• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?

iamhubby1

With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?

• NO.
    • MAYBE. After all, we are still young.
    • YES

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

So...because you failed to tell us how you voted, we are left to guess. And by this post? I'mma say it's a solid no for you?

we are not a plug in Matt Stafford and ready to contend type team in 2022.   We aren't a QB away in 2022. 

Dline is an issue. Pass rushers and run stopping. On paper I don’t see it being even close to playoff caliber. Also not feeling the LBs.

Personally, I don’t think Moore is a #1 and Robby sucks ass. Moore will have to stop giving up on routes and blocking and Anderson will have to catch passes, along with cmc stay healthy, if this team is going to outscore opponents with a true 1.

But other than those - pretty solid all around.

Biggest hinderance imo is that Dline…not liking it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, CRA said:

we are not a plug in Matt Stafford and ready to contend type team in 2022.   We aren't a QB away in 2022. 

That's fine that you think that. Just know you are not in the majority according to the poll.

And for the record. Put Stafford on this team, and we absolutely can compete. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Ah yea the good old argument…

Burrow became the 5th QB in 23 years to go to the Super Bowl with an oline ranked that bad and if only we had a qb we could have been that team lol

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

Dline is an issue. Pass rushers and run stopping. On paper I don’t see it being even close to playoff caliber. Also not feeling the LBs.

Personally, I don’t think Moore is a #1 and Robby sucks ass. Moore will have to stop giving up on routes and blocking and Anderson will have to catch passes, along with cmc stay healthy, if this team is going to outscore opponents with a true 1.

But other than those - pretty solid all around.

Biggest hinderance imo is that Dline…not liking it.

I  don't think you are alone in worrying about that front 7. However, we were 9 in yards per rush last year. If we can stay near that, the run D isn't bad. The only fear I have is rushing the passer. We have some talent there, they just need to step up.

8 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Sorry, but as long as Ruhle is the HC this team is not going to be contending for anything but a top 10 pick 

Sorry you feel that way. By the way. How will you feel if we are outside a top 10 pick? What if, heaven forbid, this team actually plays well? 

After all, Hope springs eternal.

Edited by iamhubby1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The question is how much our of our 2020-2022 draft talent pans out.

I know you are far less optimistic about our draft picks but I think many of them have a chance to contribute to this team this year.  While many may not start, I do believe they have to the potential to contribute more than they did the previous year. 

D. Brown - Solid but not as productive as as first rounder should be.  Maybe he improves his stats.

Gross-Matos - The key to the 2020 draft.  DE's usually show up in year 3 (aka CJ)

Chinn - I would like to see us use him more like we did in 2020 than last year

Pride and Robinson are gone

Roy - would love to see him step up some more this season.  He's a load in the middle.

STO - not a bad pick up considering he's a round 7 choice

Horn - Should pick up where he left off.  Was doing well as a rookie

Marshall - I think he was in the rookie doghouse and hopefully he steps up.  I have high hopes for him.

Christensen - He'll start inside or will be a quality backup for guard or tackle.

Tremble - McAdoo likes using TEs so I expect more production out of him as well.

Hubbard - Some don't care much for him but I believe with an offensive line built to run the ball, Hubbard is going to show his worth.

NIxon - IMO really needs to be that player that steps up in his second year.  We lost some really good players off the D-Line and he could really help our D-line, ALOT.

Taylor - he'll be in on certain packages and will also be quality depth if someone goes down

D. Brown - He's like Marshall in the rookie doghouse.  We brought in alot of O-line talent but he could fight for a starting position.  I am really interested to see what Campen will do with him.

Shi Smith - (don't want S. Smith some one might think 89) His legal trouble might bounce him.  He would be #4 receiver and I hope like Marshall he steps up too.

Fletcher - MEH

Hoskins - Like Nixon he can really help our D-line if he can find his way into the rotation and produce.

Icky - Along with Moton we are going to have trend setters on this team.  I really like his attitude and he seems nasty as hell.

Corral - I believe he is going to make 31 other team scratch their heads on why they passed on him and us for passing on him for 2 rounds.  There is just something about him that makes me feel he is going to be an awesome QB.  Hopefully, Rhule doesn't play the veteran card at QB.  I think Corral will beat Darnold out.

