• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Bama Panther

1 hour ago, Bama Panther said:

Anybody see this one yet? I took my sons to watch it yesterday. Some plot holes. A bit of lazy storytelling. Pretty entertaining though.

I wasn't a big fan of it.  It had a different feel than a lot of Marvel movies which I was fine with.....but I don't think they did a great job w/ Wanda's story.  Got no problem w/ the overall direction and path they wanted to take her but I think they went overboard.   Think they had her turn too hard and quick coming off WandaVision.   Think the turn should of been slower.   They just flipped a switch and made her Freddy Kruger lol.  Felt too lazy. 

I think her having the TV show and doing such a great job fleshing out her character there is probably what made me not like how the movie went about the storytelling.   

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I wasn't a big fan of it.  It had a different feel than a lot of Marvel movies which I was fine with.....but I don't think they did a great job w/ Wanda's story.  Got no problem w/ the overall direction and path they wanted to take her but I think they went overboard.   Think they had her turn too hard and quick coming off WandaVision.   Think the turn should of been slower.   They just flipped a switch and made her Freddy Kruger lol.  Felt too lazy. 

I think her having the TV show and doing such a great job fleshing out her character there is probably what made me not how the movie went about the storytelling.   

I didn't watch WandaVision, so I missed that aspect of it. Regardless, I thought the storyline was a bit lazy as well. Visually, it was very entertaining. Despite the lazy Wanda storyline, I enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, Bama Panther said:

I didn't watch WandaVision, so I missed that aspect of it. Regardless, I thought the storyline was a bit lazy as well. Visually, it was very entertaining. Despite the lazy Wanda storyline, I enjoyed it.

I think WandaVision is the best of the TV stuff.   But you got to get past the first two episodes.    But overall, I think WandaVision is one of the best things done in this current phase.   

I had an open house for a while and had literally nothing to do. I thought the movie looked incredibly dumb. So clearly my expectations were just to kill time at a 10 am showing.

that said it wasn’t awful. I wasn’t itchy to just leave and just dick around on my phone in the car instead. So goal achieved.

I’m not sure how much that really says other than it’s worth it if you have nothing else to do but I wouldn’t plan a weekend movie night for it.

Edited by onmyown

Saw it with my son a couple days ago and thought it was fine. Gorgeous imagery, kind of a contrived story, some weird elements and things seemingly left open in the plot, but fine. Felt like they used this as a springboard to really open up the universe as well.

On 5/17/2022 at 11:09 PM, onmyown said:

I had an open house for a while and had literally nothing to do. I thought the movie looked incredibly dumb. So clearly my expectations were just to kill time at a 10 am showing.

that said it wasn’t awful. I wasn’t itchy to just leave and just dick around on my phone in the car instead. So goal achieved.

I’m not sure how much that really says other than it’s worth it if you have nothing else to do but I wouldn’t plan a weekend movie night for it.

Open House?

2 hours ago, onmyown said:

yes? Like selling my house and had to leave for about 5 hours so realtor could do his thing during an open house.

Ah, you weren't holding it, your agent was...gotcha.

Didn't even know that agents were still doing those?  I'm in the biz, was just curious.

40 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Ah, you weren't holding it, your agent was...gotcha.

Didn't even know that agents were still doing those?  I'm in the biz, was just curious.

Yea it didn’t turn out well, 5-6 people. But I have a house on top of a mountain out west so we knew we would attract a specialized group. But realtors are definitely doing them out here. It’s such a hot market offers come in before but realtors have a big show so everyone just bids each other up it’s insane.

That said an investor who privately saw it the night before just slapped down full cash. Wanted us out in a week.

Seems to be true investors are just buying stuff up. I always thought people were exaggerating and low and behold it happened to me.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1