• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer "best players will play"

NAS

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Outside of his love for old Temple and Baylor guys (and the dumbass "short arms" thing) personnel hasn't been the primary issue.

The problem is that he still coaches like a college coach, and that just doesn't work at the pro level.

In order to believe that Rhule is going to be successful, you've gotta buy in to the idea that he can learn to be a pro coach.

For me, it's not just that I don't buy that idea. It's that I'm really not interested in employing a head coach who has to learn his job to the level that Rhule does.

If the best thing he can do is let other people do it, then that’s all that needs to be said.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Basically Fitt can talk in a microphone/in front of people and doesn’t come off poorly. 

It's sad but that lack of skill has been an issue and not just with fans.

I'm not sure Fitt is getting a bump as much as people are celebrating having someone basically qualified for their job vs constant gross incompetence.

• Pie 3

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty much.

If the most ideal situation is for you to do as little as possible, why are you here?

Motivational speeches?

He's a place holder for the next candidate for the $65 million jackpot. 

Early on in this saga I once thought I understood some of the madness behind the hire.  Well the salary and the contract length at least. Didn't know anything about Rhule other than what was spouted on here. But I was more focused on the fact that Hurney was in charge of the search. I knew it would end up FUBAR.

Back to the contract, the salary and length is what attracts the best coaches if you think about it.  Let's assume for a minute that we have a GM that can recognize said candidates. 

Tepper is letting it be known that he's serious about building a perennial contender in Carolina. In theory, I know but hear me out, in theory that should be enough to attract the very best coaches in the league. 

Yes, it also attracts every bullshit artist wannabe in football.  For all of that to work you have to have an owner and GM the know the difference.  

The first attempt says the first iteration of owner/gm didn't know the difference. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

On 5/16/2022 at 7:24 AM, Mr. Scot said:

Remember the story that the Panthers were considered the least "merit-based" team in the league when it came to playing time? Likewise the saying that we had guys starting on our roster who wouldn't even make a team elsewhere?

That's why something like this gets said.

Boom! Me and a my friend were talking yesterday about how embarrassing that article really was. Just flat out exposed for bad roster management!

On 5/16/2022 at 7:08 AM, Waldo said:

When you play Erving and then Daley over BC at LT the last half of the year it really doesn't matter what you say, it's the fact the actions were so wrong.

Maybe it is the fact I grew up in Missouri, which is the "Show Me" state, or the fact my wife works in public relations, or the fact that I am older than dirt and have heard more idle words than I care to recall, but I agree with you.  The words mean nothing, the actions are what counts.

I feel that way about the Panthers, the NFL, all other sports leagues, all organizations who make statements, politicians and pretty much anybody else in the Washington DC area, and virtually everybody else, so I am not picking on Fitts or Rhule.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

The creativity of the mental gymnastics some of you use to crap on Rhule is truly astounding. It's like palates for the brain. I tell ya what.

It doesn't take mental gymnastics to crap on somebody who's bad at their job.

Hello, I'd imagine it's a lot less effort than trying to sound reasonable when you're really just being a dick 😁

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It doesn't take mental gymnastics to crap on somebody who's bad at their job.

Hello, I'd imagine it's a lot less effort than trying to sound reasonable when you're really just being a dick 😁

No, it doesn't take brains to crap on someone. But it takes talent to come up with some of the doozies we saw in this thread.

Though you sure made sure you got that insult in there, didn't cha? 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

No, it doesn't take brains to crap on someone. But it takes talent to come up with some of the doozies we saw in this thread.

Though you sure made sure you got that insult in there, didn't cha? 

Welk, when it's deserved 😁

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Welk, when it's deserved 😁

lol Nice deflect. You got some high level self importance going on there. I mean, if you are judge and jury on who deserves insults. Do I bow, or take a knee? Damm man, you sure fell far

You know the kind of folks that use insults don't cha. Bullies. I'm starting to see that. You are one sneaky lil devil.

If you need to insult. You may need to step back. 

• Flames 1

The Matt Rhule diehards need their own message board where criticism is forbidden. If you're looking for a name for this new community "Matt Rhule is the greatest coach in the history of athletics don't you dare say anything bad about him" is a mouthful so maybe just MRGCHADSABAH for short.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, frankw said:

The Matt Rhule diehards need their own message board where criticism is forbidden. If you're looking for a name for this new community "Matt Rhule is the greatest coach in the history of athletics don't you dare say anything bad about him" is a mouthful so maybe just MRGCHADSABAH for short.

That could rival supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

• Beer 1
  • The D 1