**CJ Henderson - We gave up this years 3rd for him and as Fitterer says he's our 3rd round pick.  I think Wilks is going to get him on the right track and we'll have probably the best secondary we've ever had. 

Mays - I honestly think this may have been a Campen pick.  He may be the steal of the draft for us.  In this run oriented offense he is a perfect piece and should at minimum be a solid backup.  

B. Smith, Barno and Barnes we're drafted for their athleticism and I don't expect too much from them but I surely would love to see Smith show up.

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

My only fear is that Rhule won't play Corall even after he learns the playbook, and can run some practices. Corall has to earn that start asap.

Yeah, that front 7 is a tad shaky right now. There is talent there, so there is a chance we can improve. Cuz if that front 7 plays well, that D could be really good.

We really have no idea how Rhule will handle a rookie QB, because we've never had a rookie QB under him.  He might be the type of guy to just throw him out there Week 1 if he beats Sam out.  You never know...

• Beer 3

Just now, CRA said:

we also played a pretty soft schedule last season.  So I suspect life will be much harder on a defense that likely took a step back coming into this season. 

We are supposed to learn from the past. Not fear it. Nothing that happened last year matters. This is a new year. New challenges. Let's worry about what's in front of us. Not what is behind us.

• Beer 1

We will be better this year. How much better is a function of our new coaches. The defense will be good as the back end will help the front end this year. Plus if the offense is only average we should win 7 or 8 games this year.  Not contending but surely improving.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I know you are far less optimistic about our draft picks but I think many of them have a chance to contribute to this team this year.  While many may not start, I do believe they have to the potential to contribute more than they did the previous year. 

D. Brown - Solid but not as productive as as first rounder should be.  Maybe he improves his stats.

Gross-Matos - The key to the 2020 draft.  DE's usually show up in year 3 (aka CJ)

Chinn - I would like to see us use him more like we did in 2020 than last year

Pride and Robinson are gone

Roy - would love to see him step up some more this season.  He's a load in the middle.

STO - not a bad pick up considering he's a round 7 choice

Horn - Should pick up where he left off.  Was doing well as a rookie

Marshall - I think he was in the rookie doghouse and hopefully he steps up.  I have high hopes for him.

Christensen - He'll start inside or will be a quality backup for guard or tackle.

Tremble - McAdoo likes using TEs so I expect more production out of him as well.

Hubbard - Some don't care much for him but I believe with an offensive line built to run the ball, Hubbard is going to show his worth.

NIxon - IMO really needs to be that player that steps up in his second year.  We lost some really good players off the D-Line and he could really help our D-line, ALOT.

Taylor - he'll be in on certain packages and will also be quality depth if someone goes down

D. Brown - He's like Marshall in the rookie doghouse.  We brought in alot of O-line talent but he could fight for a starting position.  I am really interested to see what Campen will do with him.

Shi Smith - (don't want S. Smith some one might think 89) His legal trouble might bounce him.  He would be #4 receiver and I hope like Marshall he steps up too.

Fletcher - MEH

Hoskins - Like Nixon he can really help our D-line if he can find his way into the rotation and produce.

Icky - Along with Moton we are going to have trend setters on this team.  I really like his attitude and he seems nasty as hell.

Corral - I believe he is going to make 31 other team scratch their heads on why they passed on him and us for passing on him for 2 rounds.  There is just something about him that makes me feel he is going to be an awesome QB.  Hopefully, Rhule doesn't play the veteran card at QB.  I think Corral will beat Darnold out.

**CJ Henderson - We gave up this years 3rd for him and as Fitterer says he's our 3rd round pick.  I think Wilks is going to get him on the right track and we'll have probably the best secondary we've ever had. 

Mays - I honestly think this may have been a Campen pick.  He may be the steal of the draft for us.  In this run oriented offense he is a perfect piece and should at minimum be a solid backup.  

B. Smith, Barno and Barnes we're drafted for their athleticism and I don't expect too much from them but I surely would love to see Smith show up.

Damm, that seems legit to me. Bring it on