• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I thought I was going to the Carolina Panthers. Then they took Kelvin Benjamin.”

ncfan

39 minutes ago, Manna said:

KB made sense then and I still agree with the pick today. He did well and met expectations are a number 1 WR. I believe it was when his mother passed that it affected him emotionally and psychologically which led to his downfall. People cope differently and I think his way of coping just so happened to derail his NFL career. 

#1 receiver, damn man!! One of the worst first round picks in Panthers history.

43 minutes ago, Manna said:

KB made sense then and I still agree with the pick today. He did well and met expectations are a number 1 WR. I believe it was when his mother passed that it affected him emotionally and psychologically which led to his downfall. People cope differently and I think his way of coping just so happened to derail his NFL career. 

agreed.   I was a huge KB fan but he was emotionally fragile and immature. Otherwise he was a stud. 

• Beer 1

Adams struggled with drops early in his career and I’m doubtful he’d be close to as good as he is now if we drafted him.  KB was solid, but his effort was always questionable.  His mom passing away definitely didn’t help, but that happened after the 2016 season, and that’s the year where he basically gave up and had Cam fug up his shoulder the first time by chasing down an interception.  I wanted Brandin Cooks that draft and was extremely hurt when NO got him 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

His life is better off for it.  The Panthers would have screwed up his career.  In Green Bay he had a future HOFer throwing to him, competent coaching staffs and a solid front office.  Imagine if KB went to the Packers?  Heck, he may not be washed up like he is right now and further more, be having a decent career.

The Panthers have a long tradition of taking the wrong guy, starting all the way back with preferring Kerry Collins over Steve McNair. You had Tshimanga Biakabutuka over Eddie George, DeShaun Foster over Clinton Portis, Jason Peter over Vonnie Holliday, Rae Carruth over... anybody.

But you bring up a valid point. Perhaps it's not so much the picks were making as it is the team itself.

Maybe at least some of these guys might have turned out better had they gone elsewhere.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Panthers have a long tradition of taking the wrong guy, starting all the way back with preferring Kerry Collins over Steve McNair. You had Tshimanga Biakabutuka over Eddie George, DeShaun Foster over Clinton Portis, Jason Peter over Vonnie Holliday, Rae Carruth over... anybody.

But you bring up a valid point. Perhaps it's not so much the picks were making as it is the team itself.

Maybe at least some of these guys might have turned out better had they gone elsewhere.

In fairness, you could probably say something similar about 90% of the teams in the NFL.  The Bears preferred Mitch Trubiski over Patrick Mahomes.  Washington preferred RG III over Russel Wilson.  Dallas preferred Claiborne over Gilmore, etc...  Draft is a crap shoot and only a handful of teams get it right more often than they get it wrong.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1