is such a common phrase is the NFL/sports. 

When you play Erving and then Daley over BC at LT the last half of the year it really doesn't matter what you say, it's the fact the actions were so wrong.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I’m almost rooting for him now. I thought he did an awful job last year, which he did, but it’s almost silly now. Fitterer is a hero now and Rhule is responsible for every bad thing. I’m not sold on Fitterer yet. Taking Iky was a stroke of luck, still in shock that he was there, but the decision to take him was a no brainer. It stemmed from our 2021 draft which wasn’t good once the rubber hit the road. Sure the “value” looked good but we got a lot of nickels and in hindsight we whiffed on OL which is why this off-season was all about the OL.

I’ll be interested to see how it goes this year. If Corral doesn’t work out, it’s Rhule’s fault and if he does work out, it’s because Fitterer was able to overrule Rhule and his love for Darnold.

GM is getting a bump he doesn’t deserve strictly because Rhule has looked so horrible of late.  

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, even in GM centric operations, head coaches still control the depth chart.

I do but in to the idea that Fitterer had increased influence over the offseason personnel process this year. Have a hard time imagining him making playing time decisions though.

My hunch...Rhule will HAVE to play the best players vs. what he thinks is best for the football team.

Meaning, his way doesn't work, now we do it the right way.

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I didn't say that they knew who the best player was.  That's a different story altogether.  Just because they say the best player starts doesn't mean they know who that is.

Yeah, in reality its harder than it looks.   Someone can dominate in practice and then stink it up on game day.  Sometimes its a coin toss. 

• Pie 1