• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If this doesn’t get you excited about Matt Corral, nothing will

NAS

41 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i don't think that Rhule likes (or liked) lockerroom leaders because he wanted to be "the leader". He wanted to be the center of their universe. that poo might have flown in college, but at the pro level, you've got to have that. but that's why sammy not bring a leader was a good thing in his mind. he didn't want that kind of strong personality competing with his own.

I believe our owner shares that same sentiment that the coach should be the main attraction. I feel that is the main reason we jettisoned Cam, G-Reg, other veterans, and went on this current QB rollercoaster. A coach can be the main voice, but he has to earn respect and have a presence. Rhule looks like he has neither with anyone but some of his former college players. Even in New England, they eventually learned like everyone else that players are the main draw and determine locker room culture.

Oh I remember when we had one of the best locker room cultures in the league led by Cam, G-Reg, Luke, TD, and JNo.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Heck, if Matt Rhule said no thanks to Ben twice being his QB coach.....then suddently his is good enough to be OC. 

I would think this would be a plus considering everyone's view of Rhule. Also Rhule hired Brady:

“When I took the job, I just decided to be bold and step outside my comfort zone—someone that I knew, and went in a different direction with Joe,” said Rhule, who brought Brady aboard in early 2020 after his nationally acclaimed success at Louisiana State University.

43 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

I believe our owner shares that same sentiment that the coach should be the main attraction. I feel that is the main reason we jettisoned Cam, G-Reg, other veterans, and went on this current QB rollercoaster. A coach can be the main voice, but he has to earn respect and have a presence. Rhule looks like he has neither with anyone but some of his former college players. Even in New England, they eventually learned like everyone else that players are the main draw and determine locker room culture.

Oh I remember when we had one of the best locker room cultures in the league led by Cam, G-Reg, Luke, TD, and JNo.

yeah, I mean there is a poster going around claiming Matt Rhule inherited a horrible situation because he lost all these leaders and former greats when got here.  However.... 

what that poster continues to ignore is Matt Rhule straight up cut them all.  He inhertied leadership and he choose to send them all packing (Luke being the lone exception.  And Luke was probably just too smart to sacrifice his body for the clown show). 

Rhule inherited Cam - Rhule cut him

Rhule inherited Olsen - Rhule cut him

Rhule inherited Reid - Rhule cut him. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, I mean there is a poster going around claim Matt Rhule inherited a horrible situation because he lost all these leaders and former greats when got here.  However.... 

what that poster continues to ignore is Matt Rhule straight up cut them all.  He inhertied leadership and he choose to send them all packing (Luke being the lone exception.  And Luke was probably just too smart to sacrifice his body for the clown show). 

Rhule inherited Cam - Rhule cut him

Rhule inherited Olsen - Rhule cut him

Rhule inherited Reid - Rhule cut him. 

He wants to create a team in his pudgy image.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, rebelrouser said:

I would think this would be a plus considering everyone's view of Rhule. Also Rhule hired Brady:

“When I took the job, I just decided to be bold and step outside my comfort zone—someone that I knew, and went in a different direction with Joe,” said Rhule, who brought Brady aboard in early 2020 after his nationally acclaimed success at Louisiana State University.

I don't think McAdoo is good.  Better fit for Rhule than Brady though.  There is that.  But McAdoo is basically getting the same treatment as our GM.  Everyone not named Matt Rhule basically gets a bump they don't deserve. 

as soon as Coughlin was out of the picture, McAdoo oversaw horrific offense as the HC of the Giants once Coughlin was gone.  People downplay that Coughlin was a very solid NFL coach. Probably the higher end of the Fox/Rivera tier.   He just wasn't likable.  I think it is overplayed that a Super Bowl/Pro Bowl QB was able to have success while McAdoo was OC and that is the only part of his story now told.   He couldn't land an OC gig after he left NY.  And he could only land a position coach gig with the worst team in the NFL.  

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Nothing to lose by making Matt Corall your starter NOW.

At least everyone knows their role from day one. F' the ceremony.

Sam had his chance. Let the kid play. He CAN do it. 

Right, we should name a 3rd round rookie the starter before he has ever participated a real NFL practice. That's not a recipe for disaster. Even if that is the goal, no one would gain anything by trying to do that right now.

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Wait, it was a bad thing that Cam, Olsen and Reid got cut? They’ve done nothing since they got cut to make them bad decisions for the money being paid. Honestly, we wasted a lot of money keeping Greg happy for two years that confirmed he wasn’t the same anymore.

The only leadership we lost from a player who could contribute at a high level was Kuechly.

We certainly haven’t replaced the leadership well and hopefully Corral comes up big for us in the future, but I don’t see any of the three cuts as mistakes.

Haahahahahahahahha! So the 80million, four draft pics, we have wasted/used in the meantime for 10 overall wins is something you don't see as a mistake? 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

34 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

I think Tepper enjoys the spotlight, but he wants a QB that can win games with means he needs to be a leader.  He was the one behind bringing Cam back and also wanted to go all in on Deshaun Watson, both are leaders of their teams and would outshine Rhule.  I'm thinking a lot of Tepper's excitement is being a new owner and it will wear off sooner or later and he will sit back and let his staff do their jobs once they prove they are able to do so.  

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't think McAdoo is good.  Better fit for Rhule than Brady though.  There is that.  But McAdoo is basically getting the same treatment as our GM.  Everyone not named Matt Rhule basically gets a bump they don't deserve. 

as soon as Coughlin was out of the picture, McAdoo oversaw horrific offense as the HC of the Giants once Coughlin was gone.  People downplay that Coughlin was a very solid NFL coach. Probably the higher end of the Fox/Rivera tier.   He just wasn't likable.  I think it is overplayed that a Super Bowl/Pro Bowl QB was able to have success while McAdoo was OC and that is the only part of his story now told.   He couldn't land an OC gig after he left NY.  And he could only land a position coach gig with the worst team in the NFL.  

Here's his chance to reinvent himself. Hopefully he is more humble and harder working this time. I'd say his taking over the QB room almost immediately tells you he going to be very hands on with Corral especially which to me is a very good thing for both of them right now.

McAdoo if he gets Corral out there playing like a champ, will redeem himself in a way. If he turns this #32(lol) offense around he can prove to the NFL that he's HC material again.

I'm rooting for the guy. I hope he can shock the world with Matt Corral. The potential is there. You make this kid believe in himself day one. The Panthers were the team that traded up to get him because THEY believed after everyone else passed.

That's a Aaron Rodgers sized chip I'd like to see him exercise much sooner rather than later because Brett Favre is NOT on this roster, not in the least.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Right, we should name a 3rd round rookie the starter before he has ever participated a real NFL practice. That's not a recipe for disaster. Even if that is the goal, no one would gain anything by trying to do that right now.

Russel Wilson.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

There was a three or four year gap in employment before he got one of those jobs.

I might add that an employment gap is not necessarily because people are not interested in hiring a person.  There are plenty of legit reasons why folks take " time off. "

• Beer 1