• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?

iamhubby1

With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?

• NO.
    • MAYBE. After all, we are still young.
    • YES

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

That front 7 is concerning. But there are some talented kids out there. We were 9th in yards per carry last year. If we can maintain that level? We should be good to go.

The pass rush is sketchy. But again, there is talent there. So who knows?

But yeah, that front 7 could be a problem.

Outside of Shaq, Littleton, Brown, and Burns the rest of the front seven is comprised of a bunch of unknowns, JAGS, and rookies. Hopefully YGM can take a big leap and maybe one of the DT can step up. That D-line is very thin.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Chief Keek said:

Outside of Shaq, Littleton, Brown, and Burns the rest of the front seven is comprised of a bunch of unknowns, JAGS, and rookies. Hopefully YGM can take a big leap and maybe one of the DT can step up. That D-line is very thin.

I can't argue that. But, I can see that there is talent. We just need everyone to make that, 1 more year of experience, jump. We were not as bad against the run as most want to make out. But that pass rush? That is a concern.

9 hours ago, Chief Keek said:

So over half of the starting front 7 is good?  That's good to know I suppose.  

• Beer 1

If CMC stays healthy, our biggest hole on O, outside QB,  is TE. 

Ian Thomas dropped 13.3% of his passes last year and had a whole 188 yards receiving.  For perspective Robbie dropped 6.4%. 

Tommy Tremble had 180 yards receiving and dropped 5.7%.  He had two drops, he got leveled on one of them.   Defenseless receiver should have been called.  Maybe he can take a step up here.

If CMC gets hurt...again...I feel good with Foreman there.  If Foreman gets hurt, I have absolutely no confidence in Chuba.

In the end tho, as Jimmy Clausen showed, it doesn't matter how much talent you have on O if the QB sucks.  Sam threw ints on 2nd down last year.  Take the damn sack or throw the ball in the dirt.  The line was bad, the running was bad, but Sam's play was total ass.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I truly admire your commitment to your cause. The excitement level around here is rising. You've made it your personal mission to make sure folks don't get too excited.

I usually root for the underdog, so I guess I should root for you.

Let him go.  Here's a template for most of his posts:

1)Some statement that is somewhat related to the thread
2)Rhule sucks.

He tries to derail most threads so he can recite his sheer burning hatred for Rhule.  Let him go.  There's no changing him. 

Haters gonna hate.

TBF, a Rhule discussion is appropriate on this thread, and historically Rhule has been bad.  On the Matt Corral thread though, it was stupid.

Edited by poundaway
  • Beer 1

4 huge obstacles.

1) Rhule.... game management and control of personnel. the latter is something that it appears he may have lost/given up some control on, but the former will be an issue for a long time.

2) Snow... I'm sure he was a fine college defensive guy. this ain't college. he needs to use this opportunity tp learn from Wilks, Holcomb, and Pasqualoni...esp. Wilks who should be the DC.

3) Run Defense... we got ate up by big power run games, esp. against the NFCE. we're facing a lot of really good and productive run games this year. We've got to figure out how to keep from getting pushed around. 

4) QB.... Will we be stuck with sammy or are we going to move forward with Corral. If we have Corral, we've got a chance. with sammy, everything needs to be perfect around him for him  to look competent. we don't live in a perfect world. this is one of those things that rhule could mess up and go with the experienced guy, even though, he's just an experienced loser. 

bonus.... CMC. plan on him getting hurt. be ready with a plan B and C and D. best thing to do is don't plan on him playing much this year either. if he does, great, but don't put much effort into building an offense around him. you'll only be frustrated.

• Beer 1

Ioannidis is an upgrade from Jones. YGM is coming into his 3rd year and looks to be more than a competent replacement for Fox. Burns and Brown are solid.

LB-wise, Littleton is better than what was rolled out last year at MLB. Shaq is that dude. Luvu backed up Reddick well.

The loss of Reddick sucks, but there are upgrades everywhere else.

Woods will also allow Chinn to play down in the box more.

• Beer 1

Getting quality QB play from Sam, PJ, or a rookie is a big ask, but the roster does look much more NFL-level than in recent years. The biggest question IMO has to do with the staff, and outside of Rhule that area looks better as well.

Time will tell, but the odds of making some progress appear notably improved vs last year. 

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, onmyown said:

Ah yea the good old argument…

Burrow became the 5th QB in 23 years to go to the Super Bowl with an oline ranked that bad and if only we had a qb we could have been that team lol

Jamar chase is way better than DJ moore and tee higgins is way better than robby anderson

51 minutes ago, rayzor said:

4 huge obstacles.

1) Rhule.... game management and control of personnel. the latter is something that it appears he may have lost/given up some control on, but the former will be an issue for a long time.

2) Snow... I'm sure he was a fine college defensive guy. this ain't college. he needs to use this opportunity tp learn from Wilks, Holcomb, and Pasqualoni...esp. Wilks who should be the DC.

3) Run Defense... we got ate up by big power run games, esp. against the NFCE. we're facing a lot of really good and productive run games this year. We've got to figure out how to keep from getting pushed around. 

4) QB.... Will we be stuck with sammy or are we going to move forward with Corral. If we have Corral, we've got a chance. with sammy, everything needs to be perfect around him for him  to look competent. we don't live in a perfect world. this is one of those things that rhule could mess up and go with the experienced guy, even though, he's just an experienced loser. 

bonus.... CMC. plan on him getting hurt. be ready with a plan B and C and D. best thing to do is don't plan on him playing much this year either. if he does, great, but don't put much effort into building an offense around him. you'll only be frustrated.

Phil Hartman Yes GIF