• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms - top 40 QB countdown

NAS

42 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah seems kind of low for Mills…

Mills looked like a guy who can keep improving. He's not hit his peak yet and Houston may have found at least a serviceable guy in him. His knock coming out of college was his lack of on field time compared to others in the draft. Now, he's learning on the job. Still, might not pan out, but the cost wasn't too high for him.

8 minutes ago, Sir Purr said:

I knew this would  get the MiNsHeW nut huggers worked up.   

if you hadn't eaten in 3 days...you would probably get hype over a random box of rasins you found. 

that's kinda how things are in Carolina world of late.  Minshew is exciting....after watching Sam Darnold.  

• Beer 1

I doubt he ranks Corral at all. Pickett is ranked only because he is the likely starter from day 1.  Hell, we could be starting Baker Mayfield on day 1 for all we know. Don't forget there was a lot of Darnold hype through three games last year. I remember Rich Eisen tearing the Jets a new one for failing Darnold and then watching him do well at Carolina. Turned out to be wrong in the long run, but we had a nice little start.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I mean the Tyrod thing is pretty weird.  Maybe he is factoring his recent health.  I guess that could make sense. He clearly should be above Sam Darnold based on careers to date. 

Tyrod has a winning record as a starter and pretty much better everything statisically. 

I mean the only guy that probably isn't better than Darnold on that list is Lock. Still debatable. People see Darnold's million dollar skills and it blinds them from his 10 cent brain.

If he ever adjusts to the NFL, at the current rate of "progress" it will take well into his 30's.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, NAS said:

No secret I am a fan of his QB evaluations.  Here is where he stands so far.  He still thinks that Darnold has a chance to redeem himself. 

It will be interesting to see where he ranks our incoming rookie Matt Corrall. 

image.thumb.png.de67425040892bb4f192c50478ddd9cc.png

He had him about Kenny on his draft board so I guess he will be above Sam too. Crazy he has never played a snap before in the NFL and he will rank him above Teddy, Gardner, and Tyrod. 

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean the only guy that probably isn't better than Darnold on that list is Lock. Still debatable. People see Darnold's million dollar skills and it blinds them from his 10 cent brain.

If he ever adjusts to the NFL, at the current rate of "progress" it will take well into his 30's.

Sam Darnold is basically the WR that runs a 4.2 at the combine yet can't really run routes or catch well.  Yet instead of him disappearing quitely out of the league..... they keep putting him back out on the field depsite it being extremely clear he isn't actually good at football at this level.  

I mean, there is actually no purpose of Sam Darnold being on our roster at this point. 

• Beer 1

Bridgewater is a better qb than Darnold.  He is statistically better in most categories.  He has fewer interceptions with more passing attempts.  And it just seems to me that he doesn't have a tendency to throw the bad int's, although that could be more a perception colored by the bad ones that SD threw last year. 

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Beer 1

47 minutes ago, Sir Purr said:

I knew this would  get the MiNsHeW nut huggers worked up.   

You don't have to be a fan of Minshew to understand that he's better than Sam Darnold. He's a stop gap/good backup type of player. That's a lot better than Sam Darnold who is a poo tier NFL QB.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Ornias said:

I would take Minshew or Mills over Darnold right now. 

Mills would have been the 1st QB drafted this past one, said that during last season..... Only reason for Taylor is if Corral replaced him, now the panthers have a NFL QB in Corral....