Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

“I thought I was going to the Carolina Panthers. Then they took Kelvin Benjamin.”


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, ichigo1057 said:

Regardless of the ref, you play until the whistle blows. Just because you THINK you touched a person down, as long as that whistle hasn't blown, you keep playing. That is like one of the main things they preach so I'm willing to still keep blame on KB for that. The ref might have screwed up but KB did the same by not playing until the whistle.

Think? He was there, he touched him. The interception was overturned and called back. It was very obvious. I get that his reaction wasn’t the best but he made physical contact with the DB.

It was an egregious call by the ref who couldn’t have had a better view.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, 45catfan said:

So, let me fill you in on this dude. There is a subforum called the 'tender box' where about a handful of posters go.  It's an EXTREME left-wing forum and it's where this dude lives. So if you don't subscribe to communism, socialism...anything short of complete anarchy then you are some right-wing homaphobe, Islamaphobe, Transphobe, xenaphobe, anything short of a complete and utter "phobe".   For the life of me I don't understand why the subforum is even around, but yet it exists.   Don't go in with a differing opinion than the approximately dozen (yes, it's really just a few left-wing zealots that frequent there) that pose as the gatekeepers to that forum.  What that has to do with a sports message board is beyond me?  But somehow it is allowed to exist here.  If Zod were to do away with it , he'd lose about 10 posters, but this place would be such a better community without it.

The Tinderbox mainly  only exists to free up the homepage from political and inappropriate posts. You know like you just got trolled into…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, PhillyB said:

lol you must not post here much. i don't recognize your handle. this cat45 guy has been posting here for years and has made his views about race, society, and the greatest quarterback in franchise history very, very well known

Fair enough.  I used to post more back in the day when we had the new content button.  

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Think? He was there, he touched him. The interception was overturned and called back. It was very obvious. I get that his reaction wasn’t the best but he made physical contact with the DB.

It was an egregious call by the ref who couldn’t have had a better view.

wtf GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, PhillyB said:

dumb. he would've had prime time future HOFer cam newton throwing to him here. but you're a weirdo shadow racist street preacher cam hater so of course you have this wonky ass take

The take you are responding to is the kind of take that kills me. He has had to deal with concussions and wrestling catches in double coverage while playing with Rodgers. Till this day, I have not seen Cam get a receiver killed the way some of these "greats" have. Not one guy has got his blocked knocked off being a Newton receiver even with the decline in his arm strength. 

On another note, our WR coach was jumping up and down for Devante Adams and the next year Stefon Diggs. We wouldn't have had to trade up for either, we just could've taken them where we drafted. Hindsight is 20/20, but wow at those weapons instead of KB and Funchess! This would've changed the entire trajectory of Cam's career and our winning fortunes. Cam won the MVP and went to the Ship with Philly Brown and Tedd Ginn. So this narrative of he was better off with Rodgers is bogus. 

Edited by NorthTryon
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Perhaps, but between the refs, our RT getting killed by Miller, our staff's unwillingness to roll him help and the League wanting Manning to get his second ring (see refs), that game was a steep uphill climb when it should not have been.  Bad WR play, or should I say, better WR play would not have been the difference maker in that game.  Keeping Miller off Cam and consistent, FAIR calls by the refs and the outcome probably would have been different.

Having WRs who can quickly win their match up always makes a difference. If we have a receiver who catches the wide open pass from Cam across the middle and takes it for a long gain or to the house that would've made a huge difference. SS absolutely made Talib lose his mind. Philly Brown couldn't even out run him to the pylon. In conclusion, it better WR play would and does make a huge difference as evidenced by player salary. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Having WRs who can quickly win their match up always makes a difference. If we have a receiver who catches the wide open pass from Cam across the middle and takes it for a long gain or to the house that would've made a huge difference. SS absolutely made Talib lose his mind. Philly Brown couldn't even out run him to the pylon. In conclusion, it better WR play would and does make a huge difference as evidenced by player salary. 

I mean, for an undrafted kid, Philly Brown was okay. 

and he also embarrased Talib in the Super Bowl.  Which is why Talib tried to break his neck. He had 4 catches for 80 yards before getting knocked out in the 3rd quarter.    Talib couldn't handle Philly.  Let's make that clear.  Talib is trash.    

  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, for an undrafted kid, Philly Brown was okay. 

and he also embarrased Talib in the Super Bowl.  Which is why Talib tried to break his neck. He had 4 catches for 80 yards before getting knocked out in the 3rd quarter.    Talib couldn't handle Philly.  Let's make that clear.  Talib is trash.    

I feel you, but imagine Diggs, Adams, and Philly and Cotchery and Ginn. Dude said better WR play wouldn't have made a difference.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He never recovered from the ACL tear, and then spit in his face by getting to the super bowl. His first season was monsterous and i loved the pick. It fit the scheme more at the time, not sure Adams would have but who knows. We couldn't develop talent at WR for the longest time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it interesting that one of Adams knocks coming out of college was his route running ability.  Mainly due to the limited route tree Fresno State had him running.  Now he's the model for releases and routes that other receiver study film on and work towards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, 45catfan said:

So, let me fill you in on this dude. There is a subforum called the 'tender box' where about a handful 

Where can I find this “tender box” and does it come with extra BBQ sauce?

signed,

Kelvin B

Edited by 4Corners
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

He never recovered from the ACL tear, and then spit in his face by getting to the super bowl. His first season was monsterous and i loved the pick. It fit the scheme more at the time, not sure Adams would have but who knows. We couldn't develop talent at WR for the longest time.

Agree w this. This revisionist poo is dumb. It sure looked like KB was a good pick at the time. Panthers weren’t the only team who passed on Adams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 9:29 AM, Manna said:

KB made sense then and I still agree with the pick today. He did well and met expectations are a number 1 WR. I believe it was when his mother passed that it affected him emotionally and psychologically which led to his downfall. People cope differently and I think his way of coping just so happened to derail his NFL career. 

This is the craziest revisionist history I’ve ever seen. KB was NEVER close to a #1 WR. His separation ability is the worst I’ve ever seen in the NFL.  The one year we didn’t have him, Cam took a bunch of JAG WR’s to the Super Bowl.  GTFO #1 WR… my fuging ass

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wanted Derek Carr and Jarvis Landry instead of KB and Kony Ealy.

Yeah I know the Panthers had Cam, but a valuable backup for a few seasons before you choose to trade one of the QBs is my strategy of choice.

Aaron Rodgers makes a lot of WRs look better than they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...