• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If this doesn’t get you excited about Matt Corral, nothing will

NAS

51 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Schuyler Callihan chimed in with a rookie Camp observation as well...

They really didn't throw the ball downfield much with Corral over the weekend. It was a lot of underneath stuff and some play-action that had him rolling to both sides. When he did stand firm in the pocket, he looked comfortable. The five and seven step drops are something that will take some time for him to get used to, but this offense will primarily run out of the gun anyway. On tape, Corral had one of the quickest releases I've seen. In person, it looked even quicker. It's a natural, effortless motion that is something I haven't seen before. He was very accurate with the ball and on the few shots they did take downfield, he put it right on the money. 

Link

Not sure about the shotgun thing. I don't remember enough about McAdoo's offense to know if that's true.

Callihan did also have this to say about first round pick Ikem Ekwonu's camp...

Ekwonu already looks the part. It's easy to see why everyone in the Panthers' building calls him a tone-setter. There were a couple of times that he nearly ran the guy (another lineman) holding the pad into the ground. He's just a massive human being who has tremendous strength. He'll be starting at left tackle from day one. 

I'm pretty anxious to see Corral in action. I wasn't planning on going down to training camp this year, but I'd really like to see him throw. I'd really also like to see this OL in action. We needed a tone setter like Icky and with the upgraded OL they could be fun to watch. Would really be good for the DL to have to deal with them and get ready for the bigger power OLs that they just couldn't handle. 

i'm getting the feeling that they may be tailoring the offense around Corral's skill set rather than anyone else's.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, t96 said:

I don't want to get too excited knowing that as a fan of this team over the years we'll probably be letdown but man how fuging awesome would it be if this kid is a legit franchise QB and Icky is a legit franchise LT.

Would honestly be hard for me to believe it if this happened.  Hell, if Icky is a franchise LT, I'd be happy with just that out of the draft with so few arrows in the quiver.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

I'm pretty anxious to see Corral in action. I wasn't planning on going down to training camp this year, but I'd really like to see him throw. I'd really also like to see this OL in action. We needed a tone setter like Icky and with the upgraded OL they could be fun to watch. Would really be good for the DL to have to deal with them and get ready for the bigger power OLs that they just couldn't handle. 

i'm getting the feeling that they may be tailoring the offense around Corral's skill set rather than anyone else's.

That is probably the best option given Sam and PJ dont really have a skillset to speak of. 

I guess if we did describe their skillsets, Sam would be the jitter ghost skillset, and PJ would be I played college football at Temple skillset. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, PootieNunu said:

That is probably the best option given Sam and PJ dont really have a skillset to speak of. 

I guess if we did describe their skillsets, Sam would be the jitter ghost skillset, and PJ would be I played college football at Temple skillset. 

Prince Harry Mic Drop GIF

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Took a screenshot video of the SiriusXM broadcast this morning. Chris Simms continues to heap praise about the Panthers third round pick and compares his skillset to Aaron Rodgers.

RPReplay_Final1652790654.mov 17.7 MB · 0 downloads

I believe I have been saying the same thing for a while now.  Corral reminds me a lot of a young Aaron Rodgers from when he was coming out of Cal.  In fact, Corral is a much more productive, polished overall product when both are compared at the same points in their careers.  Obviously that doesn't mean Corral will turn into current Rodgers, as thats probably impossible, but hes got the goods.  If he can put the mental side of things together quickly, we will be in good shape.  Having a starting QB on a 3rd round rookie contract will go a long way to building this team into a contender. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Josh Freeman had a pro bowl level season in 2010 on adderall just saying 

3 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Where did you hear that?

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/freeman-drug-story-shameful-particularly-if-bucs-inspired-leak/

he used it for his ADD and it was Ritalin but called Adderall...and leaking it was a classless move by one of the most classless head coaches in league history, next to Urban Meyer.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Dude shut up. Getting real sick and tired of your negative crap and this is coming from a really negative person.  
You don’t like Corral we freaking get it. The stuff reported about his struggles was old. Really man, be better. 

Use the ignore button. He's been there years for me. 

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/freeman-drug-story-shameful-particularly-if-bucs-inspired-leak/

he used it for his ADD and it was Ritalin but called Adderall...and leaking it was a classless move by one of the most classless head coaches in league history, next to Urban Meyer.

Using a medication for a disability is not drug abuse. Also I wish he would have sued them for discrimination of a disabled person and for HIPAA violations as well. 

• Pie 2