• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign two players, waive one

22 minutes ago, poundaway said:

4th rounder from 2020, gone already.  He looked bad as a rookie and looked bad in preseason last year and then he got hurt.  I was thinking he wasn't going to make the team last year.

"To make room for them on the roster, they waived cornerback Troy Pride Jr. with a failed physical designation. He was their fourth-round pick in 2020, but missed all of last season with a knee injury. "

He was in the bubble last year, and it sounds like the knee might not have completely healed. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

Pride was on his way to being cut last yr before he got hurt. Guess he didn't look any better this off season

I agree he was on the bubble making the team. Preseason did not look so good & then he got hurt. Thomas-Oliver looked decent in the games he played last year. Looked like he put on some muscle after his rookie year. 

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Mistake. I like Troy over Thomas-Oliver, Westry, Melvin, and Harper. I guess we have to make room for another Baylor guy in Barnes.

Being reported he was let go with a "failed physical" designation. 

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

Mistake. I like Troy over Thomas-Oliver, Westry, Melvin, and Harper. I guess we have to make room for another Baylor guy in Barnes.

I never understood the love affair for Troy Pride Jr. 

Dude looked like butt his rookie year. It wasn't even "he looked like butt for a 4th rounder" dude just looked like butt out there. 

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, KillerKat said:

This was based on failing a physical.  He was an end of roster guy when fully healthy. I understand why they cut him, just hope he gets healthy and catches on somewhere.  It’s a tough league.