• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I thought I was going to the Carolina Panthers. Then they took Kelvin Benjamin.”

ncfan

37 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, for an undrafted kid, Philly Brown was okay. 

and he also embarrased Talib in the Super Bowl.  Which is why Talib tried to break his neck. He had 4 catches for 80 yards before getting knocked out in the 3rd quarter.    Talib couldn't handle Philly.  Let's make that clear.  Talib is trash.    

I feel you, but imagine Diggs, Adams, and Philly and Cotchery and Ginn. Dude said better WR play wouldn't have made a difference.  

He never recovered from the ACL tear, and then spit in his face by getting to the super bowl. His first season was monsterous and i loved the pick. It fit the scheme more at the time, not sure Adams would have but who knows. We couldn't develop talent at WR for the longest time.

I find it interesting that one of Adams knocks coming out of college was his route running ability.  Mainly due to the limited route tree Fresno State had him running.  Now he's the model for releases and routes that other receiver study film on and work towards.

20 hours ago, 45catfan said:

So, let me fill you in on this dude. There is a subforum called the 'tender box' where about a handful 

Where can I find this “tender box” and does it come with extra BBQ sauce?

signed,

Kelvin B

Edited by 4Corners
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

He never recovered from the ACL tear, and then spit in his face by getting to the super bowl. His first season was monsterous and i loved the pick. It fit the scheme more at the time, not sure Adams would have but who knows. We couldn't develop talent at WR for the longest time.

Agree w this. This revisionist poo is dumb. It sure looked like KB was a good pick at the time. Panthers weren’t the only team who passed on Adams. 

On 5/16/2022 at 9:29 AM, Manna said:

KB made sense then and I still agree with the pick today. He did well and met expectations are a number 1 WR. I believe it was when his mother passed that it affected him emotionally and psychologically which led to his downfall. People cope differently and I think his way of coping just so happened to derail his NFL career. 

This is the craziest revisionist history I’ve ever seen. KB was NEVER close to a #1 WR. His separation ability is the worst I’ve ever seen in the NFL.  The one year we didn’t have him, Cam took a bunch of JAG WR’s to the Super Bowl.  GTFO #1 WR… my fuging ass

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, stbugs said:

Think? He was there, he touched him. The interception was overturned and called back. It was very obvious. I get that his reaction wasn’t the best but he made physical contact with the DB.

It was an egregious call by the ref who couldn’t have had a better view.

Again, play until you hear the whistle. Touch or not, there was no whistle thus no reason to let up as much as he did. You never assume the refs are going to make the right call if there is no whistle since 9 times out of 10 they don't. Sure, the play was overturned but if he keeps playing until the whistle the ref screw up wouldn't have had the chance to cause anything. As I said, the ref was wrong, BUT he messed up as well.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, PantherNation123 said:

This is the craziest revisionist history I’ve ever seen. KB was NEVER close to a #1 WR. His separation ability is the worst I’ve ever seen in the NFL.  The one year we didn’t have him, Cam took a bunch of JAG WR’s to the Super Bowl.  GTFO #1 WR… my fuging ass

You’re free to have your own opinion about KB, but that doesn’t change the fact that he was drafted to be our #1 WR. Separation wasn’t going to be his strong suit and the team knew that, and his size and catch radius was the biggest factor in drafting him. I don’t think separation ability is the only quality that makes someone a #1 WR. DG said at the time that KB was someone who could rise up to the challenge when the game was on the line, and that’s who Cam looked to most of the time before his (KB) decline. The stars just aligned in 2015 when they went to the SB and had no connection to KB. If that were true then we would’ve gone back to the SB every year since his departure. 

you can look back in hindsight and say he was never a number 1 WR, but I’d say he was drafted to be one and was developing into one before his injury and subsequent life stressors that affected his development. 

• Pie 1