Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Still need more RB depth


CRA
 Share

Recommended Posts

Obviously, we have a CMC who can do literally anything.  But based on history I think the roster has to be built where you have a plan for if he goes down for an extended period. 

We brought in D'onta Foreman.  A power back.   Which is fine.   He would have fit in very nice for what Matt Rhule really wanted to do about midway through last season.  Take the ball out of the QBs hands and just hand it off and grind it out. He talked about it alot.  We rarely did it.  

We also have Hubbard, which while he isn't a power running RB he is almost exclusively a runner at this point.  Needs a lot of work on his hands being a complete and diverse RB at this stage. 

But is that really a great fit if we do go to a scheme built to cater to Matt Corral at some point this season.  Is that a fit for what McAdoo had success doing as an OC with Eli?  Corral like so many are most comfortable and at their best playing out of the shotgun.   Same w/ Eli when McAdoo was the OC in 2014 and 2015.  Seems like if you combined what Corral does well and what McAdoo did well in NY.....we would need to be running a lot of our O out of the shotgun w/ a RB suited for a lot of zone read style playaction looks and with hands.  Not sure we have anyone on the roster behind CMC that really suits that. 

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haven't Rhule (or was it Fitterer?) mentioned that DJ Moore is versatile and can run the ball also? 🙈

I think it was related to a question before or after the draft regarding adding more competition for the RB spots.

So there is the answer I think... 

 

This is a good topic. Are there any other RB signed to the 90 roster beside those already mentioned in the first post?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kass said:

Haven't Rhule (or was it Fitterer?) mentioned that DJ Moore is versatile and can run the ball also? 🙈

I think it was related to a question before or after the draft regarding adding more competition for the RB spots.

So there is the answer I think... 

 

This is a good topic. Are there any other RB signed to the 90 roster beside those already mentioned in the first post?

I hadn't heard that before.  To me, that sounds like a bad answer to the question.   He might could handle a random end around. 

But we need a RB that can sit back in shotgun, deal w/ read playaction looks, pass protect, all that jazz.  DJ Moore (while one of my favorites), ain't that guy. 

  • Poo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I hadn't heard that before.  To me, that sounds like a bad answer to the question.   He might could handle a random end around. 

But we need a RB that can sit back in shotgun, deal w/ read playaction looks, pass protect, all that jazz.  DJ Moore (while one of my favorites), ain't that guy. 

It was mentioned in a press conference. I would love to see DJ get more touches like how Deebo was used last year. Ideally thats how we should have used Curtis. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kass said:

Haven't Rhule (or was it Fitterer?) mentioned that DJ Moore is versatile and can run the ball also? 🙈

I think it was related to a question before or after the draft regarding adding more competition for the RB spots.

So there is the answer I think... 

 

This is a good topic. Are there any other RB signed to the 90 roster beside those already mentioned in the first post?

That's not a great solution if CMC goes down though. You don't want to be moving your #1 WR to RB for very many snaps. Typically they've used Moore on Jet sweeps/end arounds kind of plays.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d rather see what Spencer Brown has, as well as the other young guys on the camp roster.  No need to invest more money at the position when Foreman and Hubbard are both capable backups.  

  • Beer 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Huddle has said, YOU have said "Productive RBs are a dime a dozen". So why now are we all of a sudden worried about the RB position? 

 

Stupid question right? We aren't worried about the RB position. It's just another attempt to rile up the troops. Negativity is the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

It was mentioned in a press conference. I would love to see DJ get more touches like how Deebo was used last year. Ideally thats how we should have used Curtis. 

that's still more of a gadget/infusion to a ground attack though.   If CMC is done and we were to run a heavy gun look that was a mix of what Corral/McAdoo have done well? We would need a legit RB that fits it full time.  

I mean, you could still sprinkle some Deboo type looks into that I guess. 

  • Poo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

I’d rather see what Spencer Brown has, as well as the other young guys on the camp roster.  No need to invest more money at the position when Foreman and Hubbard are both capable backups.  

 

This is the correct answer. @CRA just found something new to complain about. He is so far down the rabbit hole, he may never see daylight again.

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

The Huddle has said, YOU have said "Productive RBs are a dime a dozen". So why now are we all of a sudden worried about the RB position? 

 

Stupid question right? We aren't worried about the RB position. It's just another attempt to rile up the troops. Negativity is the way.

I have said you don't need to pay RBs big money.  Which you don't.  You can find them rather easily that can produce.  We don't have one presently on the roster, CMC went down, that fits the type scheme that was suggested in the first post.  Which would be a blend of what Corral did at Ole Miss and McAdoo did well in NY.  Mix those together it isn't isn't an offense catered toward a power runner IMO.

Best RB last year for us was the random kid we signed from Minny.  He was diverse.  Could do it all.  Was the best overall RB we had on our roster once CMC went down. 

Nothing negative in this thread buddy.  Matt Rhule done given you a sickness.  That's all you looking for. 


 

 

  • Poo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I have said you don't need to pay RBs big money.  Which you don't.  You can find them rather easily that can produce.  We don't have one presently on the roster, CMC went down, that fits the type scheme that was suggested in the first post.  Which would be a blend of what Corral did at Ole Miss and McAdoo did well in NY.  Mix those together it isn't isn't an offense catered toward a power runner IMO.

Best RB last year for us was the random kid we signed from Minny.  He was diverse.  Could do it all.  Was the best overall RB we had on our roster once CMC went down. 

Nothing negative in this thread buddy.  Matt Rhule done given you a sickness.  That's all you looking for. 


 

 

 

So...RBs are a dime a dozen. Got it.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...