• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If this doesn’t get you excited about Matt Corral, nothing will

NAS

Corral was briefly mentioned in Albert Breer's latest MMQB column as well...

You can tell talking to people there that Panthers rookie QB Matt Corral flashed real physical ability at the team’s rookie minicamp. Do I think it means he’ll wind up beating out Sam Darnold? I think, based on the relatively simple, R.P.O.-heavy offense he’s coming from, it’s way too early to even think about that yet.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, NAS said:

Took a screenshot video of the SiriusXM broadcast this morning. Chris Simms continues to heap praise about the Panthers third round pick and compares his skillset to Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers is who I think of when I see his play style.  He won’t be as good as Rodgers because let’s face it, who is?  But I’m stoked about Corral and what he can bring to the table.  The mobility and accuracy, especially while on the move, is huge.  And the guy has an edge to him that our offense has sorely been missing.  If he stays healthy and can get the mental side down, oh wee mayne

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Dude shut up. Getting real sick and tired of your negative crap and this is coming from a really negative person.  
You don’t like Corral we freaking get it. The stuff reported about his struggles was old. Really man, be better. 

I’ve changed my tune on Matt. I’m all in. I think he can succeed here with a strong locker room and competent coaching staff. The OL is already better than last season and that was a huge problem. 

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't give a rip if Corral might of had a bit too much fun early in college.  That basically describes 99% of college kids.   What matters is how he settled in.  And most importantly he has a natural leadership (which is key) and a fun style to his game.  After all, this is entertainement. 

I still remember Rhule almost bragging about Sam not needing to be a leader lol.  Yeah, the brand and his master vision. 

Thank you--the skills are there, the leadership is there---all he needs is some protection and a running game, and this guy will turn heads.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Thank you--the skills are there, the leadership is there---all he needs is some protection and a running game, and this guy will turn heads.

well, he needs more than that.  He needs playcalling.   You can have a decent OL and talent....but if you are running a predictable and unimaginative O then your talent basically all gets downgraded. 

McAdoo still has some legit redflags.  While Eli did have 2 great statistical seasons while he was OC,  McAdoo's head coaching tenure was defined by predictable and very unimaginative offense.   So there still are some question marks on if Eli (a SuperBowl/Pro Bowl ) QB simply took advatnage of OBJ being an intital problem for folks to cover and it not being create actual playcalling and scheme.   And it also makes me nervous the league almost deemed him unemployable until we gave him this OC job.  Heck, if Matt Rhule said no thanks to Ben twice being his QB coach.....then suddently his is good enough to be OC. 

• Beer 1