• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If this doesn’t get you excited about Matt Corral, nothing will

NAS

Just now, usmcpanthers said:

Im for any QB as long as it isnt Darnold.

This feels like Chicago last year.  The smart play was to go all in on Fields in camp.  Cater an O to  what he does well.  Yet the coach stubbornly wanted to pointlessly roll Dalton out there.  Then inserted Fields into the Dalton O when forced into it. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, XClown1986 said:

Right, we should name a 3rd round rookie the starter before he has ever participated a real NFL practice. That's not a recipe for disaster. Even if that is the goal, no one would gain anything by trying to do that right now.

Combine that with a rookie LT.  Those first few games the LT will face Myles Garrett, Cameron Jordan, J.J. Watt, Nick Bosa and Kayvon Thibodeaux.  If we start Ikem at LT day one, which is looking likely, it will be baptism by fire. 

• Pie 1

Top five QB prospect by draft score

I don't know how much next gen stats means to real life football, but this boy might as too the excitement most of us feel about our new QB.

For me one of the most important differences to Darnold is his demeanor. He had his struggles (not alcohol but the depression) and has matured trough it. He seems a lot more comfortable in his own skin than Sam, much more in command of his fate.

We might have found something. I am officially aboard the hype train! Train Hype GIF

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

lol The irony in this statement is palpable.

Why don't you just go let of some steam of go poo some posts lol.  

I mean, I thought the Mrs. Rhule joke was pretty good.    

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Why don't you just go let of some steam of go poo some posts lol.  

I mean, I thought the Mrs. Rhule joke was pretty good.    

Ya, insulting a guys manhood. That's always funny. Maybe next time use an lol. I mean, if it was supposed to be funny and all.

You used a lol when you told me to poo off. Now that was funny.

Edited by iamhubby1

5 minutes ago, 1v0 said:

Top five QB prospect by draft score

I don't know how much next gen stats means to real life football, but this boy might as too the excitement most of us feel about our new QB.

For me one of the most important differences to Darnold is his demeanor. He had his struggles (not alcohol but the depression) and has matured trough it. He seems a lot more comfortable in his own skin than Sam, much more in command of his fate.

We might have found something. I am officially aboard the hype train! Train Hype GIF

That gif is mesmerizing. Make it stop. lol

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

Ya, insulting a guys manhood. That's always funny. Maybe next time use an lol. I mean, if it was supposed to be funny and all.

Jokes are even less funny if I have to explain the joke.  The joke isn't a shot at someone's "manhood".   It is a joke referencing how fiercely  committed to defending Matt Rhule someone is.  

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I still think The Golden Calf of Bristol could of been a great football player.  Just not a QB.  If he was willing and Skip Bayless and the media would just of allowed him to be roleplayer. 

His personality wouldn’t allow it. You know the type - overly flamboyant about how humble, down to earth, and spiritual he is.

Those are usually red flags for an arrogant, better than thou, hard headed type that general does not like facts or opinions that don’t aline with his own.

Not unique.

But I do agree with you if those traits in the first paragraph actually were true/not toxic, he would’ve been good.

30 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I am ready to see the qbs in action. I don't need any more hype videos.  Can't wait for August to get here.

I agree.  Camp should be fun though.  Ikem V Burns should be educational.  Corral better get at least some reps with the ones.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, poundaway said:

I hope what their saying is true and the best player will win  the position.    I hope Corral tears it up in camp.  If its close, Sam's going to start.  

Darnold will start the 1st game and will look like ass until half time. Corral will come in for the 2nd half and lead us all the way to the SB.

Wouldn't that be amazing?

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1