• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still need more RB depth

CRA

39 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

This is the correct answer. @CRA just found something new to complain about. He is so far down the rabbit hole, he may never see daylight again.

Did you even read what he wrote? All CRA is saying here is that neither Form an nor Hubbard have all-around skillsets like CMC, and that we saw last year how Abdullah provided the playstyle most similar to CMC because he could do both. As such, getting someone like that who isn't one-dimensional would be ideal.

It's a valid thought if this offense shakes out like it's appearing it may do and there is no real negativity or complaining anywhere in that post. 

Edited by KSpan
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Yuppers. Now if he had said WR, or DT, or heck even TE, or DE I might agree with needing some depth. But RB?

If CMC goes down and we play Matt Corral….we don’t have the backfield in place for him to be successful IMO.   And if we play Matt Corral and CMC is healthy it might be beneficial to give CMC a fair amount of slot WR looks.  

Specifically brought it up because it isn’t an obvious spot or conversation.  

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

If CMC does down and we play Matt Corral….we don’t have the backfield in place for him to be successful IMO.   And if we play Matt Corral and CMC is healthy it might be beneficial to give CMC a fair amount of slot WR looks.  

Specifically brought it up because it isn’t an obvious spot or conversation.  

You are seeing Ghosts where there aren't any. 

We have more depth there than any position other than maybe Oline, and DBs. 

You have this idea that there is such a thing as a "Matt Corall centric Offense". And you just know our RBs don't fit that scheme. 

Like I said. You are seeing Ghosts.

Maybe we can wait to see what type of Offense we run, before we call for replacement players?

Edited by iamhubby1

6 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You are seeing Ghosts where there aren't any. 

We have more depth there than any position other than maybe Oline, and DBs. 

You have this idea that there is such a thing as a "Matt Corall centric Offense". And you just know our RBs don't fit that scheme. 

Like I said. You are seeing Ghosts.

Maybe we can wait to see what type of Offense we run, before we call for replacement players?

It is a valid concern given the past 2 years the offense was centered around CMC being the #1 option and he missed most of both seasons.

I dont want to see a repeat either, maybe you are ok with rolling the dice on him staying healthy, but I hope our offense has a more varied approach this season. 

When your lead back hasn't played a full season in 3 years the position will never be solidified. It would not hurt to have a fallback option down the line. Everyone wants McCaffrey to play a full season but we all know we will be waiting for the inevitable possibility.

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

It is a valid concern given the past 2 years the offense was centered around CMC being the #1 option and he missed most of both seasons.

I dont want to see a repeat either, maybe you are ok with rolling the dice on him staying healthy, but I hope our offense has a more varied approach this season. 

We have RB depth. Injuries happen. If you want to worry about a position group hurting after an injury? Let's talk WR, or LB. Hellz Bellz that Dline is glue and tape.

Complaining without a solution is just bit(hing. And right now, there is no way to fix this COMPLAINT.

I agree with the original post.  We need to be deeper here.  The problem is Chuba is a tail back with the worst hands, possibly in the league.   His blocking fits his size, which isn't big.  If we can't use him on passing downs and  rotate him we telegraph what we're doing, which is what happened last year with Abdullah.  They would literally leave Chuba uncovered, knowing he'd drop it.

I get he was a rookie, but if he can't catch this year, he needs to be gone.  We need that spot.

I agree we need to bring in somebody.

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

RBs are not a dime a dozen -- which is why the Panthers were 4-3 with CMC and 1-9 without him last year. That said, it's also about how you maximize their talents, which Rhule cannot do and refuses to do. The ones who are on the roster, presently, though, are good enough to handle the job between CMC, Foreman and Hubbard.

When people say that I think they are referring to average capable RBs.  We signed a midseason FA RB in Abdullah who did quite well.  RBs like CMC, Kamara, Cook etc are in a different class, if they can stay healthy they are game changers.  

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

RBs are not a dime a dozen -- which is why the Panthers were 4-3 with CMC and 1-9 without him last year.

It has to do with the differential with your backup RB.  Rhule's and/or  Brady's mistake was thinking Chuba and CMC were interchangeable.  They weren't.  When CMC went down in 2020, we won our first game with Mike Davis.  There is a drop off from CMC to Davis but there is a cliff of cosmic proportions from CMC to Chuba.  We stopped targeting Chuba all together as the season dragged on. 

How was that O going to function without a reliable check down target?  It wasn't and it didn't. 

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

That's literally all you do: complain about posters' complaints. I'm not sure what satisfaction you derive from  being so self-righteous all the time.

I'm not sure taking someone's words out of context is the best way to start a discussion.