• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We've made it to the bottom

Mr. Scot

We have a better roster than the Texans, Seahawks, Falcons and Bears. And probably the Lions. I think the Bears have unequivocally the worst roster. I have them with the #1 pick in the 2023 draft. But since they are "Chicago", the national media completely ignores how bad that roster is. Can you name any skill players on that team?

Remove everyone's starting QB, we are one of the better teams in the league. Unfortunately QB makes all the difference.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, amcoolio said:

We have a better roster than the Texans, Seahawks, Falcons and Bears. And probably the Lions. I think the Bears have unequivocally the worst roster. I have them with the #1 pick in the 2023 draft. But since they are "Chicago", the national media completely ignores how bad that roster is. Can you name any skill players on that team?

Remove everyone's starting QB, we are one of the better teams in the league. Unfortunately QB makes all the difference.

I feel bad for Fields.  Drafted by a bad coach who wanted to push Andy Dalton and didn’t seem to want him.   And they literally have no talent to add his development.  Even less now.

Spent their first two picks in this draft on DBs.  

It’s routine to hate on Ron and what he didn’t do for Cam….but Cam wouldn’t of been rookie of the year, MVP, etc for all 32 teams.  He at least had a coach that was at least all in on the idea of Cam.  Read option.  Everything was at least about Cam in mindset.  He just didn’t get the OL right long term and I think got blinded by super Cam.  But he came into the league with Olsen, Shockey, 89, and two decent RBs surrounding him.   It’s about where you land so often in the NFL. 

• Pie 1

Let's see how it plays out. There are a lot of us who have been pointing out that this is the direction we have been headed and no amount of whitewashing it was going to change the overall results.

Still, even I've got to admit we know nothing about how this season will really turn out at this juncture. We just had a draft, the big free agency push and the first round of rookie camps in the league. No one really can say how things will be once the pads go on and the games mean something.

While I think we're set up to fail big right now (I don't believe in the coaching/game planning/overall well-being of the team), there's also a chance that Rhule will get built what he promised, that our draft picks will pan out beautifully and that the ball will fall the right way with us this year.

I'm really torn between my optimism/hope for my team and the evidence that our team's coaching, management and ownership really don't know what they are doing.

We are living in a weird space right now.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Lmao some of you guys are insufferable. I'd love to see the past comparisons of Power Rankings in May to the final standings.

Look at the teams that were ranked 32nd in the preseason power rankings the last few years and you will see a trend. Those teams all had terrible seasons that year...maybe we'll buck the trend though.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Look at the teams that were ranked 32nd in the preseason power rankings the last few years and you will see a trend. Those teams all had terrible seasons that year...maybe we'll buck the trend though.

For the most part they aren't too far off.  ESPN had Houston 32nd in 2021 and they came in 30th.     The Bengals were 28th last year in preseason and ended up 2nd.    Not saying we're SB bound, just sayin.