• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms - top 40 QB countdown

NAS

9 hours ago, frankw said:

Here's some fair unbiased evaluation for ya bud 👍

I know people are soooooo scared to play Matt Corral but how can you put one of the worst QBs in history ahead of a forme first round rated QB(before the Pickett/Willis hype) supposedly the #1QB on your big board?

What makes Matt Corral out of the SEC sooooo not ready to start in the NFL. Nonsense. What is training camp for? What is your OC do? Why is there a QB coach?

Sam is a glorified backup QB and in reality lucky to be a backup in the NFL with his horrible career stat lines and injury history. It's funny how some guys get the benefit of the doubt and all the chances they need to show they are below average.

You've got the coddlers out there trying to protect poor Matt Corral from the NFL like the Panthers have a better option.

You won't catch the NFL by surprise with Sam Darnold everybody knows what to do with Sam. The NFL hasn't had the chance to gameplan Corral and he appears to have a much brighter future than anything the failed Darnold experiment has produced.

Turning the page can be hard, but you have to let go of the past to accept the future ahead whether that be Matt Corral at QB or someone from the next draft. Corral needs to be evaluated for a season to know if he's that guy. That is paramount. No coddlers.

• Pie 4

On 5/20/2022 at 11:07 AM, rayzor said:

Just avoid anyone from a college on the west coast. that's probably the rule that should be followed. Pick from where the best/highest level of competition is.

So we shouldn’t have drafted Justin Herbert a few years ago? 

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, X-Clown said:

So we shouldn’t have drafted Justin Herbert a few years ago? 

What made him different from any other QB out there that made him more successful? They all looked good coming from inferior competition.

How many QBs drafted from colleges on the west coast actually succeeded in the league in the last 20 years compared to how many were drafted? 

What made Hebert stand out from any of the other hyped QBs coming out of West coast colleges? Or did he? 

5 hours ago, rayzor said:

What made him different from any other QB out there that made him more successful? They all looked good coming from inferior competition.

How many QBs drafted from colleges on the west coast actually succeeded in the league in the last 20 years compared to how many were drafted? 

What made Hebert stand out from any of the other hyped QBs coming out of West coast colleges? Or did he? 

To just automatically say nope that guy can’t succeed because he went to a school on the west coast as opposed to playing in the SEC is pretty lazy dude and you know it. Ask the dolphins if they want a redo in taking Tua over Herbert if that was really the deciding factor.

Regarding your second paragraph, I’m expecting you to show your work because you there the take out there. Otherwise, off the top of my head I can name Herbert, Rodgers, Luck, and Derek Carr. 

• Beer 1

@rippadonn Stats like these annoy the poo out of me because it doesn't take a lot of factors into account. Look at the O line we fielded, our OC poo the bed after the Cowboys game, no CMC most of the year, receivers started dropping literally everything no matter how bad the pass was. We brought Darnold in from a situation that didn't favor him to literally the same thing but expected more? You and others might not like dude but he's young put him in a decent situation for a few years before asking judgment on skewed stats. I don't want him to be our future QB but to continually use stats that suggest everything last year was his fault just like people like you did the year before is immature. We all know the years Cam and the defense carried us we were playing with house money, we never had a true rebuild until now. These past few years of eating humble pie were necessary, now it's up to this coaching staff and front office to build a winner out of it. Be patient and stfu (not just you but every one crying like we should've been good every damn year) enjoy growth and hope and maybe one day this sorry ass fanbase will get the SB they don't deserve. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheoJay10 said:

@rippadonn Stats like these annoy the poo out of me because it doesn't take a lot of factors into account. Look at the O line we fielded, our OC poo the bed after the Cowboys game, no CMC most of the year, receivers started dropping literally everything no matter how bad the pass was. We brought Darnold in from a situation that didn't favor him to literally the same thing but expected more? You and others might not like dude but he's young put him in a decent situation for a few years before asking judgment on skewed stats. I don't want him to be our future QB but to continually use stats that suggest everything last year was his fault just like people like you did the year before is immature. We all know the years Cam and the defense carried us we were playing with house money, we never had a true rebuild until now. These past few years of eating humble pie were necessary, now it's up to this coaching staff and front office to build a winner out of it. Be patient and stfu (not just you but every one crying like we should've been good every damn year) enjoy growth and hope and maybe one day this sorry ass fanbase will get the SB they don't deserve. 

So all of a sudden Sam Darnold is going to turn into a decent QB? You may not like stats but what the stats measure is your ability to do your job despite what is being thrown at you. In the real world we keep or loose our jobs based on our performance measured by statistics.

What is evident is some guys can do it some can't. Some people are just faster thinkers, readers, reactors. These things are quantifiable. Look at Drew Brees and Tom Brady both around 67% career completion percentage. Those guys worked super hard at processing and reacting. 

If facts are annoying and reality hurts, choose another more accurate player or another team, don't blame ripp.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Losovoevosseniorcapspeciai said:

So I believe corral won’t be on this list. Saw somewhere Simms talked about Pickett is more “this year” even though corral is his qb1

Strange he'd say that and also list Trubisky 12 spots higher than Pickett, who's job would be taken "this year".

43 minutes ago, Losovoevosseniorcapspeciai said:

So I believe corral won’t be on this list. Saw somewhere Simms talked about Pickett is more “this year” even though corral is his qb1

It would be very disingenuous for him to sing his praises and rank him over Pickett and Darnold and not include him on the list 

• Beer 1