• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I thought I was going to the Carolina Panthers. Then they took Kelvin Benjamin.”

ncfan

44 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I know this comes up a lot but this wasn’t KB’s fault. That entire play was overturned because the DB was touched by KB so he was down. In a league where they blow whistles early to protect players on returns, Cam getting hurt was 100% on the official. KB was the guy who touched the DB so I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt that he knew the guy was already down.

The official was inches from the play and had no business not stopping the play. It wouldn’t be the first okay where Cam wasn’t protected by officials. I saw it and knew it would get overturned but those plays are where people get hurt. It’s kind of ironic that TD got suspended for a blind side hit on Davante Adams on an INT return.

That's a good argument but I disagree. KB's body language after the pick was absolutely horrific for a 5 year old, let alone a grown professional athlete who is displaying poor situational awareness. I 100% believe he was doing what he does best, whining, instead of thinking the play was over and expressing his emotions.  

He had shown poor effort throughout the season and the attitude was getting worse.  Probably the biggest standout was the Chiefs game where he just let a smaller DB rip the ball out and he looked rather indifferent to the whole thing.  

I wanna watch the play again to confirm, but the play is so painful to watch at this point.  

I do agree with your point about the refs culpability, just not it being 100% on them. 

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Panthers have a long tradition of taking the wrong guy, starting all the way back with preferring Kerry Collins over Steve McNair. You had Tshimanga Biakabutuka over Eddie George, DeShaun Foster over Clinton Portis, Jason Peter over Vonnie Holliday, Rae Carruth over... anybody.

But you bring up a valid point. Perhaps it's not so much the picks were making as it is the team itself.

Maybe at least some of these guys might have turned out better had they gone elsewhere.

The Simpsons GIF

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

His life is better off for it.  The Panthers would have screwed up his career.  In Green Bay he had a future HOFer throwing to him, competent coaching staffs and a solid front office.  Imagine if KB went to the Packers?  Heck, he may not be washed up like he is right now and further more, be having a decent career.

dumb. he would've had prime time future HOFer cam newton throwing to him here. but you're a weirdo shadow racist street preacher cam hater so of course you have this wonky ass take

• Flames 2
  • Poo 2

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I’ll say it again, KB fell completely apart after knee issues and his mom, but if he doesn’t get hurt in 2015 preseason, we win the SB. He was absolutely our #1 threat against Denver in week 1 the next year.

Losing SB 50 had absolutely nothing to do with KB being injured, the passing game actually improved. He was just lazy and unmotivated, all excuses aside.

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

In fairness, you could probably say something similar about 90% of the teams in the NFL.  The Bears preferred Mitch Trubiski over Patrick Mahomes.  Washington preferred RG III over Russel Wilson.  Dallas preferred Claiborne over Gilmore, etc...  Draft is a crap shoot and only a handful of teams get it right more often than they get it wrong.  

I'd say 90% is an awfully high number.

It's the smart teams that tend to make the right call. We haven't traditionally been one of the smart teams.

I suppose the question would be what percentage of the NFL is smart vs not.

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

His life is better off for it.  The Panthers would have screwed up his career.  In Green Bay he had a future HOFer throwing to him, competent coaching staffs and a solid front office.  Imagine if KB went to the Packers?  Heck, he may not be washed up like he is right now and further more, be having a decent career.

Make no mistake Kelvin Benjamins career went to crap by his own hand. Though I haven't agreed with every move our Panthers have made over the years (Keeping Rhule this season for example) but Kelvin Benjamin lost his career because Kelvin Benjamin was not mentally strong enough to handle it all and keep it as well as rise above the adversity that hits everyone at some point while also having less than ideal discipline to his body, his nutrition and his work ethic. This is all opinion based but take Kelvin Benjamin and start his career with the greatest NFL franchise there is and he still would have Kelvin Benjamin'd hi self right out the league. His downfall was on Kelvin unfortunately. Nobody cut his legs out from under him or stabbed him in the back except his own choices. We all make choices both good and bad and we live with the consequences both good and bad. Kelvin's just happened to take away an amazing thing such as a dream career that many men would have dedicated their lives to and died for.

Edited by YourLastThought

6 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Make no mistake Kelvin Benjamins career went to crap by his own hand. Though I haven't agreed with every move our Panthers have made over the years (Keeping Rhule this season for example) but Kelvin Benjamin lost his career because Kelvin Benjamin was not mentally strong enough to handle it all and keep it as well as rise above the adversity that hits everyone at some point while also having less than ideal discipline to his body, his nutrition and his work ethic. This is all opinion based but take Kelvin Benjamin and start his career with the greatest NFL franchise there is and he still would have Kelvin Benjamin'd hi self right out the league. His downfall was on Kelvin unfortunately. Nobody cut his legs out from under him or stabbed him in the back except his own choices. We all make choices both good and bad and we live with the consequences both good and bad. Kelvin's just happened to take away an amazing thing such as a dream career that many men would have dedicated their lives to and died for.

We owe the Benjamin trade to Brandon Beane. He was the one who initiated it.

Beane has certainly made a lot of good moves with Buffalo, but that's not one of them.