• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?

iamhubby1

With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?

• NO.
    • MAYBE. After all, we are still young.
    • YES

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

The best solution to the QB puzzle, is Matt Corral. Hes under contract control for 4 years at 5 million total.......

I listen to a few panther reports and one was feeling was "Ive learned not to over-hype rookie camp and such" "ive seen the highlights and heard the reports about his lighting release, in person it felt faster and the fastest Ive ever seen, like a blur".

I liked him just the same as the other 2 QBs, would be a gift if he turns out to be a legit NFL QB.

FYI- Sam Darnold has never played a full season, so at some point Corral may get to start. 

I've watched a bunch of his games over the last few years. He always played like he had a fire in his pants. But man, the kid can play. At least in college. Let's see how the pros treat him?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I've watched a bunch of his games over the last few years. He always played like he had a fire in his pants. But man, the kid can play. At least in college. Let's see how the pros treat him?

@Green-Ghost followed him and loooonnnng before draft thought he could be special. He looks a gamer, like if you need to get TD, FG range, or burn clock hes able. He impressed me with what felt like it was a one-man show vs SEC stud-filled defenses. He was the main reason for the 10 win season.

I needed a shot of hopium. Coming out of the draft with Ickey and Corral while not having a 2nd or 3rd headed in, thank you football gods!!

Going hold off the real hype til PS games, but I want to go HYPE crazy, just know better. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

@Green-Ghost followed him and loooonnnng before draft thought he could be special. He looks a gamer, like if you need to get TD, FG range, or burn clock hes able. He impressed me with what felt like it was a one-man show vs SEC stud-filled defenses. He was the main reason for the 10 win season.

I needed a shot of hopium. Coming out of the draft with Ickey and Corral while not having a 2nd or 3rd headed in, thank you football gods!!

Going hold off the real hype til PS games, but I want to go HYPE crazy, just know better. 

This is the time of year for excitement. Let the rest sort itself out.

2 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

On the offensive side of the ball they'll be but not on the defense. The LB core and D-line are missing some key positions.

That front 7 is concerning. But there are some talented kids out there. We were 9th in yards per carry last year. If we can maintain that level? We should be good to go.

The pass rush is sketchy. But again, there is talent there. So who knows?

But yeah, that front 7 could be a problem.

56 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Based on history we have a damn good idea.   

What about the history of Fitts drafting a QB in the 3rd? Honestly the odds of ANY drafted QB becoming an elite franchise guy are slim.

On a side note one could argue the most promising rookie QB in that loaded class last year was David Mills who was drafted in the 3rd. He did more with less talent around him than any of the others IMO. Corral should have as good of a chance as any prospect. He is being treated like a high round pick despite where he was drafted. He should have a lot of talent protecting him on the OL with some nice weapons in Moore and CMC (Marshall will hopefully contribute this year). McAdoo is going to be in his ear every practice sharing what he learned coaching a great QB in Rodgers. If we traded down and picked Corral later in the first (which very easily could have happened) we would be expecting him to be the guy. We got lucky and snagged him in the 3rd PLUS Icky to protect his blind side. Let’s sit back and actually enjoy this offseason, because so far it’s been a promising one. 

• Beer 1

The kid should have been QB1 this year before Pickett came out of nowhere for one good season and boom, our guy gets knocked into the third because of rumors.

Let us bask in this blessing on not look a gift QB in the mouth. A UDFA took us to the Superbowl at QB and he played against the best 6th round QB ever.

Rewind to last year and tell someone we would draft Corral AND Ickey they would say we somehow got two first round picks, nope, just two first rounders.

Be happy guys, and let's stay on them to start Engine#9.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

33 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

The kid should have been QB1 this year before Pickett came out of nowhere for one good season and boom, our guy gets knocked into the third because of rumors.

Let us bask in this blessing on not look a gift QB in the mouth. A UDFA took us to the Superbowl at QB and he played against the best 6th round QB ever.

Rewind to last year and tell someone we would draft Corral AND Ickey they would say we somehow got two first round picks, nope, just two first rounders.

Be happy guys, and let's stay on them to start Engine#9.

If Corral had stayed healthy and played in the Senior Bowl he probably would have gone in the 1st round. That Ole Miss roster was not good last year and he won 10 games. The alcohol/drinking too much as a freshman stuff is probably 90% of college players, Corral was just open about it and it was such a boring draft the media needed something to spice up the narratives. Nothing spicy about Pickett or Ridder

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

If Corral had stayed healthy and played in the Senior Bowl he probably would have gone in the 1st round. That Ole Miss roster was not good last year and he won 10 games. The alcohol/drinking too much as a freshman stuff is probably 90% of college players, Corral was just open about it and it was such a boring draft the media needed something to spice up the narratives. Nothing spicy about Pickett or Ridder

We really lucked up. Now if Rhule will only let the success happen instead of overRhuling it.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yuppers. He's a drunk, and injury prone. We were idiots to draft him. lol

• Beer 1