• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?

iamhubby1

With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?

• NO.
    • MAYBE. After all, we are still young.
    • YES

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

I'm betting on McAdoo. Failure is having to start Darnold because he couldn't get Corral ready to play day one.

I could be wrong but I don't think McAdoo will fail us. 

#1 on my hopeful list. McAdoo being our savior. lol

I would care if he had Corall come live with him. Stay in that kids pocket.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'm betting on McAdoo. Failure is having to start Darnold because he couldn't get Corral ready to play day one.

I could be wrong but I don't think McAdoo will fail us. 

People seem to be confusing OC Ben McAdoo with HC Ben McAdoo.  He’s a poo HC but he knows offense.  I think he’ll be quite solid for us 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

\

lol Sequester him in the bowels of The Bank. Don't let him out til he knows the Playbook inside and out. lol

;

I remember when I was calling for DJ to live with Smitty during the off-season. Just soak up everything your fellow spirit animal knows.

He's doing good but he could use that edge.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I remember when I was calling for DJ to live with Smitty during the off-season. Just soak up everything your fellow spirit animal knows.

He's doing good but he could use that edge.

Oh, I believe DJ has some dog in him. I just don't think the dog bites. He's more a house dog. We need that junkyard dog.

I just don't think you can become as good as DJ has, without some dog in you. But man, if he takes a step up? He could become special.

20 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

People seem to be confusing OC Ben McAdoo with HC Ben McAdoo.  He’s a poo HC but he knows offense.  I think he’ll be quite solid for us 

yet his HC tenure is stained largely by the fact his offense was painfully predictable and bad. 

• Beer 1

I think you dont even need quality, just decent/average and panthers would be a dangerous team. 

*provided the young defensive reach their potential and became a TO machine. Plus CMC stayed healthy and solved red zone woes.

I do feel the ST group will win a couple games this year, while not losing any. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, CRA said:

yet his HC tenure is stained largely by the fact his offense was painfully predictable and bad. 

I truly admire your commitment to your cause. The excitement level around here is rising. You've made it your personal mission to make sure folks don't get too excited.

I usually root for the underdog, so I guess I should root for you.

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I think you dont even need quality, just decent/average and panthers would be a dangerous team. 

*provided the young defensive reach their potential and became a TO machine. Plus CMC stayed healthy and solved red zone woes.

I do feel the ST group will win a couple games this year, while not losing any. 

You just described a young team. Which we are. So you see a bright future? As long as we don't wait too long for that QB that is?

Pretty much how I see it. A good QB and we can kick that door down. Get some experience, and full speed ahead.

TBD. We improved the offensive line but the group will need time to gel and we need to see how our depth holds up too. Whichever QB starts will have weapons no doubt. The other side of the ball is where things get iffy for me. Horn is promising but he is basically a rookie all over again after missing most of last season. Henderson is still an unknown at best and Donte Jackson had a rough go of it last season and needs a bounce back year. At LB beyond Shaq we need someone to step forward in a big way. We also need another pass rusher if I'm being honest. Burns still has plenty to prove as a young DE and he definitely needs someone on the other end taking care of business. Chinn is good we hope he takes another step. It's hard to shake the sight of our defense being ran over and pushed around last year I'm going to need to see some games in preseason to feel better about where this roster is at. We've talked ourselves up before camp in the past only to be brought back down to Earth. August will tell us what we need to know.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I truly admire your commitment to your cause. The excitement level around here is rising. You've made it your personal mission to make sure folks don't get too excited.

I usually root for the underdog, so I guess I should root for you.

I mean, getting hype about Ben McAdoo shouldn’t really be a thing the way I look at it.  Getting hype about McAdoo really speaks more about where the current leadership has taken us prior to his arrival. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, getting hype about Ben McAdoo shouldn’t really be a thing the way I look at it.  Getting hype about McAdoo really speaks more about where the current leadership has taken us prior to his arrival. 

I think Stockholm Syndrome is setting in. 

• Beer 1