• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kurt Warner on The Herd, talking about our new QB.

16 hours ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

Yeah of course the missing context is the fact that all of Ole Miss' best wide receivers were hurt by the end of the year. He was throwing to 2nd and 3rd stringers.

And really all I remember are Matt Corral tossing bombs. Like this one play might be one of my Rebel favorites of all time (because Kiffen is a Ric Flair level heel)

Lane tossin' clipboards

Mario Cristobal was the right choice for the Hurricanes, but there was a part of me that was ready to embrace the Lane Kiffin hate. He wanted the job BADLY.

12 hours ago, onmyown said:

Write up: 

Essence of the video: Corrall is excellent at short throws between the hashes, superb quick release and operating play action. Will/can excel in a specialized offense, wasn’t asked to do much more at Ole Miss.

Struggles with 15-35 yard ‘mid level throws’ with accuracy and touch. (Warner) To be a difference maker, a franchise guy, those throws are what make the difference and in order to have success in the NFL a QB will have to make those throws consistently.

Thanks for this.  Don't know why it took this long to know what was said haha

12 hours ago, onmyown said:

Write up: 

Essence of the video: Corrall is excellent at short throws between the hashes, superb quick release and operating play action. Will/can excel in a specialized offense, wasn’t asked to do much more at Ole Miss.

Struggles with 15-35 yard ‘mid level throws’ with accuracy and touch. (Warner) To be a difference maker, a franchise guy, those throws are what make the difference and in order to have success in the NFL a QB will have to make those throws consistently.

I've heard him say the same elsewhere. However, he is literally the only one I've heard say that he was bad at the mid level throws. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Mario Cristobal was the right choice for the Hurricanes, but there was a part of me that was ready to embrace the Lane Kiffin hate. He wanted the job BADLY.

Yeah I've come to accept the fact that the Lane Train will eventually be leaving Ole Miss....but damn it's a fun ride while it's here. He's Steve Spurrier with a social media presence. I don't care if he leaves us high and dry and under investigation (again), it's been a damn fun ride while the Visor has been here. 

• Pie 1

onmyown summed it up earlier quite well.

Warner does not say anything terrible.  He likes Corral's mechanics and compact deliver, he thinks he's good on the short throws, but "thought he struggled with accuracy" on mid-level throws and pointed out the importance of them in the NFL.

Then he said "they didn't ask him to do certain things," not implying he couldn't, but the offense did not ask that of him.

I don't see the huge show of disrespect.  He said a guy selected in the third round has something he needs to work on or improve on.  He didn't say he couldn't do it, he didn't laugh at him, he didn't say he would have been a good pick in the fifth round.

But then again, I do not expect to see Corral in preseason or when the games count and immediately see mental images of Steve Young or John Elway.  Like every other QB coming into the NFL, he will be a mixture of things he does well and things he needs to work on. 

Darnold is that, too, it's just the thing he does well is throw interceptions.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I've heard him say the same elsewhere. However, he is literally the only one I've heard say that he was bad at the mid level throws. 

Not sure why everyone is so up in arms. He is one voice out of hundreds. 

If you look at his game film. He hits those throws well. That is not a part of his game i am worried about.

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

Why wouldn’t we play Matt Corral in the preseason? 

Not saying we won't.  The entire sentence plays in: I don't expect to see him in preseason (or the regular season) and say to myself "geez, he looks like Steve Young or John Elway."

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Not saying we won't.  The entire sentence plays in: I don't expect to see him in preseason (or the regular season) and say to myself "geez, he looks like Steve Young or John Elway."

Unfortunately, at this point in time. That is the Huddle in a nutshell. "I do have a plan. Attack."

There are a poo ton of short fuses up in here. And I hate that I cannot say mine is any longer. 

Civility, empathy, and caring are all traits that seem to be disappearing. Abe Lincoln once said "I will give no ill will to any man." And I hate that I have lost sight of that. (I did a HS report on him, and have always tried to emulate that approach.)

The negativity is waning, and the excitement level is rising. Hopefully, that will bring about a more civil discourse. 

Sorry for the tangent. I do enjoy your posting style. Live long and prosper. And have a blessed HumpDay.😀

• Beer 1

52 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

lol.  my bad.  That makes sense.  

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, KSpan said:

Underthrew the route by a solid 7-10 yards, but still a nice play.

When you have a guy that wide open you are just making sure he catches it.  No need to hit him in stride.  You make sure he has a good ball to catch.   No question of whether it would be a TD or not.  

I've seen some of his other videos where he hit the receiver in stride.

Warren may have more access to all of Corral's throws and not just the highlighrt reels we see.  Obviously, poor throws won't be included.

It will be interesting to see in real game action whether Warren is right or wrong. 

17 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Unfortunately, at this point in time. That is the Huddle in a nutshell. "I do have a plan. Attack."

There are a poo ton of short fuses up in here. And I hate that I cannot say mine is any longer. 

Civility, empathy, and caring are all traits that seem to be disappearing. Abe Lincoln once said "I will give no ill will to any man." And I hate that I have lost sight of that. (I did a HS report on him, and have always tried to emulate that approach.)

The negativity is waning, and the excitement level is rising. Hopefully, that will bring about a more civil discourse. 

Sorry for the tangent. I do enjoy your posting style. Live long and prosper. And have a blessed HumpDay.😀

So you're back to using every post to complain about every other post complaining again? 

how about talking about the team instead of all the other posters whose contributions you don't appreciate or agree with? 

give it a rest. you don't earn any awesome fan points for standing up against the team's criticisms. and before you say it... you don't have to criticize the team. you can support them and that's fine. everyone's opinion of the team is fine. that's all it is, opinions. if it's too much negativity for you and you can't handle it, then just avoid the place. if it's too toxic...avoid the place. 

not just you, but all those others who all they can find to do is complain about other people's posting rather than actually commenting on the team. it's ok to be happy with the team and feel optimistic, it's a valid mindset, but so is not being happy about the team and not feeling optimistic. 

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

So you're back to using every post to complain about every other post complaining again? 

how about talking about the team instead of all the other posters whose contributions you don't appreciate or agree with? 

give it a rest. you don't earn any awesome fan points for standing up against the team's criticisms. and before you say it... you don't have to criticize the team. you can support them and that's fine. everyone's opinion of the team is fine. that's all it is, opinions. if it's too much negativity for you and you can't handle it, then just avoid the place. if it's too toxic...avoid the place. 

not just you, but all those others who all they can find to do is complain about other people's posting rather than actually commenting on the team. it's ok to be happy with the team and feel optimistic, it's a valid mindset, but so is not being happy about the team and not feeling optimistic. 

So...After all the complaining, backstabbing, name calling, and @Mr. Scotinsults. I get called into HR?

I will endeavor from this moment on, to raise my level of posting.

40 minutes ago, CRA said:

lol.  my bad.  That makes sense.  

Well, now let's no overdo it!  Remember, it was me that posted that, so consider the source 🤡

I have hopes for Corral.  Right now, I don't want him to start right away.  That has more to do with nightmares of watching QBs get pounded by our OL than any commentary on him.  My concern about giving him PTSD before his third start is complete go away quickly if our improved OL really performs like an improved OL.  I think it will be improved, but I have thought that before and been sorely disappointed. I want to see it.

Corral could be anywhere between out of the league in five years to good starter, but I have more hopes for him than I have had for any of our QBs in a long time.  We'd probably have to go back to Cam's first game or two.  I'm not saying Corral can be Cam, but we have not had a QB on the roster since....or several years before that was worth a lot of hope.